DCL staff 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by bekahkiley, Oct 2, 2011.

1. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

I was noticing some of us are going to be staff for 2012 at this point so I figured it would be nice to get some introductions so we won't be flooding boards that are meant for other topics. I haven't gotten my leave date yet but I just started the process for the criminal background and medical, I gave a November 2011 availability so hopefully I can just roll with that.

My name is Bekah, I am on board for Guest Services and I am from Ohio in the USA!

2. tayyy

tayyy Guest

i'm taylor from florida, USA! just got my email for merchandise... i don't have a start date either yet, but i gave my availability for january 2012 because i graduate in december!

3. Emily

Emily New Member

Hi! I am Emily from Canada and I leave December 14 to join the guest services team on the Disney Wonder! Taylor, you are smart saying you could go in January, it will give you some time to relax after graduation. I graduate University on December 6 and then I am flying out on the 14, I don't think I thought this out very well. I am so excited to go though!!!

4. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Hello All!! I'm Caitlyn and I was recently hired as an Entertainment Hostess! Sent in my background check on wednesday and waiting for that to go through so I can do the medical and get my ship and leave date!! I am so ready for everything to start and get going!! It doesn't even feel real yet!

5. shanie64btz

shanie64btz New Member

Hello to all of you!

I'm Sarah, french & living in Paris at the moment! Got my interview for October 29th and available early 2012 to board Disney Cruise Line! I can't wait to start this amazing experience!!

6. EGGFACE

EGGFACE New Member

Hey! Im Emily from the UK, i have a position in merchandise and got offered a placement to go in 2 weeks time BUT THEN 3 days after getting offered a date for October i got offered to start on The Fantasy and be at the launch of that mid janurary/mid feburary time. . .i obviously took the 2nd option and i cannot WAIT to get on board ship and life my dream filled life as a Disney Crew member :) xx

7. tayyy

tayyy Guest

emily-- you're so lucky though you get to go so soon! i only put january because i didn't know exactly what day the graduation ceremony would be in december (until yesterday ironically) so i put january just to be safe! plus i go to england every christmas, i'd be heartbroken if i didn't go this year! you must be counting down the days!!

shanie64btz-- good luck with your interview!!

nice to meet everyone :)

8. nicki1404

nicki1404 New Member

Im Nicki- same as emily.... from the UK.. DCL merchandise starting jan/feb 2012 on the FANTASY!
    cant wait!!! :D

9. tayyy

tayyy Guest

to anyone who has their medical booked and knows what ship they are on-- how long after you got accepted did you find all this stuff out?? i know each agency is probably different, but the anticipation is killing me!!

10. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

I did my background check last wednesday and am still waiting to get that cleared so I can do the medical. I am very ready to get going and find out what ship I will be on!!

11. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Hey Caitlyn, I am in the same boat, sent in the background check... Does anyone know how soon after the physical you get a leave date??

12. tayyy

tayyy Guest

completely off topic but has anyone found/have their black dress shoe yet?? i have found a bunch but my concern is comfort... anyone already have extremely comfortable black dress shoes/flats to recommend???

13. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Hey Tay,

I posted on the Shoes board but I am getting some that I used when I was in the Marines. They have super high gloss ones or just regular black dress shoes, look up womens Bates oxfords (look for the ones with durashocks)... They are pretty comfy, you may need to break them in a little but they will last for a long time too.

14. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

15. tayyy

tayyy Guest

16. EGGFACE

EGGFACE New Member

i called the agency cos the shoe problem was WELL annoying me and the lady i talked to said that girls can wear flat pump style court shoes. . .so ive taken her word for it and got me some black flat pump style court shoes. . .who'd have thought that shoes could be so bloomin hard!!! x

17. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Okay so I found some good luggage options so far... One is the Patagonia MLC which can be found on Amazon for way cheaper than the website, it is said to be really durable and a good carryon. The other hybrid backpack I found was a Red Oxx but it is just way out of budget.

LL bean has good duffels and so does Kohls (especially the High Sierra ones)... Anyone else have good tips on luggage?

18. tayyy

tayyy Guest

to canadian emily (lol as opposed to uk emily on here...)-- i noticed on your blog that you got your contract date and ship BEFORE you did the background check and medical.... how did that happen??? the suspense is like killing me to find out!

19. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Tay-

People I interviewed with last week are getting emails with their start dates TODAY and we all submitted our background checks last Wednesday. Still waiting on mine.... But some recruiting companies get the list of leave dates before the background check comes back.

20. tayyy

tayyy Guest

sweet, thanks! i'm just really really impatient! lol