F2F interview for the 2nd Oct.

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney.freak, Sep 10, 2010.

1. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Hey! Everyone thatsd has a interview on the 2nd oct, post your excitment here! :)
    (Including me :p)

2. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

EXCITEMENT!!

Can't believe how much I'm shaking, I love yummy jobs. My favourite people on the planet lol. I can't believe I got this far!

We'll have to arrange meet ups and stuff! Anyone got any idea where they're staying? I'm too excited to do anything rational like that at the minute though lol

3. Ricey

Ricey New Member

In on the 2nd too whey!! Fits in great with work x

4. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Woop! When I get home I'll check travel and nearby hotels! :)

5. Rin

Rin New Member

So who's been bursting into sudden bouts of excited dancing? lol I have! People think I'm nuts ;D But those are not almost Disney people!

I'm probably staying in the Econo. Cheapest one without a one star rating. And my Mum already booked the plane ticket ^-^. Since I'm coming on the first (my interview's on the second) it would be great to meet all of you for supper or something like that! Does anyone know of any good restaurants near the university?

6. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Me me me!! *hands up & jumps in the air* I'll be there baby!!! :D

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Add me as another who will be there! :)

8. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Moi aussi, will be there :)

Still trying not to get too excited... as I got to the F2F interviews last year and then didn't end up going :( but this will be our year! All of us :) lol

9. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

ok ignore this, i was wrong :p

10. Ben84

Ben84 Guest

I will also be at the interviews on October 2nd!

It's such a great feeling :)

Since I live reasonably close by, I will be travelling into the city the morning of the interviews by train.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Well done! :)

11. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

EEEEEEK!! i am so excited!
    I am also on the 2nd, i cant wait to meet you all :) if anyone wants to grab a coffee or a meal the night before that would be awesome, share some disney excitement!

:)
    xx

12. Vicki_Bluebird

Vicki_Bluebird New Member

MEEEEE!! :D I'll be there! Really was expecting a 'Sorry you have been unsuccessful' email so was well excited when I saw it wasnt!

Its also my birthday that day! lol! Although not sure whether stay in a hotel the night before or get the bus up reaaally early in the morning...hmmm decisions!

x

13. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

I'm in exactly the same boat Vicky don't worry!! It's just weighing up costs of hotel versus train. But at the moment I'm thinking of training it up in the morning.

Once the presentations are over they read out everyones individual interview times, and often there is a bit of a wait for most, but there is a costa right nearby which would also give us a chance to sit and chat over coffee/ breakfast lol x

14. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Oooo I like the sound of costa coffee for a mid break chat :)

15. Mallz

Mallz New Member

Sorry for invading your thread a I'm not going for an interview (off to florida on the 21st :D) but just wanna wish you all luck :) and have fun
    xx

16. shakeyjakeyg

shakeyjakeyg New Member

;D woooo got mine def need 2 get 2 kno some people tho haha dnt wnna b aloner on day !!!!!!!!

17. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

woop we are getting more and more people! :D
    and dont worry, nobody will be a loner! :)

you stopping the night before or you going down on the day?

18. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

hey again everyone,
    OK so iv been looking around and have found the travel lodge London Fullham, at £75.50 per room per night, and it is a 25 min walk to Disney HQ or a 4 min taxi ride.

other than that its the holiday in express, at a 12 minute walking distance but at £102 per room per night.

as you may have figured out, split by 2 in a room the Express works out at £51 each, and is closer to the HQ (by about 13 minutes)

orrrrr the travel lodge would come out at £37.75 each but is a little further away.

difference's in the hotels is that the express can have two beds, where as the travel lodge only has one double bed, but if you dont mind sharing with strangers :p than thats fine lol.

also the express has luggage storage facility's where as the travel lodge does not (so you would have to take you case to the F2F)

all in all there is a difference of £13.25, butt if your on a budget like most are but dont want a toooo cheap bed sit or youth hostel, then here is another option.

let me know what all of you guys think would be the best, i wanna get things booked :D hehe

PS. just noticed that on booking.com for the Express, it says that " All children under 19 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
    There is no capacity for extra beds/cots in the room."

so if you 18 and dont mind sharing a bed for 3, then you could save even more that way i guess! lol

P.P.S - just looked on hoteltravel.com and they have a standard room for the Express that sleeps 2 (im guessing by standard they mean a double bed instead of a twin room) for £75.89

19. Rin

Rin New Member

Thanks Mallz! Have fun in the sun!

20. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Hi guys! Congrats! I'm going to the interview on the 2nd, travelling down the night before (3/4 hour drive, ouccch) and staying at a Travel Lodge a few miles away with the parents, but if anyone else stays there will be happy to meet up for a drink or something! :) Can't wait!