Dilemma...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stu_uk, May 19, 2005.

1. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

hey 8)

in august i was gonna apply to go on the CP for next summer, but today my sister told me she was talking to her manager last night and his brother is the manager of the bar at hard rock at city walk in universal studios and he says he will 'almost definatly' get me a job there for next summer if i wanted.

I got a couple of months to decide what i want to do, but i'v been waiting for years to apply to work at disney, but i guess i could apply the year after. But then if i decided to do the hard rock thing then i would have to find somewhere to live and i wouldn't be able to drive to get to work!

So, any ideas or advice or opinions of what you'd do??

thanks! :D

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

greetings ....

i think that working at hard rock wud be an awesome experience......but so will disney......its a toughy...u can always apply for disney the following summer.....or even deefer a year,between ur years and apply for IP.
    you are correct you have a few months,as disney recruit,well yummy come round to a few unis across country.....in oct i thiink.
    its a toughy,,,but u have two great opportunitys to consider...think wisely...but do what is rite for u.

;) ;D ;D

nat
    x

3. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Hey there!!

I would base it on which job you would get the most out of. Hard Rock will always be there and so will your connection there. With Disney the chances of you being able to get on again are probably not as great. The experiance that you will take away from working in Disney will be totally rad. Personally i would go for Disney but that is just me. Plus as you said, you would not have housing provided if you worked at Hard Rock. Take er easy

Robyn

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

well said robyn, stu i agree with robyn

xxx

5. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

I agree as well!

This may sound slightly stupid but im going to say it anyway - Go with your heart, If you are really want to do one of them go after that one, and as you said yourself, you have been waiting for disney for years and what if hard rock was not as you expected it to be - you would totally regret it!

Sarah :D

6. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

i also agree with robyn,

as hard rock will always be there and can you be 100% sure your sisters manager's brother will defo get you a job.

how about applying for disney and if that option was to fall through then take up the hard rock option

jenine

7. flavour

flavour New Member

well, i worked for both and i wouldn't wanna have to pick one! the year at disney was the best time ever, i've made so many friends there...the advantage at hard rock is that the atmosphere is much less strict than at disney, there's less rules...disandvantage is that you would have to work late night shifts as well, sth you don't have at disney...
    i would do as jenine said, apply for disney first, hrc will still be there if you have connections!
    if you have anymore questions about either one company feel free to ask!

flavour xoxo