DCL application questions for those who have applied before (UK)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by JamesM20, Feb 12, 2012.

1. JamesM20

JamesM20 New Member

Hi everyone, I am interested in applying to the DCL and have a few questions for any of you that have been through the process before. Firstly the UK agency want me to send my CV and a recent photo of myself, should this be a professional photo of myself or one that really showcases my personality? I was thinking of posting a good one of me working on the Jungle Cruise last summer for example. Also does anyone know the general time frame for responses and interviews etc? as i am thinking of applying this month, how soon should i expect a response and potentially if all goes well how soon could i be on a ship??

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

2. AussiePrincess

AussiePrincess New Member

Again - don't know about the case for people applying in the UK but I applied in October (in Australia), completed interviews and was officially accepted in December, and am apparently starting in March (haven't actually seen a contract yet though so am starting to get a little nervous!!!).

As for the photo - I uploaded a fairly casual one that had been taken in a previous job (one of those 'I'm smiling and looking at the camera but not actually posed' ones) and they never said it wasn't appropriate...as far as I could tell it was only used by the Australian recruitment agency though...I don't know if it was forwarded to Disney at all but it may have been I guess... Sorry for not being able to actually help!

3. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You've probably already applied, but for anyone else looking for information about this...I sent in a picture of me in costume outside the Rose and Crown in Epcot. They never mentioned anything about it! I always thought it was a bit odd they wanted one.