disney hotels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baby_natz16, Dec 30, 2004.

1. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

hey everyone

I am just beginning to plan my next disney trip (well in advance b4 i will actually go lol) but what disney hotel does everyone think is the most fun?   I am thinking beach club or boardwalk...anyone stayed at them, or can u recommend a better hotel?  ;D

x

2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

Both are really good hotels, ive stayed in the Boardwalk Villas and found them to be REEEALLY nice. However, the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are two of my fav's because they're so well themed and lie to close to the Magic Kingdom. If you're on a cheeper budget then I'd stay at Pop Century, although its a value resort I found that when I stayed there it's really good fun - at certain times throughout the day music comes on at reception and the cast members do the "twist" with guets as they check in.

Nick

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I've stayed in coronado Springs, Boardwalk and Old Key West.....I think the best was Boardwalk...a boat ride from Epcot (which, incidentally Nat, brings you right out into the UK!! :D) and MGM. There's nightlife there too in case you didn't want to go far....and the rooms are more like flats (showers are HUGE and LOVELY!! :D)...and the main swimming pool has a slide shaped like a rollercoaster! :D

Ellen xxx

4. Rudy

Rudy New Member

animal kingdom lodge!!!!

i stayed there for my 21st birthday and it's great, especially with the wildlife walking past your balcony!!

;D

5. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Michelle,

Well I would surely try the Music, Sport of Movies, they are cheap, and they are quite nice too.
    Or aslo I would try the Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Fort Wilderness.

But I bet that any resort u chose it is going to be great, after all.
    All Walt Disney World is a themed and magical Experience.

See ya

Robb  ;D

6. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i have only stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. It was really nice. It is split into 6 different islands which have their own pool and then here is a main pool, so there are seven pools in total! We used the Disney busses all the time and it was really really quick to get to everywhere, especially epcot and mgm studios... and you could see epcot and hear and see part of the fireworks from outside. The only bad point i think is it is so big, there is even an internal bus that goes around the whole resort if can can't be bothered to walk.

I like the look of the boardwalk area hotels, Pop century is next to Caribbean Beach resort and looked like fun to stay there.

8)

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Well personally i have stayed in all 3 all star resorts, coronado springs, caribbean beach & both port orleans (french quarter & riverside) which are all great. Animal kingdom lodge is great as well. All the resorts are special in their own ways with the themes etc. I used to love getting the boat from port orleans to downtown disney hehe :)

xxx

8. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Ive never stayed in any of the disney hotels :(

Although - I do plan to take advantage of my CM discount when Im out there and try and spend at leats a night in all of them!!!

Think my parents want to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort when they come out and visit me - just cos its got the word 'caribbean' in it and they love it there :p

9. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

Oh you so should DisneyMichelle, the disney hotels are great. I have stayed at the all star movies before and in a downtown disney hotel in WDW (was only £400 for 2 weeks with flights from the UK), both really excellent. I always thought the moderate priced resort hotels like the carribean beach and port orleans had less theming, am i wrong? I would love to stay at the polynesian....however, the swimming pool at the beach club looks great, and the boardwalk just looks so much fun. I'm even more confused now lol. ;)

10. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Im def gonna try staying in the Disney hotels!!! I think with our discount and a few of us getting together we could have some great times in the hotels!!!

My priority is a savannah view room at AKL!

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i'll defo join u on that michelle if u could bare sharin a room with me haha :p

i wana stay in those i haven't managed to get to yet. It's funny cos every year i've been to orlando with my parents we always go on a trip 2 the resorts 2 have a look round, always end up at the AKL looking at the animals mind! haha

xxx

12. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i read that at certain parts of the year cast members get 50% off regular rates.

That means you can stay at the grand floridian for a cheap sum of $175 with your discount :eek: :eek: :eek:

but spreading the cost will make it not too bad ;D

8)

13. T-belle

T-belle New Member

I stayed at the grand Flo for my 21st b-day....IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We git an upgrade to a room with a castle view, just sooo nice to watch the fireworks at nite from the Grand Flo.

I've also stayed at All Star Music, Pop Century and AKL......all really nice.... but the Grand Flo was my fav....

14. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

OK I have stayed at:

Grand Floridian - really nice but expensive. Got it on cast rate and it was still alot but the hotel was beautiful and the spa facilities were included - oh and it was even nicer cause I got a gift basket from the manager of the hotel but not really sure why $$$$

Polynesian - stayed in the conceige room here which with discount was the same price as the above and much better. The room had a patio (requested a downstairs room) and we had a lagoon view which meant we could watch the fireworks from the patio each night, and the light pagent they have on the lagoon. The price also included breakfast 7-10(cakes, cereals, fruit, toast, coffee, tea, milk and juice), snacks 11-4 (goldfish, nerds, m+m's, brownies, cookies, coke, sprite, tea, coffee, juice and milk), dinner 5-7 (usually 2 items such as spring rolls or chicken wings with a rice/vegetable accompliment, snacks, cheese and crackers, wine, beer, coffee, tea, coke, sprite, milk and juice) and dessert 8-10 (brownies, cookies and mini cakes, liquers, coffee, tea, coke, sprite, milk and juice) $$$$

Beach Club - Again stayed in conciege. Here you had the same set up as above but had more choice for dinner (you had fish and chips one night, and crab legs another) and more range of alcohol (6 different wines compared to polynesians 3 and 8 different liquers compared to 6). The view however wasn't as good as they only have a few conceige rooms. We could see the fireworks at EPCOT but little else. $$$$

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Stayed here a few times. Always had Savanah view and it is a gorgeous hotel. The decorations are amasing and I've always loved watching the animals at night with a drink on the patio. The room is big and although it is expensive compared to Riverside, you are paying for a bit extra space and the chance to see animals every day when you wake up. $$$

Old Key West - This is actually a timeshare resort but we were lucky enough to exchange to here a few years ago. The place was gorgeous. We had an apartment overlooking the lake. It had loads of activities including boat and bicycle rentals. They have a boat that takes you to Downtown disney too which is nice. As the room was an apartment we had ample space and cooking facilities. Even had a balcony we could sit out on. $$$

Swan and Dolphin - OK this is technically Disney but is run by another company (the man that built both of these hotels was given the land after building the Yauht and Beach club for Disney and then the hotels were allowed to be run as his hotels). They have a really nice relaxed atmosphere, and are alot less popular than most Disney hotels as they aren't an official Disney hotel and doen't have a proper theme (unless you class pink and blue as a theme). They are more like a normal hotel with the Disney facilities. I like them as they are more adult than other hotels (alot like the atmosphere in the Beach club) and they have proper lap pools (unheard of in Disney). $$$

Riverside - This is one of my favourite resorts. We always request to be in Magnolia bend as this is made up like a mansion house. The Bayuoo side isn't personally my taste as I think it looks like wooden shacks. It has a lovely food court and a lake which you can hire boats on and drive down to the Market Place. If there's room down there you can also moar and go and shop for awhile (my parents did this and went and got ice cream at Giedellis). This is probably the best value for money resort and has lots of activities including Smores by the camp fire, and bicycle rentals, and has a boat to Downtown Disney. $$

Coronado Springs - Personelly this one I didn't like. Its food court was expensive and didn't have much evening choice. Also didn't give you a list of prices when I was there and was set out like a market so when you got your food and reached the till was the first point you found out how much it was. They have now improved the hotel by all accounts but I thought it was tacky. The room I was in was 15 minutes walk from the pool and the food court. $$

All Star Movies - A really nice resort but very kid orientated. As someone who would rather spend a holiday away from the pestering of young kids (especially when they are running around the pool unsupervised) this wasn't ideal but good value for money. We stayed in the Dalmation area and the Buzz lightyear area and both were nice. $

Pop Century - The same as above just different decorations. We stayed in the 70s area and over looked a nice little garden. $

My Favourite are:
    Polynesian (the hotel is wonderful)
    Animal Kingdom (animals)
    Beach club (more grown up)

15. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

What's a conceirge room??

oh and I agree about the Coronado springs food court...I thought the food was nice, but the system of getting it and paying is a bit cheeky cos, as you said Gismo, you don't find out how much it all is until you come to pay...and then you can't do anything about it! The rooms were nice there but the pool/restaurant/bar/games room/shop kind of had a Butlins feel about it (UK people will understand! ;)) but just on a grander and Disneyfied scale!

Can I come too Nat??

Ellen xxx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i agree as well about coronado springs foodcourt!

Ellen - i was wondering about the conceirge room as well, sounds good with the food, i think i'll b staying there once i'm over and have enough $s to hehe.

Riverside was my favourite i love that place, we too stay at magnolia bend (well request to) when staying there. The mansions are beautiful as well as the rose gardens etc etc. gorgeous :) aww can't wait to be visiting them again come june! I also met Britney Spears at the then dixie landings resort, which was very exciting haha

xxx

17. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Well I've never stayed at a Disney resort :'( since we always rent a villa and my dad drives! But it's definitely something I want to do if I get accepted- stay a few nights in some of them! ;D
    Charlotte x

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah u definately have 2 charlotte its a real experience. we always stay in them cos we love them haha, my dads like well gives me a break from drivin 2 the parks but then we always drive 2 all the malls and get some bargains ;) although when theres a group of u stayin in a villa is fun :)

xxx

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i was just wondering if when u stayed u could give a approx price it was to stay in the resorts, obv it changes with when u stay etc, but just as an idea if u can :)

xxx

20. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

If i ever get to stay in conceirge i think i would just stay in and eat all day!