Disney Hotel....which one....

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by belle, Apr 6, 2006.

1. belle

belle New Member

When I go to Florida next year for my wedding I have to stay at a Disney hotel for 4 nights in order to "get to use" the wedding pavillion.

We're on a budget and since the trip/wedding is already costing alot we don't wanna spend alot on the hotel. (Don't get me wrong I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian but we can't afford it). Soooo I'm guessing the ALL STAR resorts are the cheapest ones....but which one is the best?

Which ALL STAR is nicer? And which one has the best location?? (Our friends and family will be staying at a hotel near Crossroads and the wedding will be at the Weddng pavillion.........)

Any good ideas????

2. heatherh

heatherh New Member

the pop century is not located with the other three but is newer and there isnt much difference in the other three which are located near animal kingdom. over the years ive stayed in all three! they are all fairly close together. sport is the oldest then music then movies. Sport is the first one you come to when you drive through the All star resort entrnce. we liked all of them, i wouldnt like to choose.
    the wedding chapel is lovely!
    have a lovely day
    Good luck

heather x

3. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

HATE Pop Century with a passion. The hotel is laid out in the worst possible way so that you could have the longest walk from your room to your car or the main building...to the point that if we forgot anything we'd just get it next time. The rooms are at least a foot smaller (width wise) than the All Star and I know it doesn't sound like much, but the TV is a lot closer to the bed and you can definitely feel it. Just really was not a big fan.

On the other hand...LOVE the All Stars. They are all pretty much the same, just depends which theme you love the most!!! Sports is my fav, but I have stayed Movies too.

All 4 value options are pretty far from Crossroads area.

Shannon

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I like All star movie best. I know you're on a budget but you might be able to get Port Orleans Riverside quite cheap as this is the next step up from All Stars and is really close to Crossroads. The way we always did it though to get to the Crossroads area was to go on the bus to Downtown Disney and then walk to Crossroads as its not far. Its about a 20 min journey from All star mind. Pop centuary is slightly closer and has its own bus (all star resorts all tend to share a bus which is a pain)

5. Littlefoot

Littlefoot New Member

I agree with Shannon, the Pop Century is crap! I don't love the All-Stars, but they do serve a good purpose of being cheap and easy to deal with. I like Music the best myself, but really, it makes absolutely no difference.

If you can find the money, I would highly suggest going to Port Orleans or Carribean Beach. The feel is just THAT much nicer than one of the All-Stars, but still can save money with a cafeteria-style food court.

ali

6. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

I agree with Ali! There is something about the All-Star Music that makes me like it more than the others... but if you can find it in the budget, you should also consider the Port Orleans or the Carribean Beach. The little bit more you pay is worth it. :D

7. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

JUST my two cents..........

I JUST got back last month from staying at RIVERFRONT Port Orlean's and it was a GREAT hotel!! The room was very close to the parking lot and although we never went to the pool or to the main building for food, it was CLOSE and nice!!!

Hope you get something and CONGRATS and BEST OF LUCK!!! ;D

8. belle

belle New Member

Thanx for your opinions guys.

I have been looking at Caribbean Beach as well but it's 139$ a night and the All Stars is just 79$.

But we might decide to do it either way. We only have to stay 4 nights at a Disney resort (when we do the wedding and for the remaining nights we'll be joining our friends and family at Crossroads.

If anyone else has opinions on the hotels...bring 'em on!

9. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I would go with something in between and then ask for a complimentary upgrade since you are getting married. I work in a hotel and it always works lol
    Congrats!!!

Julia

10. Ona

Ona Member

I actually quite like pop. :-\ But then, I used to be a hippy. ;D

All the values are much of a muchness. In terms of age, pop is newest, followed by ASMo then AsMu, the AsSp (AsMo's food court is MUCH better than the other all stars). Are you guys driving? If not then transport is an issue. Then I'd say go pop (lol go pop ;D ). The all stars share busses and sods laws says your resort will always be the last pick up/drop off. ::) I like the setting of pop too with the lake. Nice for a nice evening stroll. ;) And location wise, pop is much handier than all stars for pretty much everything except AK.

Ona x

11. belle

belle New Member

Thanx for even more good answers.

We will be renting a car for the entire stay so the busses and pickup/drop offs won't be an issue.

And I don't think we'll be going to AK - We're not to impressed with tat park ;)

I would so like to stay at a really nice hotel - but at the same time I don't wanna spend alot of money on it since we won't be in the room much anyways.

Think I'll have to discuss it more with my fiance.

If my old supervicor can sign us in (which I think he will) I can take "park tickets" off my budget and use that money for a hotel upgrade :D

12. KC

KC New Member

But what about Expedition Everest??? :-\

KC

13. adjonline

adjonline New Member

And Festival of the Lion King. And the safari. And Kali River Rapids. And the general awesome theming. :p

Each to their own, of course :)

14. belle

belle New Member

Well....the park probably has "isolated" high lights....but to me it's just not that great. We felt that it's "just another zoo" and I don't think we'll be spending any time there this time.

It's just a matter of opinion and taste I guess.....

15. KC

KC New Member

But it's "Nahtazu"?!

Didnt you read the signs? :p

;) :D
    KC

16. Ona

Ona Member

[​IMG]

Ona x

17. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Wherever you decide to stay, pay the few bucks more for a preferred room...especially if you pick Pop or somewhere like Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. They are rooms closer to the main building or pool. The walks to the main buildings can get quite far!! Ever thought of pooling some wedding party rooms and getting a bigger place at one of the vacation club resorts??

Shannon

18. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I definitely agree that you should try to find someone to sign you in, because that can save you A LOT of money. You don't have to spend money for the most luxurious place, but hey how many times are you going to get married? I would definitely look for something nicer than the AllStars ( lol sorry I work for hotels, they don't impress me too much).
    I agree on the AK, it is my least favorite park...Ok maybe because I was scared of the 3D bugs show lol

Julia

19. nick_uk

nick_uk New Member

Old Orleans RIVERSIDE is soooooooooo nice - its peaceful and beautiful and a real nice place.

My family stayed there when they visited - and I worked there on September 11th as relief work - but its really nice (and you can get a boat to PI!)

20. belle

belle New Member

Thanx for all the input guys. We have now booked a resort and "landed at".......

drumroll....

Port Orleans French Quarters. :)

Very happy about the chiose. It was alot more expensive than what I thought though...I guess the price I found was low seaon and apparantly March is not. But not the chiose has been made and I hope we'll be happy. We didn't wanna pay even more for a nicer room - but let them know we are getting married and they will try to upgrade us if they can ;)

About the signing in....I've been talking to my ex-manager and he originally said yes but when he learned the dates weære comming said he can't. It's spring-break (I had no idea)... so it's blocked out. He was gonna try to get us discounted tickets but wasn't sure if that was "allowed" either because of spring-break....oh well....