DCL June interviews in London!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by BeautifulBelle, Jun 6, 2012.

1. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I've just been offered an interview for DCL on either 25th, 26th or 27th June in London but I haven't chosen one yet! I'm worried I won't be able to find anyone else that has one as this part of the boards are so quiet for some reason :-[
    Are you out there! :D

2. JamesM20

JamesM20 New Member

Hey, well done! I applied Cruise Staff recently but not heard anything yet :(. How did they tell you and what role are you interviewing for?

3. PrincessJenny:)

PrincessJenny:) New Member

Hey,
    I have an interview on the 26th June. I applying for assistant dining room server.
    Have you picked a date yet and what are you applying for?
    Jenny

4. BeautifulBelle

Hey James! When did you apply? And for what role?
    It's a funny story actually, I wrote them an email just over a year ago with a covering letter and CV but I never heard back. It entered my head to email them again about 2 weeks ago so I was looking for the old email I sent to find whatever covering letter I had written before hand when I came across an email from The Agency just over a month ago that I hadn't opened. It was really strange - I saw that they had replied to my email from 12 months prior saying they wanted me to come to an interview but of course I must have overlooked! It was absolutely bizarre because I'm always really on top of my emails. Very weird. Anyway so I panicked and thought that I had probably missed the boat (excuse the pun!) and quickly re-sent my CV and another covering letter apologising for missing their email. That was just before the Jubilee weekend so I didn't hear anything back until the 6th - and boom - job interview! :')
    I'm interviewing on the 27th now for Youth Activities Counselor :D

5. JamesM20

JamesM20 New Member

Hey

Well originally i applied Youth Activities but was nicely told I needed a few more months experience but they insisited i reapplied when i got the experience. Decided to apply Cruise Staff instead as i am quite keen to get doing something with Disney as i have just graduated before i get a 'real' job lol. Sent everything off last month but not heard anything, kinda accepting it might not happen, but i am also applying CRP. haha we'll see what happens, my ICP last summer was so awesome, Disney has this hold over me atm lol.

Good luck with your interview!!!

6. BeautifulBelle

Thanks! Well they told me that they weren't currently hiring for Cruise Staff at the moment (the role I secretly wanted the most but shhh) and that they were offering me an interview for YAC but I didn't choose for that role at all. In fact it's weird that they offered me that because I initially sent them my main CV which is hospitality and events majority and a couple of years as a drama teacher but I have a seperate childcare CV which is full of nannying and working with children positions. Oh well, guess I'll give them a copy of that CV at the interview seperately to further increase my chances.

7. JamesM20

JamesM20 New Member

Ah right so they're not hiring Cruise Staff atm. Fair enough at least i don't have to keep my hopes up right now then. That is wierd, must have thought you had the experience then. I occasionally TA in P.E at a secondary school and am going back there in September so that will enhance my CV if i decide to reapply for Youth Activities. Need the CRP applications to open!! lol

8. BeautifulBelle

I know I'm just going nuts going for all these jobs. I recently got an internship in London so I'm gonna try fit that around DCL (fingers crossed) and also applying for CRP if that doesn't work out, and also going back to the DLP auditions in London in July if absolutely nothing works out! Phew...

9. tink13

tink13 New Member

I just got offered an interview on the 26th June for merchandise!!! I'm so excited it feels like I've been waiting forever for this ;D

10. BeautifulBelle

How long is a merch contract? And when's your availability?

11. tink13

tink13 New Member

It's 6 months. I said about december/january because I have a holiday booked for November.

12. BeautifulBelle

That's awesome. How did it go today? A YCA contract is 4.5 months (why are they different?) and I put my availability as August, because on the advert it said you must be available by August. So I guess that means they're pretty interested in people starting sooner rather than later, perhaps they're short staffed?

13. lauriem

lauriem New Member

let me know if u want to know anything for your interview and ill help you anyway i can. the youth activities uniform is blue pants and yellow top so maybe wear a nice yellow top and hairband semi formal and show them how nice u will look in iniform. they overhired cruise staff. im hired since nov and still waiting to set sail :( app the turnover for ya is high so if u get it u should be on board soon x

14. BeautifulBelle

I just got back from the interview and they told me there and then that I got it! They must be really deseperate because we didn't do absolutely anything other than just sit in a room with people from The Agency before going into an interview room with a woman called Missy from Disney Florida for about 5/10 minutes! It seems as though it was just formalities because when I got out it was the people from The Agency that told me that I had the job straight away because Missy hadn't even come out of the interview room to tell them what she thought or anything!