Drinking! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Ok so my mind wanders a lot and I started thinking about drinking (suprise) and wondered if people from different parts of the world have different drinks, etc. For example at the moment I'm quite into Goldschlager and Jagerbombs. Goldschlager is a shot that has little gold flakes in it that graze your throat so the rest of your drinks consumed after that get to your bloodstream quicker. Nice I know. Jagerbombs are a shot of Jagermeister placed (while in the shot glass) in a glass half full with Red Bull or something similar. They are quite nice! Anywho I didn't know if some places didn't have these drinks or whatever and would like to hear new ones I haven't seen!

What are your favourite drinks?

2. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

i love a good cosmo or paris martini - those are my faves - but I like any martini thats strong but is not straight vodka lol! - those are a little too strong! haha

I'm also a beer girl! I love the stuff! And red wine! mmm!

I've had goldschlager and done a jagerbomb before but they're not my fave! I can't handle shots very well. I kinda have a weak stomach when it comes to that kinda stuff! lol!

3. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

That shot sounds kind of dangerous!

I like vodka with cranberry or lemonade and lime.

As for shots, I can only do proper spirit shots. Aftershocks/corky's etc are so high in sugar that they make my heart ache! Literally! But I can have tequilla and proper spirits in shots fine!

4. Mau

Mau New Member

From Mexico: Tequila Shots. Awesome!!!!

5. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Yeah Tequila is nice I can even handle it without salt and lemon, don't mind the taste. I bet its amazing in Mexico. Roadtrip! I hate Sambuca but always seem to end up with one in front of me lol, black sambuca is nicer

6. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

I've had Jager once and never will again in my life lol For a long while I couldn't even watch if I was at the bar and the 'tender was pouring for someone else. It turns my stomach big time. I seriously partied like a rockstar and payed the price alllll day long the next day. Couldn't even stomach the classic post-night out McDonalds.

I absolutely adore vodka lime shots, either the vodka mixed with lime cordial or the traditional straight vodka and lime wedge. The problem is I tend to over do them... but I still love them. I'm a big fan of vodka.
    Other than that I love things like Amarula, Kahlua (white russians... to die for), Baileys... Anything reminiscent of coffee or chocolate lol Fruity stuff is good too, especially if it has Soho Lychee in it. yum!

haha when I went to London the first time I brought home a bottle each of Aftershock Blue and Red just because the bottles were pretty. The red one wasn't so bad but I wasn't huge on the blue one.

Hmm I wanna make a cocktail now lol

7. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Oh that reminds me of a new years party a few years back some people ran out of drinks so someone went to the shop to get some..I handed my money over and stupidly said 'get me whatever' and the guy comes back with a bottle of red aftershock! I was like 'wtf how am I supposed to drink that' I was pretty smashed anyway so just poured it into a pint glass and went on my merry way lol.

On the subject of Baileys etc anyone had a baby guiness shot?yum!

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah had one in pub golf the other week, was well nice!
    i like beer/lager but will drink most things!

9. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

mmmmmmmm cosmo's are AMAZING! but I also love pretty much any martini. ANNNND the typical chick drinks ie: Belini's :D :D

jagerbombs are quite swell for a fun night,

anything mixed with MALIBU rum :D I am such a girl when it comes to drinking. I can not drink beer for my life

10. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Jaga Bombs.

Nothing beats em when it comes to a night out! ;D

Also malibu and red bull, (done in the same way as a jaga bomb) not sure if this already has a name but we called them malibu bombs :D

Although any alcohol is nice, but just can;t handle it straight anymore!

11. sarah*86

sarah*86 New Member

I love Sailor Jerry rum - i had too much last night.
    I hate shots mainly because of too many bad experiences and the only thing that doesn't seem to give me a hangover is champagne but i can't afford it every time i go out!

12. Mau

Mau New Member

Talking about drinks and alcohol. I'm not an expert in this area and we all know that there are a lot of parties at the Commons, Patterson and Vista. Suppose we have a really good party and the next day we have a really serious hangover or even still some effects of the alcohol and we have to go to work in 3 hours or less. What do you recommend to make this effects less powerful because this can be one of the reasons of gettin terminated. Some people recommend Gatorades and Spicy things but sometimes this things dont work. Any expert on this subject? have you ever been in a situation like this?

13. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

true that's a bit of a concern! i suppose the best way is to avoid drinking too much alcohol when you have work the next morning, but i guess sometimes you can't help it ;) so yes, tips could be useful!

14. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Not to be a party poop, but I wouldn't go out if I had work early the next day.. I need my sleep unfortunately... I can't even contemplate working on 3 hours of sleep! I need 7 at least and that's pushing it... I'm jealous of people who can go out and manage to work the next day, if I could I would lol!

15. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I havnt worked at disney before, but have woken up in the morning still drunk (after only 2 hours sleep) and had to go to work just 3 hours later.

Just keep drinking water, and make sure you eat something.

I'm not sure if energy drinks would work, cause I havn't tried it.

At disney I'm just gonna make sure I dont get too drunk if I have to work the following day.

P.s: I still had a mad hangover at work, but hey, I wasn't drunk anymore :D

16. Karritada

Karritada New Member

im the same if i wanna be even semi functioning the next day i need at least 7 hours sleep (trust me noone wants to soo me with any less, im a tad grumpy....) as for drinks i liiike:

i like vodka with a mixer (normally lemon and lime), most cocktails (a long as they arent milky), i really like fruity drinks :)

17. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Hmmm... ways to prevent a hangover... besides the obvious not drinking (or not too much) lol

- Don't drink on an empty stomach

- Supposedly it makes a difference if it's a light-coloured/clear drink although I have to say many of my worst hangovers involved vodka lol But apparently it's better than sticking to like red wine, brandy, whiskey, etc I can def see for the wine. Red wine gets to me a lot faster than white.

- Atlernate between drinks and water. And always have a big glass of water before bed and maybe a little snack.

- (this is the hardest one) try to limit yourself to one drink an hour. The time between will help your body process the alcohol.

The most important thing is the water, because when you're drinking it's actually dehydrating you. Vitamins may help as well but if you go to Walgreens or any other pharmacy you can actually buy hangover-preventing/curing pills. I reckon they aren't super cheap though.

Personally I don't think I'll be overindulging on a work night too often either. I've been through that in my younger days but at that time I had my own office so I could just shut the door, turn on my music and do my work in peace haha

Those of you who are in like their mid-twenties and such, do you find you can't drink like you used to? I found since after hitting like 22 or so, I feel much worse the morning after if I had too much than I did when I was like 18. I'm getting too old for this Mickey!

18. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I'm 20 I'm still fine lol, I used to get in at 4 and be up at 6 for work for a 7 start, it was awful! Just sat at my computer with a couple Oasis drinks and almost always went home early haha

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i find i get really tired on nights out, though that depends on how hungry i am, how much i've had to drink (or how little i've had sometimes). although that's only in aberystwyth. it's probably knowing my home is just a couple of minutes walk away that makes that decision for me!

20. Karritada

Karritada New Member

i totally agree me and one of my friends over here have decided that 21 was the not so magic age, up until then we could go out partying all night and work the next day without a horrendous hangover, now 4 drinks and i feel horrible all day :(