Date of Feb interviews..?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by marshabrady, Jan 11, 2005.

1. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

Hey all,

Not long to go now eh? Nervous anyone..? Me too!!

I was just wondering if anyone has been given the exact date of the interview.. Because I haven't heard anything. And the longer we wait the more expensive trains/planes become!

Anyway, let us know if you hear anything.

Beth :-*

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Hey

I'm sure ull hear soon, we heard about a month before our face to faces, however i would advise u all once u have received ur letter, if u live further away or getting to and from the interviews is a problem if u have to book transport like i did, then it may b worth contacting jason. You get a map with where u are going with the date and time of arrival for your interview, which we have said before we were told to arrive at 830, we then had a form to fill out with our preference of job, before then having the presentation by the recruiters from around 915 - 1040am. then your interview time is read out by jason/alexis, which at our interviews ranged from 11:15 to 6:15pm.

As i had requested an early time with train booking and as i live in the midlands and trying to get back from london was goin to be an experience in itself i was actually the first interview.

Anyway i hope u all get the info through soon i'm sure u will as i received my first lot of info through today from yummy about background checks in order for our acceptance to be successful. its so exciting as i am sure many of u will find out :)

Sara xx

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I get the feeling that the interviews will be in late feb....last years feb interviews were towards the end of the month....don't panic beth!! you'll hear in good time, and I'm sure they wouldn't leave it so late that you couldn't get a good train/hotel deal!! :D

Ellen xxx

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Another tip if booking trains i would always try to book with virgin value through www.virgintrains.co.uk. It cost me £20 return for my interview which i was very pleased about ;)

anythin else me or any of the other acceptees can help with just ask :)

xxx

5. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

hi guys..

just to let you know i havent heard anything yet,but im getting soo nervous now..i thought it would seem like forever waiting for my interview in feb,but the time is just flying past!!

going to start looking for a suit next week,cause i know what im like... it willl take me forever to find one,and ill probably end up buying one the day before the interview,im terrible when it comes to stuff like that!!! has anyone got theirs yet?

there is just one thing about the interview that im really nervous about,i got asked about my culture in my phone interview,and i dont think i answered it the best i could,or should have,has anyone got any suggestions on what i should say if i get asked that again?,i would appreciate it soo much..thanks

love stephxxx

6. SaraC

SaraC New Member

I did get asked in my interview about my hometown, and then she picked a specific thing, marmite, and asked me how i would describe it to americans? i was totally shocked i thought how do u describe marmite haha.

where abouts do u come from steph? it might be worth to try think about that question before u go so you're prepared.

xxx

7. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I've got my suit....hint: go to H&M if you're a bit strapped for cash.....I got mine for under £50!! and it's really nice!

I've always stumbled on the culture question.....reading up on silly things about Britain helps I think, cos they're so silly you can remember them!! :D

Ellen xxx

8. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

A good way to avoid the question and still look clever is to say something about 'I think what i'd stress to someone is that britain is so diverse, even though we're small...' something along those lines but more articulate!

9. Marie

Marie Guest

Emma - ur be fine just think about what u love about this country and your home town.
    I talked about my hometown about our annual festival - i rambled a lot on this! (one of the events Julie my interviewer thought she may have been to and was then like maybe ive been to your hometown) how its grown how its a canal town, nearest cities etc. I also got asked what parts of the UK id been to. And cos im an english girl living in Scotland i got asked how the people are different between Scotland and England.
    Good Luck we're routing for u guys to come and join us!
    Marie xxx

10. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Like Sara said we all heard about a month before the interview so I guess you guysll hear in the next couple of weeks!!

Hopefully theyll only be one days interviews in london and youll all be together!! There was only one day in November so you should be okay!!!

Good luck to all of you!!!!!

11. disney_dreamer

disney_dreamer New Member

thanks for your advice guys..

just thought id let all my fellow februarys know...i recieved an email off jason,he said he thinks the interviews would be either in the last week of feb or the first week of march...a little bit longer than we might have all been thinkin then!!..oh well more time to touch up on my culture knowledge ;)!

love stephxxx

12. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Brilliant- thanks very much for that Steph that's great to know. At least we have some idea now! Guess we'll have to keep waiting for a while! :)
    Charlotte x

13. DisneyMichelle

The waitings the most fun part Charlotte!!!!!! ;) :p

14. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Hey guys,

All the posts have been really interesting! Am getting wel excited now although the thought of trains and hotels and the cost is beginning to frighten me! I hope it is in first week of march cos then i will have been paid! lol. I work with someone who got through to the face to face stage last year and the interview was in the beginning of march.

how long are you guys staying for? am hoping to stay for 2 nights cos i would love to see the club scene of London! lol. Maybe we should arrange a night out for meal or sumit the night before interview? Am guessing that everyone is stayin for at least one night? Put a post on here and maybe we can sort it out!

Bry

15. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Oh noooooooo, i'm off to Cork to see my brother and my little niece on the last weekend of Feb 25th - 28th. I hope it's not on that Friday or Monday :-\

I'll still be going either way as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but i hope i won't have to cut my trip short, i only get to see them about 3 times a year :'( :'( :'(

16. helen

helen New Member

Hiya,

Yeah I think it will be end of Jan or early Mar, because people have said that when they went for the Nov interviews they found out dates etc approx a month b4.
    Lets hope it's not 25th-28th Feb, Sellwegger

I think most people will b stayin over for at least 1 night, from what's b'n said there is a hotel close to where the interview is in Hammersmith which should be ok.

Think it's a good idea to all meet up for a drink the night b4.

Helen :)

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

helen - i am sure u will hear for sure before the end of this month for it to fit into the february schedule yummy have.

and yes there is a novotel more or less opposite the hotel, and a holiday inn express around 5-10mins walk from the offices.

I stayed over the night before, which i would recommend, prevents the hassle of unpredictable london traffic/business in a morning, and ive heard the interviews r all usually held on a friday in london, which ours was in november.

hopefully ull hear in the next week or so

xxx

18. Marie

Marie Guest

Sellweger - dont worry it will work out! If theres more than one interview day/location you can ask to go to the other one i think. At my interview in Glasgow there was a guy from Kent. He got the london date and it clashed with his holiday so yummy let him go to glasgow instead cos it was the following thursday.
    You'll be fine, good luck to all u guys!

19. DisneyMichelle

Like marie said yummy are pretty good at trying to accomodate everyone who got through tot he interview so dont worry if you have to try and change the date as you should be fine Sellweger!!

Its def good to stay up at least one night but it might be a bit expensive if you decide to stay for two night - especially if it ends up being in the middle of the week as prices are always more cos of business people staying overnight in london during the week.

Think the holiday inn express is a little cheaper than the novotel. The cheapest place we found back in november to book the hotels was hoteldirect

Hope that helps!!!

Michelle xx

20. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Thanks Michelle,

the website looks good, certainly cheaper than going on the novotel website anyway. Just waiting for the dates and i'll be booking it!

Bry