Dutch people going to Disney?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by LauraDilling, May 19, 2010.

1. LauraDilling

LauraDilling New Member

Hi there!

Since my great Disney Castmember adventure is only one month and one day away, I thought it was about time to register at this forum. It's so great to share all the excitement! But I was wondering if there are more Dutch people who will also start the program at June 20th? I looked back in the topics but I didn't see a topic with the same question - correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Good luck with everything to you all!

xx Laura

2. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

I'm not Dutch, I'm English.. BUT after the programme I have 3 days in England and then I'm moving to Amsterdam! So I was hoping I might meet a few Dutch people in Orlando so I have some contacts over there!
    Where abouts in Holland are you from? And when are you flying out to Florida?
    xxx

3. LauraDilling

LauraDilling New Member

That's really nice! Amsterdam is beautiful and I know it, because I live there. :D I'm leaving for Florida June 20. When you will be visiting Amsterdam and you need a guide, I'm available from September 4! I think it would be fun! :)

4. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yay! This makes me so happy!
    I'm going to Florida on June 1st and Amsterdam on August 24th! It would be really good to have a tour guide :D Which university are you at? I'll be studying at VU!
    Add me on Facebook: Harriet Kendall (in the Kent Uni network!)
    xxx

5. LauraDilling

LauraDilling New Member

I'm such a nerd, I still don't have a Facebook page :-X I'm gonna make one one of these days!

How long and what will you be studying at the VU? Do you already have a place to live? I'm in the other university, UvA, studying Law. I like UvA more than VU for many reasons, but it depends on which study you want to apply for what's the best choice. If you're struggling finding a house, I would love to help you searching, just let me know! :) I'm always excited when I can tell anyone about Amsterdam, this is fun already - because I'm also gonna be your tour guide, of course. :D

6. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

:)
    I didn't have a choice about which university to go to because VU is paired with the university I'm at in England. I'm studying Social Anthropology, and I think the university is quite good for my course. I've applied for the university campus accommodation, because it's cheaper and just easier to sort out! But if I don't get a room I may definitely need your help!
    We definitely need to make sure we meet up in Florida! And you can tell me ALL about Amsterdam and the best places to go etc! I have been to Amsterdam twice before, but with my parents so I'm guessing the experience will be slightly different living as a student there!
    Only 6 days until I leave so I'll let you know what it's like when I get out there :D
    xxx

7. LauraDilling

LauraDilling New Member

Have a good trip tomorrow! :) We'll meet in Disney (and then you'll get a longer response than this of course!)
    I'm looking forward reading your first impressions of Disney and everything that comes with it!

8. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Yup, I am off very early tomorrow morning! I'll make sure I have time to let you know what its like and we will have to arrange a time to meet :D
    See you in Florida! How scary/exciting!
    xxx