CRP 2009 Update

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Hey guys I just wanted to tell everybody about this e-mail I got from Kristen today. I almost jumped out of my skin with excitement when I saw it in my inbox lol.

Greetings,

I hope you are having a Great Summer and are excited about the possibility of going to Walt Disney World next year on the Cultural Representative Program! Within the next 3 weeks, we will be contacting you by phone to get to know you a bit more. This call will be an informal interview that will assist Yummy Jobs in learning a bit more about you and why you would like to go to Walt Disney World.

As I understand that you may have a summer job that may cause you to miss my call, rest assure, I will still call back! If for some reason you are unavailable when I call, please do email me (kristen@yummyjobs.com) with a preferred contact time or a new number you wish to be contacted on. Or alternatively you may call toll free 1-877-YJ Canada (between 8am- 12pm Eastern Standard Time) and ask for Jason.

Please do note, that due to requiring a work visa for this program, we will be asking about your passport. If you do not have one, please do apply for one as soon as possible, as you will be required to bring your passport if selected for the final interview with Walt Disney World later this year or early next year depending on your province. If you have any questions about this requirement, please do not hesitate to ask.

Also, we are proud to say that we are still accepting Resumes for the Cultural Representative Program, so if you have friends that be interested in going to Walt Disney World with you, do feel free to have them submit their resume to me. Do have them quote your name in the email so we are able to ensure that they are contacted for the telephone interviews as well!

I hope you are as excited as we are for your telephone call, and I look forward to chatting to you soon!

Have a Magical Day,

Kristen

Yummy Jobs

So now we just have a bit more waiting I guess ;D

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Hehe, nice. Now you'll just jump a mile every time the phone rings :p :D

3. ~Disney_Princess~

Yep and I`m keeping it next to me at ALL times lol ;D

4. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Hehe, I probably would've done the same ;)

5. kate003

kate003 New Member

hey I just read my email too! it's so exciting! haha

6. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

Haha I was coming on here to say the same thing. I got the exact e-mail I was so excited when I got it. Now I will always be looking at the phone, and if I see any number that looks like it could be it...I'll probably pass out! haha But good for all of you guys for also getting it!

7. mushu

mushu New Member

Wow guys you're lucky, we all have to do loads of waiting, and I guess us in the UK have a bit more to do!
    I'm a bit worried and also SO excited for all of us - just that tiny bit closer to the Mouse.

;D

8. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey the best of luck gals and guys!!!!

Hope u get to go to Disney, pretty soon.

The best wishes

Robb

9. ~Disney_Princess~

It's funny I was so looking forward to the summer and didn't want it to end but now I kind of want time to go a bit faster and get this process of getting to Disney going ;D

And to you guys from the UK and other countries, don't worry I'm sure you'll get an e-mail and a phone interview soon cuz I'm pretty sure that the next chance for everyone to go is Feb 09 so it's only a matter of time. Plus I hope there's as many different people from different places going at the same time. The more the merrier lol ;D

10. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

I know I am the same way. Now I want this summer to go by fast so I can hopefully go to Florida as soon as can be!

11. ~Disney_Princess~

Yeah and if I get a February start date I can escape the cold end of winter lol

12. mushu

mushu New Member

Whoop! UK peeps have their phone interviews this week and next week, so we weren't kept waiting so long at all.
    ºOº

Keep us updated you guys :D
    xxx

13. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

Have any Canadians had their phone interview yet?? I really hope I get mine soon, it's all I can think about!

14. ~Disney_Princess~

I haven't had mine yet either. I guess we'll just have to be patient ;)

15. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

havent had mine yet either.. everytime the phone rings i sprint towards it

16. ~Disney_Princess~

I think the UK applicants will have their interviews first cuz Yummy jobs was originally for the UK (and other European countries I think) and only recently took over for Cast-a-Way for the Canadian applicants. That's what I'm thinking anyway...

17. Kirbie

Kirbie New Member

The UK applicants have their phone interviews this week and next, some have already had theirs! Mines tomorrow at 12.15, im absolutely bricking it!!
    Good luck to all you guys tho!

18. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

I JUST HAD MY PHONE INTERVIEW!!! That was exciting and nerve wracking...I am still shaking! But I think it went over well. It was the same questions I read before and she was so nice about everything! Yeah I think it went well and I hope to hear back soon!

19. ~Disney_Princess~

Oh my god Oh my god I JUST had my phone interview too!!!!
    Actually it wasn't that big of a deal but here's how it went...It's seriously less than 5 min. It was Kristen that called. She first confirms your e-mail and if you have a passport then asks why you want to work at Disney, how you'd feel about sharing a room with someone else who may or may not be from our country, if you have a preference for F&N, retail or attractions, when you'd be available to start and something you'd tell someone from another country about Canada. That was pretty much it but she also said that they haven't confirmed exactly where and when the F2F interviews will be cuz they're going to see where the majority of applicants are from and when they want to start etc. then they'll be in touch. She said that start dates will be between Feb and Dec 2009 based on when you have your F2F cuz they're probably either going to start in the east (ie. Toronto and move west (ie.Vancouver) or vice versa. I hope they start in the west personally but I'd be willing to travel for the interview ;) So yeah I think it went well, Kristen is really nice and I know I was smiling the whole time lol ;D eeek I'm excited even though I know there's more waiting ahead :D

20. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

Yeah she said she has to wait and see to see where majority of people where. I was smiling the whole time and I think you can tell definetly! See now I would like it to start in the West as well haha!! Good job princess...Hopefully we will see each other down in Florida!