CV/Cover Letter Help

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Lucy182, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Lucy182

Lucy182 New Member

I sent off my application for the ICP on August the 1st, however I'm panicking a bit that It's not good enough, or not what they're looking for (especially since the UK application closing date has been brought forward).

Has anyone got any tips or recommendations?

2. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Well if you've already sent it off, then you can't do anything about it now. So my tip is to not panic or stress about the situation ;) chances are they've brought it forward because they've been inundated with applications that are at a high standard. After all, why would they bring it forward if they've only seen rubbish ones? They'd want to extend it to try encourage better ones, if anything, if that was the case. So don't worry, perhaps yours is excellent!

3. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Im panicking all the same :/
    But there's no use worrying, because its all sent away, there's nothing we can to to amend it haha.
    Im wishing i hadn't put a cover letter. I put it in the "Motivation for taking part" originally, But then i thought they'd concentrate on the CV more so changed it.
    With the Cover letter, my CV was 3 pages :S which means they'll just skim through it. Hopefully they see all the things they need too :/
    Best thing to do is not think about it haha. Just hope for the best.
    After all, we can only do our best. :)

4. Lucy182

Lucy182 New Member

Yeah I keep editing my yummy jobs profile bit and tweaking my CV and then re-uploading it, have no idea if they'll see what I've updated or not but I'm just nervous! Especially since this is my first time applying and will be my last cause I'm graduating in 2013!
    I wonder what the likelihood is of been selected to go to the interviews, hopefully they give most people a chance!

5. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I have no idea. All my experience is in character work and events so I'm wondering if this is gonna help or hinder my application to do character performer/character attendent. What if they think that those two positions are too rare and as I have no other work experience then I'm not good enough to do anything else....

6. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

I wouldn't worry too much about cover letters... For the CRP, I found the YJ website late at night... my application got sent at 2:47am, no cover letter and my motivation for taking part was extremely brief. Two sentences worth lol. My CV is very F&B with a lot of experience so I think that got me the interview. The pre-selection is the big chance to shine, you give another copy of your CV there and if it has a cover letter attached they will separate that and hand it back to you.