Disney ICP 2013

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Phibbsj, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Phibbsj

Phibbsj New Member

Hello,

I'm applying in the summer for the 2013 intake?

How long does the application process take from sending off your CV to finding out you are goin on the program?

When do students normally get told that they have been accepted?

Thanks

Joe

P.S- is anyone applying for the 2013 program?

2. Abeille

Abeille New Member

I'm not sure where you're applying from but usually applications won't be open for the summer until the beginning of September/end of August. Once you send in your CV it takes around 2 weeks to hear back from yummy jobs. If you get accepted you'll have to schedule a phone interview, which usually will take place a week or 2 after you hear back from them. Then if you get past the phone interview you'll get a face to face interview. In Canada the this interview takes place after Christmas. In the UK I'm almost certain it takes place before Christmas.

So long story short, if your CV is accepted it can take anywhere from 3 months to 6 to find out if you're accepted into the program.

3. Phibbsj

Phibbsj New Member

Thank you :)

I'm from the UK - England, yeah I heard that you have f2f interviews before Christmas here

4. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey last year applications opened on September 1st, I applied straight away then got this email on the 4th:

"We will be reviewing your application and you will receive a response within 6-8 weeks of submitting your application."

Then on the 28th September I got my invitation to a phone interview.. I forgot about it for ages so when I got round to choosing one I ended up with a quite late one being on October 27th!

Then I heard back on November 1st :) But even if you choose an early interview u just have to wait longer..

Then I didn't get through to face to face but I think they happened at the end of November then you definately hear back before Christmas, it's usually the week before!

So yeh hope that helps, sorry it's so accurate not cos of my memory haha but because I kept all the emails :p

5. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

I'm new to these forums and I was wondering if anyone could answer this for me: Could you do the summer ICP for conescutive summers, or do you need to wait a year (ie: I'll be applying for Summer 2013, and if accpeted, would I have t wait to reapply in 2015, or could I reapply in 2014?)

6. Phibbsj

Phibbsj New Member

Thanks Piglet :) are you applying again?

I think you can apply each year I know someone who has done 3 years so I don't think you need to wait a year before reapplying. Someone correct me if im wrong :) hope that helps

:)

7. DisneySparkles

Thanks! That does help a lot, actually! :D

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey yeh I am applying again in September :p I hope I get in cos it's my last chance now, I graduate next year :eek: It's very exciting I wanna go back so much!

9. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Just wondering if anyone has started looking at their application for 2013 and what sort of roles people are looking at? I'm pretty chilled with roles, would be happy to do most of them so long as I get to work at WDW. I know applications opened in September last year but was wondering if anyone knew anything about this years? All the ICPs for this year are heading off around now, makes me so jealous :p Wish I was there!!

10. Piglet

Piglet New Member

yeh but were having great weather atm so just enjoy it and think there might be rubbish weather next summer and we may be in Florida then :p I usually just submit the same application, make some edits to make sure my details are up-to-date, you only really need a good cv and I usually add a cover letter too, i'm excited I hope I make it this year, I want to do custodial x

11. DisneySparkles

My number one choice for job is character attendant, but as that's pretty rare my second choice (if accepted) would probably be merch, just because it's what I do at home now. I'd also really like to try operations. Like vickiw001, I'm happy enough just working there :)

12. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm worried now that if I actually get offered an interview that I won't be able to make it.. I'm in Las Vegas from November 15th to November 23rd and that's usually when the interviews are! eek

13. DisneySparkles

Hopefully things will work out! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

14. whiterabbit

whiterabbit New Member

Hi! Is August 1 the opening date for all applicants? I'm applying from Canada so I'm wondering if anyone knows when Canadian applications start? Thanks ;D

15. DisneySparkles

I'm assuming yes. I was the first one who saw this, from the looks of it, and I, too am from Canada.

16. banable

banable New Member

Couldnt you do a Skype Interview?? Iv heard of them doing that before.

Also, I read somewhere that Yummy aren't doing Phone Interviews anymore, is that True??!! I awful at Phone Interviews, I dont think they are a fair way to represent yourself. Im sending my application off before the end of the week. I applied last year but didnt get a f2f, I hope to get accepted this year seen as its my last chance!! Anyone else in the same position??

17. Piglet

Piglet New Member

exactly the same! I applied last year and didn't get in and its my last chance now too, and yeh they're doing a pre-selection event instead :) x

18. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey I've never replied for the ICP before but I did the crp back in 2009/10 and then reapplied last year for it and didn't get a phone interview. Then decided to apply and go to uni. Start in about 3 weeks so thought I'd try my luck with the ICP! :)

19. banable

banable New Member

I have just submitted my application!! And the waiting begins.. They are doing everything much earlier this year and I am SOO happy they aren't doing to phone interview. Piglet, can you remember all/some of the positions they give you to choose from?? I know you mentioned you want to to Custodial what does that entail?? ParkyPants, how was the CRP in 2009/10?? What did you do??

20. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Merchandise
    Quick Service food & beverage (Fast food restaurants and little stalls etc.)
    Full service food & beverage (Restaurants where it involves taking orders and serving meals)
    lifeguard
    custodial (Cleaning up after guests, keeping the parks tidy, emptying bins etc.)
    Attractions
    Character Attendant
    Character Performer

Sorry really brief cos I have to leave for work in a min lol but if u have anymore questions let me know :p I actually run the blog workingfordisney.tumblr.com so you've reminded me that I should address the roles actually so people know what to apply for ;) Cheers lol x