Days off

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by DanBlacker, Jan 27, 2005.

1. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

This is for the guys hu are already in the sunshine state:

In the days you get off, do you get enough time to go to the malls, travel places and do whatever you want to do? Or is it taken up with washing your clothes and all that kind of thing?

Cheers!

Dan :)

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

not sure if they still do it, but last year they could now and then arrange for your 2 days off one week to be at the end of the week and your 2 days the next week to be at the star so you have 4 days off. so that would help you catch up. you could do the washing at night id imagine though!

xxx

3. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

You should get two days off and the same days off everyweek! But I have been here for 2 months and have never gotten two days of together and never the same days every week but my friends do, So thats what your supposed to have

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

and what pavillion are you at? just so i know what to expect.

xx

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Are disney quite flexible at giving you time off if you have family visiting? Ive got family coming over in september and would be nice to be able to spend time with them!!

Lindsey - Im pretty sure Tracey is from canada if i remember rightly from before she left in december!!

6. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

thanks michelle! well hopefully it ll be more organised in the UK one! but having said that it means you'll always have the same people on your days off which might suck a bit. imagine we all always had different days off!

xx

7. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

That would be a nightmare if we never got the same days off!!! Hopefully it'll be a bit more organised in the Uk pavillion - id rather have varying days off I think so you have time to spend with different people!!

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah very true!im sure we could all swap between each other too. i dunno maybe not.just have to wait and see. as long as i have someone who shares my love of shopping on the same day off!im happy!

xxxx

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha thats true linz, im sure now and again we'll have days off the same so we can go shoppin, lookin 4 men haha ;)

xxx

10. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

oh what a life!i suppose ... if thats what it takes...then i could go along with that!hehe!

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i'm sure i could force u 2 do that ey linz ;)

xxx

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha! well ya cant complain really can you! 2 ays off a week in orlando! its such a great way to spend them. itll be like a 2 day holiday every week!

xx

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha exactly, well thats exactly how i intend to spend them, toppin up the tan, shoppin, goin the beach and whatever, cant wait! better than sittin here in the bloody freezin cold thinkin what the hell i cant b arsed 2day!

xxx

14. DanBlacker

DanBlacker New Member

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

I'm working in food and beverage in the UK pavillion Lindsey. And I'm countin down the days!!!!!!!!!! You know, I've noticed a pattern, everyone on here is REALLY excited about goin to Disney! This is definately gonna be the BEST year..................................................EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan :D

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i would have to get anyone thats not excited a phsyc consult...how could we not be!!! but yeah very excited.

first and last thing i think about in the day. in fact last night i was thinking about it in bed half the night. i think i fell asleep about 3!very tired today!

it's gonna be the best year EVER dan!

xxxxx

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Everyone!
    I think someone said a while back that it was easier to get time off in merch cos less people made it easier to schedule - so u stood more chance of getting a 4 day b2b than F and B but on the other hand you have less money!

I dont care how the 2 days fall when i worked for canvas hols in france it was the same thing - some people got same days every week others got diff but it was up to the person. Most people who got same days every week got quiet days like mondays.
    Guess we'll find out in just over 4 months yay!
    Marie xxx

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

oh hello chick! was wondering whether you'd be on tonight!

yeah thats what im saying...go with the flow.   8)  it'll happen the way it happens whether we worry or not!

xxx

18. Rudy

Rudy New Member

you get loads of time off!!

you can i have your days off "back to back" occasionally if you book it, and then if you're going travelling you can add a couple more on - book quite well in advance!
    you also get ERs (early release) if it's quiet and you're not skint and when it's really quiet you can call in the morning and try and get an ADO (additional day off).

because you have washer/dryers in your flat you don't need to use up a day off to do it. Walmart is a bit of a mission though!

;D

19. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

bet it is. dont much fancy waiting around fr busses! ah nightmare!

are taxis cheep or not worth the money??

xxx

20. Rudy

Rudy New Member

to got to walmart not really worth it.
    there was a new supermarket across from the commons but it would have been a bit of a walk with heavy bags.
    there was also walgreens for little things after a night at the pub but apparantly the 'O' bus that took us there doesn't run anymore.

we sometimes used to hire a car for the day and do a big shop at walmart and then take off to florida mall to go shopping for the day. was worth it between a few of you!