DCL October Interviews

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Birdman22, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Thought I would start this off for the up coming interviews on October 25,26th....I am re-joining again as assistant server with a start date in November/December.
    If you have any questions I'll be happy to help!

2. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

Bird all your information and advice has been a great help, thank you.

I'll be at the Manchester interview on the 22nd, going for a server role. Would be great to speak to some people in the same situation before the interview.

3. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hello Both,

I will be at the London interview on the 24th, will be interviewsing for guest services soooo excited but nervous, if you could shed any light on the interview process I would be very very grateful ;-)

ad

4. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

If you have a face to face interview you 95% have the job already.
    It's the most informal chat you will have and it will last 10 minutes.
    Which will include about 2 minutes of them talking to you about the job specific you are going for and your experience in that role.
    Then the last 8 minutes is them drumming into you and making sure you understand you WILL be working EVERYDAY upto 13 hours EVERYDAY for 6MONTHS (or your contract length) with NO DAYS OFF and how you will cope with this as well as living in cabins with upto 4 other people, tiny tiny tiny bathrooms within it, being away from friends/family and so on.

so as long as you know what you are getting yourself in for, you got the job!

5. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Thats great thank you Bird,

I may be a rare exception but the hard work long days and whole life style really really appeals to me, Im definitely aware this wont be a "working holiday" as i am sure the perception may be with some. Actually pretty excited for the interview, just hope im not in that 5% who gets rejected at interview

thanks again :)

6. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hey Bird,

I heard YAC applicants have to do like singing and dancing and script work, is that just because of the nature of the role or is this standard for the cruiseline interview regardless of the role the applicant is applying for. ? dont really mind if this is the case but my vocal abilities are considerably lacking

7. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

I'm afraid I know nothing on this one, I guess it must be a job role specific. I'm within food and beverage, we are just a 1 on 1 interview and have to complete a product knowledge exam/quiz.

8. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

When I interviewed for YAC back in 2007 they did have all the YAC applicants in a room lead an 'activity'. They give you a theme and you can sing a song about it, do a game, tell a story. They basically want to make sure you can do theses things on the spot as that's what you will be doing on the ship (for up to 200 children). There was no script work for YAC applicants just the YA entertainment hosts. Not too difficult and they aren't judging vocal ability :)

9. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

It's obviously different nowadays for YAC's because I interviewed a couple months ago and I'm leaving in a couple weeks to join the Disney Wonder. My interview was literally just an interview, and a pretty swift one at that. I made a blog with a heap of interview and application information, it will probably help you guys and enlighten you a little!
    www.disneywishes.tumblr.com

10. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

Hello! Was at the interviews on the 22nd for youth activities counsellor. Just wondering how everyone else got on etc :)

11. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

Have you heard back yet Chris? I was there (In Manchester I assume?) I hope Mark was right and we do find out tomorrow, can't stand the waiting lol.

Oh and were you in the 9:00 AM session or the 11:00 AM session?

xxx

12. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

Hey! Yeah I was at Manchester, but at the 1pm interviews.
    Yeah I hate the waiting game, fingers crossed we should hear tomorrow!
    Mark said something about we could contact them if we needed to know earlier, but I'm not too sure...! x

13. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

Ah I didn't realise there was a third set of interviews, yeah Mark mentioned to us about finding out early if we needed but I don't think i'd have a legitimate excuse if I e-mailed them now, haha.

Fingers crossed for you, let me know when you find out

14. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

Haha yeah! That's what I thought. My only excuse would be 'I really want to know ' and I don't think they'd buy that unfortunately!
    Yeah fingers crossed for tomorrow!
    Best of luck x

15. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

And the day of waiting begins!

16. daria

daria Member

I was at the same one as you chris, I wish they would hurry up and tell us. the waiting is killing me!!

17. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

Hi! Yeah, you were going for merch right?
    I know, I'm checking my emails constant in case they are emailing us instead of ringing hah! Did they say they would tell us either way? x

18. daria

daria Member

I thought they said email, but I dont no. and yeh im going for merch.

19. chrisdraper

chrisdraper New Member

It's getting less and less likely they're gonna let us know today! Anyone heard yet? x

20. AnnaBell

AnnaBell New Member

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who didn't hear anything today, i've been in work all day freaking out at the lack of anything lol.

I'm assuming they don't work weekends so were looking at Monday at the earliest now?