face to face interview

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by deputydawg, Nov 9, 2013.

1. deputydawg

deputydawg New Member

Hi

I was lucky enough to get through the pre screen and I had an interview this week. I am really freaking out I don't feel the interview went well I was so nervous and I think that came across in the interview.

Does anyone know if they allow for nerves and also is everything now based on the interview or do they take into consideration everything on your application, CV, covering letter etc

The long wait now is gonna drive me mad, I want this soooo much

2. deputydawg

deputydawg New Member

aaargh its doing my head in :'(

3. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

I would say that they are very aware that people will be nervous and allow for this, so I wouldn't get too stressed.

Personally, I don't think your CV really matters at that point as everyone who is at F2F has had a good enough CV to get them there. I reckon (I could be wrong) that they base their choices on personality, ability to hold a conversation and passion for your culture and Disney as a company at this point.

Try not to worry too much. It'll be December soon :)

4. deputydawg

deputydawg New Member

Thank you for your reply I do hope they allow for some nerves, I really hope they do take my cv and application papers into account as well as the interview because I have really good relevant experience.
    The actual interview only felt like it lasted about 5 minutes, anyway as you say soon be December theres nothing more I can do now but wait

Have you been offered a job or are you waiting to hear back as well

5. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

I start on the 11th Feb :) I was in the last recruitment group. Honestly, don't worry. Everyone is nervous going in there and they know that :) Good luck!

6. OliviaSmith

OliviaSmith New Member

hey deputydawg, I had my interview on Saturday and feel exactly the same way, so don't worry! Who interviewed you? I'm just trying not to think about it/worry too much, from what I've read the interviewers at this stage are notoriously hard to read.

7. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

They really are Olivia, not one of us came out of our interview having a clue how we'd done. Literally no idea how they pick, they give nothing away.

8. deputydawg

deputydawg New Member

:mad:Still nothing

9. Roisin2508

Roisin2508 New Member

Just to reiterate what you have all already said- the interviewers are notoriously hard to read which is what makes them so good at what they do! We had Sue and she had the best poker face I've ever encountered haha :)

The waiting is the worst thing (trust me I was on the waitlist for 8 months) BUT it makes it so much better when you find out! In a strange messed up way I actually like the fact I was on the waitlist because I appreciate it so much more now I have a date plus it actually taught me (self confessed most impatient person) that good things come to those who wait.

Good luck! Will be wishing on stars for you all ºoº

10. MissMouse

MissMouse New Member

I had my face to face about a month ago now, how long do you think it'll be until we hear anything? I know of one other person who has got his email but I still haven't. His placement starts in August, so because I haven't heard yet it's because I'll be going later than august? (if I get the internship that is). I just keep feeling like it could be any way now, and the summer applicants already got their emails a week ago and their interviews were after ours! (our as in the Uk). Hope anyone can help, I'm tempted to email Louise asking how long it'll be lol.

11. Roisin2508

Roisin2508 New Member

Just to give you a bit of an idea of time frames; our F2F interviews were on 14th &15th March, we found out if we got a no/yes/opp list on the 5th April and as I was placed on the opportunity list I got my date 28th November for April next year so over a year after my F2F interview! This process is not easy in the slightest and it has definitely made me a lot more patient but I also know how frustrating it can be :( hang in there! You’ll find out soon and if you get a yes it’s well worth the wait honestly :) Best feeling ever! Especially after waiting so long :D

I think the guys before us found out in December too and their results took longer than they were originally quoted so maybe it’s because of the busy time of year or something, probably nothing to do with your start date :) apparently the people who have yes’s already are only in merch so all the F&B places have yet to be given out. Hope this helps/makes you feel a bit better!

12. Katylou89

Katylou89 New Member

Im going to echo everything that Jenna and Roisin have said on here. But also dont worry about it. You will naturally come up with every theory under the sun for when you might hear etc. If i told you some of the theories that we all came up with in the opportunity list group on facebook whilst we were waiting you'd probably laugh! But dont count on dates being offered in date order, me and my friend Sarah both applied together and both got put on the opportunity list. Now one day at work Sarah got a phonecall from her mum telling her to ring Yummy jobs. She was given a date 5.5 weeks away! Ive got mine in April. So get saving now, just in case. Its always good to have savings and if yummy offered you a date tomoro the savings would be a massive help and if theysay 'hey its not this time for you' then you've got a little stash of money to either treat yourself or carry on saving up if you decide to go again :) x