Doug from the UK pavillion

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Sparky, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

Just wondering if anyone remember's Doug from the UK pavillion, Tall glasses thick hair. I was there in 2001 and was just wondering if he is still there. He wasn't from the UK he was American.

Cheers

Sparky

2. Rudy

Rudy New Member

doug was cool i loved all the perms.

janet, stevie mac, johnny g and rosina they were all great.

i left in 2002, i hope they are all still there!

;D

3. Gareth

Gareth New Member

i remember Doug and all those other guys. i was there in 2000 so if they were all there still in 2002 im sure that they are all still there now. would be great to get out there again and see. iff i do go i will let you know

Gareth

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

OK 2004 update:

Doug is still there and still as mad as ever. He's now an assigner/opener on podium and has to wear the American Adventure uniform as he is a US citizen.

Janet is still on podium and as lovely as ever. She was so nice on our last week, even coming in on her day off to say goodbye to us.

John G and Steve Mac left early this year. Steve Mac is running some sort of computer company I believe while not sure on John G. They did pop in a few weeks before they left and were both doing fine.

Rosina is battling on as usual. Her neice is over there working at the moment in the bar (Sara), and you know Rosina she will never change.

Anyway there you go. This is accurate as of Sept this year when I left.

5. Rudy

Rudy New Member

cool thanks!

shame johnny g and stevie mac left, they were hilarious.
    what about managers? is jeff still there? (had a voice like ernie), and is stacy still consuming all the fruit & cheese plates?

;D

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

OK well here goes:

Stacy left in Feb/March time I believe. She's not working in disney any more, I think that was what she said when she came to visit. She was still taking fruit and cheese plates along with random other foods.

Jeff left a little later than her. He is now working at Cape May Cafe as manager there. He's having a great time and was glad to be away from the new area manager called Deborah.

Don't know if you knew her but Jodi left a little later in the year and is now working at ESPN

I think that is probably the only news on them all

7. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

I knew all the managers had left. Was very strange going back in September and all the managers being different along with most of the perms having left as well. I went over to Cape May's and had a good chat with Jeff which was good.

Rudy, I must have been there the same time as you but can't think who lived in your apartment. I can't recognise you from your photo :-[. You coming to the reunion in April?

Chat soon

Rich x

8. Rudy

Rudy New Member

i was friends with jen. you arrived about a month before i left.

would love to go to the reunion but have just found that disney cruiseline want me to start jan/feb time.

fancy having it in orlando? ha ha

;D melissa ;D

9. Sparky

Sparky Member

Cool, Nice to know Doug is still there. I am going there for my honeymoon on June 12th, so it will be cool to show my wife around and introduce her to the people that I know, who are still working there.

10. Gareth

Gareth New Member

congratulations sparky,

Gareth

11. Doc

Doc New Member

Good on ya!

Congratulations!

I just hope Doug ain't allocating when you go - otherwise you'll be in for a long wait! Hahaha!

Bloody nightmare!

12. Rudy

Rudy New Member

does he still eat sweets every minute of the day?

;D

13. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yes he does and calls everyone darling (or was that just me?)

14. Doc

Doc New Member

Well Sarah - 'Darling' was probably just you - he never called me that! He called me 'boss' all the time - probably because we were all cussing hi for triple seating us or something - and he's trying to get back in our good books! He never did undertand allocating - Janet's famous 'bunching' technique was wasted on him! Haha! ::)

15. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

16. Minnie-Jay 5

Minnie-Jay 5 New Member

Hey people!!! Sarah, I think he called a lot of us darling - I remember hearing him say it a lot!! - guess what, i have an A4 size pic of Doug and me stood by the podium on one of my last days in service - bedfore my return to chippy land! A random woman came round taking photos of us all!do u remember that?

ooh, and hello to you Rich - I can't picture you but I know I know you!

Jayne xxx :D

17. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Oh my god yes I do remember that random day. Seems so so long ago now though

18. Minnie-Jay 5

Minnie-Jay 5 New Member

i haven't seen u in ages, u ok then? what are you up to now?

19. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Not much. Working at ONS in Newport (thrilling work). We'll have to get together in Cardiff at some point.

20. Sparky

Sparky Member

Bumping this as the original poster, I would like to know if Doug is still there?