Courses

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by sariberry, Jan 10, 2005.

1. sariberry

sariberry New Member

Hi!
    I've been wondering . . . in the interviews they talked about being able to take courses while we are there. So, what kinds of courses, and do they cost money? Just curious!

Also, I haven't gotten any info yet about my Visa or anything and I'm leaving March 29th and want to buy a plane ticket but Eric at Castaway told me not to until I get the Visa. I don't want to leave the ticket until the last minute because it'll end up being really expensive, won't it? (I don't travel much so I don't know how pricing works). Anyway, is anyone else worried about this? Or if you're already at Disney, was this a problem? ???

2. Klode

Klode Guest

Hey,

I just emailed eric today (I'm leaving march 15) and he said that we should be getting our package in early feb, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

As for buying a plane ticket...that's kinda tricky. Sometimes buying early will get you a good deal, sometimes waiting until the last minute will get you a better deal. It's a risk you take. I have looked around and I can't find a good deal yet..... but if anyone has an idea, please post

Where are you flying from?

Claude

3. sariberry

sariberry New Member

I'm flying from Halifax, how about you? And thanks for the reassurance, I'm starting to get really antsy and questioning myself. Like last night, I suddenly thought, "Oh no, what if I misunderstood and I'm supposed to be doing something about my Visa?" So just to double check, they take care of getting our Visa approvals and then just send us the information so we can fill out forms and pay the whopping fee, right?

4. Klode

Klode Guest

I'm flying from Winnipeg.
    About the Visa, Eric is taking care of everything. When you get your package, you should have you acceptance letter there and when you cross the border, they will give you your offical Q1 VISA.
    As for the fee, I don't know if it's actually "whopping".... I think only a hundred or something.

PS- If you want, add me to your MSN

Claude

5. sariberry

sariberry New Member

Hey,
    Thanks Claude, I feel better. And the only reason I think the Visa fee could be so high is because I worked at a camp in Pennsylvania two summers ago and it cost me around $400. Anyway, I added you to my MSN- I'm sure I'll have loads more questions to chat about, especially when you're in Florida and I'm still here!
    Sarah

6. Klode

Klode Guest

Hey Sarah,

my MSN did not prompt me when you added me, so I don't have you on my MSN yet. I sure it's just another bug in the wonderful microsoft world

Anyway, to which interview did you go?

Claude

7. sariberry

sariberry New Member

Claude,
    Sorry it took me so long to answer you, I haven't been on the forum in a while, or MSN for that matter . . . I got my package so I've been frantically trying to get stuff done when I'm not working. Anyway, I went to the interview in Halifax last March. Wow, that was so long ago. I forget, when are you going down? I feel left out, everyone's going March 15th but I'm not going until March 29th, and there are barely any of us going then. Oh well!
    Sarah

8. Klode

Klode Guest

Sarah,

I don't know what's going on with MSN either.

I agree with you, the package is confusing, I think I should probably take it out and complete everything. If I understand it right, we just need to fill and fax the one thing. Everything else we bring with us.
    Have you purchased your insurance yet?

Yes, I am going March 15, but that's ok. I'll hang out with you when you come in.

Claude

9. sariberry

sariberry New Member

Hey,
    We actually have to fax two things before we go . . . that acknowledgement form and our criminal record check, which I did yesterday. Yippee, one more thing to cross off my "To do" list! I haven't got insurance yet either, I guess I should get on that. And thanks for the offer to hang out when I get there- that's what's great about this forum, it gives you a chance to get to know people a bit so you don't feel like you're going down with complete strangers. You'll have to introduce me to all the other March
    15-ers, since there are so many of you!
    Sarah

10. Klode

Klode Guest

Hey sarah, yeah I had forgotten about the criminal record check cuz I did that like the week I was accepted...a little excited much? I THINK SO. As for the insurance, I just got that yesterday, so I think I'm ready to go but I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something important. I read and reread all the info and I can't find what it is....probably just my imagination. Oh well!
    I can't wait to get down there and meet everyone, it'll be great!

Claude