Cultural Representative Program VS ICP

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by dreamemmie, Aug 17, 2007.

1. dreamemmie

dreamemmie New Member

i'm participating into Cultural Rep program now, is it possible for me to apply ICP after finishing my contract as a cultural rep in the coming Jan?
    If yes, what do i have to do for applying ICP and is it a 6 or 7 mths program of ICP?
    thx much

2. britishseapower

britishseapower New Member

I did the ICP and none of us were allowed to extend because our work visas all expired so the only way we could carry on working was by travelling home and getting another visa then coming back. If you are already on the rep program then as far as I know, you can just extend. I remember seeing a notice saying that if you wanted to extend, you could, providing there was a need for labour. I'm assuming your work visas last longer than the ICP ones. The best person to speak to is your manager though or some contact at disney.

3. Jay1988

Jay1988 New Member

I don't know if you will be able to extend to stay as an ICP. But now the ICP programmes are more University based, as in you either have to be at Uni, or you have to have graduated, to do the 6 months, and you have to enrol at UCF which is $1000 on top of everything else. But you can do the 6 months if your doing a degree in tourism ect which will count to the degree.