Disneyland Paris

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by BrittneyMarie, Dec 2, 2009.

1. BrittneyMarie

BrittneyMarie New Member

Hey All!
    I was just curious to see how many of the people in here had worked at Disneyland Paris, what it was like, what requirement you needed, etc.
    Thanks a bunch. Bee.

2. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

I worked there. I got the job easily because I'd already worked at Walt Disney World. Your French needs to be really good. They told me it wasn't so important, but when I got there, hardly anyone spoke English so I found it really difficult.

3. Jenn_fs

Jenn_fs New Member

How do you get a job at Disney Land Paris?
    Did they quiz you on your french?

4. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

Yes, half the interview was in French.

5. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i think you posted in the wrong place!!!

my friend is friends with mickey/minnie etc out at dlp and she didnt speak french when she went there but i think she has learned some

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

i think the person posting as "flex" is some sort of automatic thing, theres a few random posts that make no sense at all!!!!!! :D

i asked about DLP after i left the CRP and i was told that if you want to work in a customer facing role (i.e anything where you have direct spoken contact with guests) then you have to have a good standard of french, for non speaking roles ("good friends" with the characters!!) you dont have to have much, altho if your living in Paris its going to be a bonus to at least have some basic French under your belt!

7. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

common sense would be to talk a good few months worth of intensive conversational french lessons before you even applied.

8. Steven_joyce

Steven_joyce New Member

Disneyland Paris is wonderful Place. I went Summer holiday on Disneyland Paris.
    I enjoy it and meet different country of the People.
    :-*

9. cowza

cowza New Member

If you can go to auditions for entertainment (characters and parades) in London and you don't need to be able to speak French. Although as someone pointed out... you would live there so a little is going to help.

I have a friend from Disney World who ended up going to work there in Guest Relations. All these other roles require fluent english AND french (at the bare minimum). Lucky for her she was from Belgium hahaha.

10. FmH

FmH Member

i've worked the buffallo bill's wild west show over there, and to be honest: my french is really basic.
    you do have to know some and you should be able to understand and answer questions and everything, sure- but you do not have to be perfect. you'll learn it over there anyways- the french do not seem to be the biggest fans of english^^
    i'm planning on going there again once i am back from orlando, they do have really short stints over there, christmas for example is like 3 weeks, and i am not sure about being there for longer than the two months something that the summer add-ons do, and that is why i decided to go to orlando- but for while studying and everything it's really cool!