DCL from uk

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by MattSource5, Feb 12, 2012.

1. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

Feels weird being back on here again... :)

Hi guys,
    Been thinking about applying for dcl a bit recently and just wanted to check some things. If you're applying for merch from the uk do you apply through excellent hospitality? Do they take CVs at all stages or do you have to wait for them to advertise? Also, one final thing, if you do get onto dcl and then like the look of another job (e.g. Guest services is something I've always fancied) is it possible to transfer, whether in the middle of a contract or then at the end of
    one?

Cheers guys,
    Matt x

2. AussiePrincess

AussiePrincess New Member

Can't help with any of the UK questions...but I just read something that you are able to apply for transfer jobs/areas after succesfully completing your second contract...I don't know how accurate that is though!!!

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

Thanks for your response :)

4. AussiePrincess

AussiePrincess New Member

no problem! I realise it wasn't very helpful, but I was getting frustrated that there wasn't more current communication going on in this part of the board, so I figured if I start saying something (anything!) hopefully it will encourage other people to also start posting...

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

Hey you answered one of my questions so that was nice!
    I get what you mean, let's hope you've started something here :)

6. cowza

cowza New Member

Hey dude... it's always better to apply to an advertisement. The recruitment team at Disney Cruise Line only travel at specific times during the year so it's not an ongoing thing recruitment wise.

They have a facebook page... look up 'the agency excellent entertainment ltd'... or by all means send them an email and ask when they expect to be hiring for disney. Marc Sorrentino is the boss guy. He's super nice.

7. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

Cheers for that mate, I've added them do will keep a look out!

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Matt did you end up getting to apply?

9. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

Wheezy! I sent in my CV but apart from the auto response pretty much got squat :(

(very bizarre to be speaking over wdwip again haha)

10. JamesM20

JamesM20 New Member

In a similar position myself mate, applied for youth activities a few months ago, i know they received my cv because they e-mailed me saying they did....but still no response, the wait to hear just anything is a killer :(

11. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I just applied today having turned 21 a couple of months ago. I sent a covering letter and my CV to info@excellenthospitality.biz and dcl@excellententertainment.biz. I wonder if this is even correct? It seems very un-organised (or un-Disney) to be not going through an online application form of some sort and just casually emailing a random email address... ermmmmm :-X