F2F Interview Saturday 4th June

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by catfish278, Apr 28, 2011.

1. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Seen as there was a thread set up for the other date, I thought there should be one for us Saturday people! :) Just so we can get to know each other and work out how we're all getting there etc!

I'm going to be travelling there on the day so I'm hoping to meet you all at Disney HQ! ;D

2. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Hope we all merge together back into one big thread after the interviews :D

3. seabadger

seabadger New Member

I'll be flying to London on the Friday, then tubing/training it from south London on the Sat morning.
    I was wondering, i'm so shite with London, anytime I go i just follow everyone else, would my friend be able to come to the interview, obviously not into my actual interview but like just sit outside or something? As that would make my journey so much easier lol.

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

To be honest, whilst your friend could come with you to the actual location, I don't think he/she'd be let into the offices themselves because you have to be signed in and checked off a list (they're quite fussy on who they let in! :p) and then you have an hour or so of presentation. Then you're given an interview time... in the past (not promising anything!) they've given earlier interviews to those who have come from further away so you might end up with one in the early afternoon. If it's not long to wait then you can stay in the offices area (they have a waiting area with sofas and stuff) but if it's later in the day then often people leave, go out to find food etc, and then go back.

The problem is that you don't know how long you'd be until you get into the presentation but of course, you could just call your friend and meet back up with them afterwards :)

5. seabadger

seabadger New Member

Awk that's awesome, thanks very much for the info :). I'll just get a map haha.

How many time's have done this before, or was the ICP you did? This is my first ever, I know a girl whos doing CRP now, so jealous lol.

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I've done two ICPs before but never done or applied for the CRP :)

7. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

YAY! I have also been invited to the interview on this day :D
    Stopping at a mates the night before!
    :)

8. gem20tinks

gem20tinks New Member

YAY SATURDAY PEOPLE!! : ;D :)

I live just next too london, So i may travel down on the day. But me and emma who also looking for a group to maybe stay somewhere the night before to pre-talk etc !! :)

How many people actually got through to final stage?

Also does anyone know how long after the interview we find out ??? x

9. disneylover

disneylover New Member

yea im sure we will ,discussing the face to face interviews. then an acceptance thread :eek: and probably a waitlist one

10. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

Yeah I know a friend that got waitlisted, then in like end of october they said, hey you wanna go in December! So it ain't all bad, it's just the not knowing!

My friend lives in Battersea, so I'm probably going to leave the flat at 7am just to make sure I am there on time ha ha ha. Then I'll be on a late train back to Manchester, having a look prices are more expensive than I thought they would be!

My email is laura.hibbert@hotmail.co.uk if anyone wants to talk, going back to Manchester or whatever.
    Also, I am from Doncaster, Yorkshire, but go to uni in Salford near Manchester, just to disperse any confusion!
    ;D

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

It's hard to say! I would hope 2-3 weeks??

12. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

i got through too!!
    can't believe it! i think i will be looking to stay over night on the friday so there's no chance of me not getting there on time on saturday...if anyone is thinking of doing the same let me know!
    also, if any one wants to add me on facebook then feel free :)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510850421

WELL DONE EVERYONE! :D

13. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

If you're anything like me, it's definitely best to go the day before, so at least you're actually IN London on the day. I would be like panic central ha ha! Well done, and see you there!
    8)

14. andrew1990

andrew1990 New Member

Oh my god, biggest fright of my life!

Came on here just now, saw the threads for the f2fs, my heart broke. I hadn't got an email.

Went back to check, checked my bloody SPAM and there it was in all its glory!

This has made my bloody day!

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's meet up the night before for dinner or something!?

15. emmaecstatic

emmaecstatic New Member

I'm staying over the Friday night :).
    I booked a room at Premier Inn for £84 which i didn't think was awful. At least i know it's clean there which i like in a hotel haha.

I hate how the train ticket prices change like everyday argh.
    I'm so exicted :D

16. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

ooo I might check out premier inn actually... yea we should defo all meet up the night before! i might die of nerves if i don't do anything to take my mind off it haha plus it will be good to meet everyone :D

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Awww! Glad you're in too though!! Recovered from your heart attack yet?

18. disneydreamer88

disneydreamer88 New Member

I had the EXACT same thing!! It had been sat in my spam for 2 days, 2 DAYS!!!!!!! eugh! hehe. anyway, at least we are through hey!!! :D eeeeeeeeeeeeek! When is your interview day?

19. andrew1990

andrew1990 New Member

Just about. I'm just so excited now. It takes place three days after my last exam so actually, I'm not going to think about it for the next three weeks now. I can't afford to. It's not worth letting my exams suffer, but once they're over it's mega-planning time!

I'm staying at my boyfriend's place in London so I'll probably travel down a couple days before.

I made a Facebook event for the meal, feel free to add me anyone. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=182334025151306

I've put one suggestion on there but feel free to suggest your favourite restaurant/place!

20. sophieplmgto

sophieplmgto New Member

hey do you know where you're going to be staying?? i don't really know anything about london so don't know where would be best?!
    also andrew i can't get that link to work :-\ might just be my computer though...