Discounts??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Stepharoo, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew for certain whether we also (like CRPs) get 80% off of the disney cruise lines?? And if that discounts just for us, or can we use it for our family?

Thanks ;D

2. nemo

nemo New Member

As far as discounts are concerned, I think we can have 6 family members or friends each, Ben is pretty convinced its that anyway. We read somewhere that it was around 50%, but I'm not entirely sure and I don't think anything can be booked with the discount until we've done traditions.

I could be completly wrong though! xxx

3. vik

vik New Member

yeah we cant get the discounts until we have our cast ID's which is a little annoying when you want to plan ahead, but hey better to have it than not. i don't know about the cruise but i do know that you do a get a discount of some type, sorry i couldnt have been of much more help!x

4. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

isit deffinately 50% or? what do we get off merch?isn't food only like 20%?

5. vik

vik New Member

you get 20% off all merchandise but no discount on quick service food, ie if you go to cosmic rays at the magic kingdom but if you go to the main street confectionary you get the discount cos its not fast food. you also do get a disocunt at down town disney restaurants which i believe is 20% again - pretty good for planet hollywood! theres also the cinema at downtown disney and the mini golf (a definate must if you've not done it before) and something like half price in the water parks if you go in after 2pm

6. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

There are various discussions about the discounts, though the search facility on the site can be a bit awkward sometimes. On the water parks, in peak summer season as stated above you get 50% off in the afternoons, as a general rule guests go in the morning for a while, then get bored and leave by mid afternoon. In spring and early summer you could get 50% off anytime entry, and this also applies for late summer and Autumn (fall), so depending on when you go you may be able to catch part of this. CM's get free entry in the winter, and some special discounts around christmas.

On the merch side, there's also the exclusive CM Cast Connection shop at the MK parking lot with two buildings worth looking at. One has end of line stuff, and the other has damaged goods at a significant discount. Some of the damages may simply require new batteries but be otherwise fine, or have a stain on the fabric. For the stains many of them will easily come off with a wash - but to do that Disney would have to remove the cardboard price tag, and probably couldn't be classed as new anymore, hence they're sold off cheap. You can also get 10% (I think, might be 20%) off at the Disney outlet stores in Orlando area selling end of line ranges.

For food you can get discount at most full service restaurants, with some exclusions of restaurants not run by Disney. You can get fast food discount at Disney's Animal Kingdom park restaurants (not carts or Yak and Yeti ), most of Downtown Disney inc McDonalds, and the hotel resort fast food areas - useful for resorts near Epcot and MK.

The discounts change over time, so what I've said may now be incorrect, there are books explaining the discounts availiable in work locations for you to take when you arrive, which also give details of discounts with local services like hairdressers, car rental firms or restaurants.

7. Fettes girl

Fettes girl New Member

The cruise line discounts can be found online on the Hub - the Disney portal thing. I went on 2 (yes 2!) cruises while i was an ICP last year and they were amazing. Basically you have to be quite flexible when you can go if you want the cheapest rates, and obviously the more people in a cabin, the cheaper pp (although saying that i think you can only have max 3 in a cabin if a CM). Only one person has to be a CM...
    There are three different prices, 15% off, 10% off that and space available (the cheapest), but as you might deduce, they are "last minute" in terms of cruise bookings, i booked mine a month and 2 weeks before we went, so make sure you can book time off. They are mostly the 3 or 4 night cruises so quite easy to get time off. I paid about $400 for each, so that is pretty good and you get your CM 20% discount on the boat (not Castaway Cay), plus tips are included so quite a good deal - what am i saying, its freakin' awesome!!

Hope you get to go on one (or two), i may be on one soon as a crew member - yay!!

8. The thing to remember with discounts at full service restaurants like Planet Hollywood is that they add %18 gratuity to your bill and if you use your discount you HAVE to pay it. Thus in reality you only get a 2% discount. We stopped using our discount in these kinds of places keeping it for places where the discount actually amounted to more than 50 cents.

9. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

whats the link for the hub???

Thanks everyone

10. https://enterpriselogin.disney.com/forms/signin.fcc?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-000328b7-578c-104f-9668-83011c3c0000&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=$SM$Y7f8%2bxdL7RQXq72UnPmmZIQUPcjkzpIW%2fy%2btiCkZfPu%2barLeNfn9WG6HjvmqnXDO&TARGET=$SM$HTTPS%3a%2f%2fenterpriseportal%2edisney%2ecom%2fsite%2fwdw%2findex%2ejsp%3fDEPTaxonomyNode-b9a939a7a9c3e616c53f1776faac01ca%3d570

11. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Noooo it won't let me get to that page or let me register ??? ???

12. Fettes girl

Fettes girl New Member

Ah no, sorry, you get access when you get your Disney ID, so obviously its just for CMs. They kicked me off it the day I left!

13. jingjo

jingjo New Member

Sounds cool about Disney Cruise... but I don't think I'd have enough days off for that even I really hope I can go on the cruise. Unfortunately my travelling plans is overtimed.

14. Shayda

Shayda New Member

Does anyone know when our discounts finish? For example, if my program ends on the 28th will I still be able to go to the parks for free on the 29th? ???

15. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Afraid not. I'm pretty sure we have to give our passes back on the day we finish,so no free Disney on the 29th :(

16. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Just a quick Q,someone said we get discount at the resorts quick service areas too?thats cool.I take it we'd only pay gratuity on full service restaurants ?

17. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

I have a Q too, they say we get free entry into all the Disney parks around the world, for our friends and family too, but how can we possibly goto any park other than WDW... we can't just suddenly jet off to Hong Kong :-\
    And that means we can't let our friends and family into anything other than WDW either because we're not gonna be at DLRP to let them in!
    Confuzzled :-X

18. Shayda: Even if you don't hand in your Disney ID, it expires on the day your programme finishes so you can't use it for anything.
    Disney Jess: Fortunately you don't have to pay gratuity when you use discount at the QSFB in the resorts. Only for the Full Service though it is compulsary leaving you with only a 2% discount in these areas over all.
    BeautifulBelle: You can get in using your blue maingate pass after you leave. I think mine expired at the end of December last year though I didn't try getting in without a Disney ID. I do know some people who used theirs in DLC when they went travelling after their programme ended.

19. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Thanks for that :)
    what you said to beautifulbelle- about maingate pass. so basically we get a maingate pass, and a disney id...which we give back?but we can keep the maingate pass,but you're meant to have the ID to get in too?(haha if that makes sense) so basically, you probably can't get in with the maingate pass as you wont have the other ID?(sorry I hope that makes some sense!!!!)

20. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Noo I see, you have two things that you need to get in, one you give back at the end of your employment. So that's a bit useless then really isn't it :-\