Disney Engagements?! Awee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

So i'm the type of girl who crosses my fingers and hopes that someday i'll get my dream disney proposal! Right in front of Cinderella's castle! I just thought it would be fun to start a thread about Disney engagements and weddings and stuff cause well, I love it!!! lol Not sure if down the line i'd ever be able to afford the disney wedding (although i'd love it!) But I still love hearing stories!! :)

I found this on youtube forever ago on one of my random splurges looking for Disney engagement videos online! Everytime I watch it it still makes me cry! lol! It's just such a sweet commercial! I just love Disney! Only Disney can do this!!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGsElNsaQM

2. mushu

mushu New Member

My cousin went on her honeymoon to DLRP and I've been envious ever since. A Disney wedding too? That'd be amazing...

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I know someone who was proposed to in front of cinderella castle whilst wishes was going on.
    When I heard I was like awwww :)

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

my sister's co-worker had her wedding there, apparently it was realllly awesome (like name places in chocolate with the names written on in white chocolate), but then also very expensive obviously!

5. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

i know someone who had their honeymonn at WDW and wore their badges and mr and mrs mickey ears.

My boyfriend has agreed to our wedding outside the castle or at least in WDW, though i have no clue where he will propose. Disney would be fantastic but anyway he will do it will be special :)

6. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

Oh my god, that is my dream! From the first day I ever went to Magic Kingdom and watched the firework display by the Castle, I always imagined this is were I want to propose to the perfect lady. Its just the most magical setting you could ever wish for, you so happy at that point, imagine if the question was popped!....I would be in my element! x

7. princess_shayna

I know!!! I just think it would be the most magical place ever!!! When I worked there, I helped make one happen outside the castle when I was doing PAC... right after Spectro and before Wishes. The mother approached me and asked me if there was anything I could do and I ran to get my coordinators and we got them a special spot where no one else was standing right on one of the side walkways leading up. I've just always dreamed that would happen to me!!!

I think it's just the ultimate magical fairytale!!!

8. princess_shayna

I would also love love LOVE to go on my honeymoon there! That makes me so jealous! I've always wanted to wear the ears and walk around! I'm so envious when I see people that too! I just think it's so sweet and romantic! ahh lol!!!

9. FrancisM

FrancisM New Member

One of my best friends just booked a Disney Resort for April and is planning on proposing when he's down there.. not sure if it's gonna be in WDW or not

10. entcal

entcal New Member

Awww, that's so awesome.

11. vistaway

vistaway New Member

I met my wife while on the Cultural Rep program (she was UK merch...myself Canada foods). I proposed a few years later in front of Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Sleeping Beauty Castle) at Disneyland Paris. Although we didn't have a Disney wedding (we got married in Wales) there were lots of Disney flourishes, and we had over 30 fellow former-Cast Members attend as well. As you can imagine, our house is full of Disney stuff, and now with two young kids, we go back pretty often.

It's a great story to tell people when they ask 'how did you two meet?' :)

Below is a photo taken maybe a minute after I proposed (they have a really neat spot on the drawbridge to the castle that works well as a 'proposal location'!)

Andy

12. urock

urock New Member

i have looked at disney a few times for my wedding but we have put it bk since i start at disney in 2 weeks.

13. princess_shayna

Thats so cuuuuuute!!!!

If it is WDW tell him to get the little glass slipper to put the ring in! Just give it that extra Disney touch!! So sweet!!! I love it!!!

14. princess_shayna

That is the sweetest story ever!! I'm actually dating someone I met down in WDW on my ICP program in 2006!! That is such a great story to tell! And what's better than meeting and falling in love in Disney World!?! Simply the best! I love your story :)

15. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

vistaway, wales is the best choice mate :D
    that's my first choice for sure...don't care what my future wife (when i meet her) wants ;)
    i sound like such a charmer!

16. Karritada

Karritada New Member

haha matt you sweetie :p i would love the whole disney thing, but i also think it would make me so overly emotional id be crying to much to answer (in a good way of course) i love the whole idea of a disney wedding, the first time i went to disney (when i was like 7 or something) i told my mum i was gonna get married there haha

17. vistaway

vistaway New Member

LOL, and you're not biased at all!

I actually lived in Wales for a year or so, then we both moved to Canada after the wedding. We got married in Craig y nos 'castle' - so kind of a Disney-theme going (even a bit more authentic)...

18. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

That is an awesome story! You gotta love Disney, finding true love, making dreams come true... all made possible by a mouse!

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

having it in a castle is pretty ace!
    i've told people i've gotta meet my wife in disney, otherwise i'm pretty badgered ;)

my uni friend's sister met her boyfriend on the CRP too, and i think they've been together a while now, it truly is a magical place! hehe

20. kate003

kate003 New Member

this thread made me so happy. i'm on my break at work and it isn't the greatest day but all these awesome love stories are cheering me up perfectly!
    vistaway that's the greatest story! I

Ive always wanted a disney wedding, if i magically become insanely rich the whole in front of the castle in disneyland would blow my mind, but more likely somewhere in wdw is a little more reasonable. Any guy who wants to marry me is going to have to really like, or at least tolerant fully, everything disney!