Disney English

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by 2005CP, Oct 17, 2011.

1. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Anyone else get the email from Yummyjobs about working for Disney in China teaching English.

When i got back from the CRP, i pretty much went straight out to Barcelona and did a TEFL (qualification for teaching English as a second language), so i was astounded when they advised that they are taking applications for what would be full time work, not a short term contract.

Anyone else get this email and send of a CV? Got a reply advising that there will be a decision regarding phone interviews in the next few weeks.

2. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I looked at it but you have to have a BA i only have a cert of higher education - otherwise i would have been tempted to apply - i ave experienc eof teaching children to read and write from mentoring programme i did

3. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

I realise this is a bit of an old thread, but I saw the email and applied. After doing the Cultural rep programme I came back to the UK and spent a year appying to go out to Japan, where I spent three years teaching English with the JET programme. I don't have a TEFL or anything, but they say we can be trained beforehand to get the TEFL-C. I got an invitation to a Skype interview today, which I will be doing on Wednesday.

Did you go through to the Skype phase 2005CP? Also, do you know anything about the application process? I assumed the skype interview would lead to the face to face interview, but 60 minutes is quite long time for a phone interview to last?