Fallen in Love

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Picachoo, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Picachoo

Picachoo New Member

This is a really random question - has anyone ever fallen in love out there and ended up staying???

Think I'm just a sucker for nice stories!!! :)

Nat x

2. flavour

flavour New Member

well, i haven't :'(, but i know some poeple who have...my mexican roomie for example...she fell in love with a norwegian guy, moved there and last year they got married...now they live in miami!
    so it can happen, but once your back home and live far away from each other it's gonna get real difficult...

3. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

I knew of a few UK merch girls who married Americans and ended up staying out there :)
    Maybe there something about the candy striped skirt that gets the guys goin!!  ;)

4. BigRed

BigRed New Member

Yes I have and still am. Mark was in UK merch and I was in CAN merch. We started going out in april 2002, both left in July 2002 went back to our countries and then in April 2003 I packed my bags and headed to Belfast. I have been here for 2 1/2 years and still cannot believe that we are still together after the working for the RAT ::)

5. Punky B

Punky B New Member

I knew a german who married an american in Vegas!!!. A guy from the Uk who moved to Canada to be with his special lady (yup shannon that is you!!!) One canadaian from the east coast and a canadian from the west coast they are still together. A canadian and a guy from France, she even went to France!!!( Day Day that would be you). Another Uk with a canadian (Jessica rabbit!!!). And hmmm oh yes one 2 canadians who met americans and stayed!!(Shauna and Brad and their americans!) And I am sure I am missing people!!!

So yes I know tons of people who fell in love and it changed their lives!!!

Brandy

6. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Kim from Canada, who was there when I was there, married Randy from Off Kilter...and last I heard, she lives there with a family, and happily ever after!

And of course, there's Andy from Canada (who started this whole website way back in the day!)...he fell in love with Kelly from the UK, and they married (I THINK they are living in Canada now).

And Trent and Marianne from Canada (back from my time too) married...at least I heard they did!

7. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Yep, my UK boyfriend is living here in Canada with me...well, not technically WITH me, but still. He's on a one-year VISA but hoping to stay. I returned home in August, 6 weeks before his contract was up and when it was he came up here for 6 weeks, then I went with him to Scotland for most of November before we were finally split up. Lots of phone calls and I went back for three weeks in Feb/March for his birthday. Then he finally came here last May. He has a wicked job so fingers crossed...

There are loads of couples from my time there still together. A few UK/Canada mixes and I'm excited for my Canada/USA wedding a year from now...will be a fun party.

It's tough to survive once the crap of the real world outside the bubble is thrown-in, but completely possible. A lot easier if at least one of you is done school and prepared to relocate...even easier if you are both done like we are.

Shan

8. Littlefoot

Littlefoot New Member

And Shannon's happy story is even better since she didn't even listen to my old, wise advice before she left. Instead, she turned around and did absolutely everything I told her to avoid!! It's a good thing she didn't listen to me...
    ali

9. emma

emma New Member

a uk mech girly gt married here last week i believe to a floridian guy with nothing to do with the programme, lukcy lass x

10. awwww this thread is SOOOOo cute *t-tear*
    I hope this happens to be while I'm there
    Maybe a scottish lad, I want to move to scotland one day :)

11. loops_li

loops_li New Member

Im out here right now and I am going to marry a canadian and move to canada to be a mounties wife.
    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D :D ;) ;) ;) :D

12. PrincessNat

PrincessNat New Member

Me too Princess Tessa! ;D
    I have a thing for Italien, American and Canadian men!.
    I also have thing for any guy with a sexy foreign accent. I would be in heaven! I hope I get to Disney one day! ;)

13. loops_li where are you from? Are you really marrying a Canadian mountie? Or is it just what you hope happens tee hee hopw you're enjoying your program :)

Princess Nat I KNOW! Foreign accents do it for me too *sigh* good luck with your phone interview, hope it happens soon!

14. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Never quite fell in love during the International Program but it could be easily done............so many sexy accents to choose from!!! The Italian guys did it for me!!!

Did manage it while working on the cruise ship though! A lovely guy from South America with a sexy Spanish accent!!! ;)

Laura. :D

15. PrincessNat

PrincessNat New Member

@ Laura - you lucky girl, all those Italien guys! ;)

@ Tessa - Thank you. Good luck with your interview too. Hopefully we'll both be out there soon listening to those sexy accents! ;) ;D

xxx

16. Dannii

Dannii New Member

hi there,

I met my bf during the year in Orlando and guess what, yeah he is italian. If I can tell you one thing,

IT AINT EASY TO BE THE GIRLFRIEND OF AN ITALIANO. But it is definatly worth it. ;D

My advice: go with a good friend to the italian pavillion, sit in front of the restaurant and watch the servers ;) :D 8) there is soooo much too see and u can giggle a lot...

dani

17. PrincessNat

PrincessNat New Member

Thanks Dannii - well done you! Are you still together? Do you live together?
    Will be spending some time at the Italien paviliion I think!.Tessa do you wanna be my good friend? ;D ;)

18. haha princess nat! YES!
    yay new best friends lol

19. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

Miss.Dougal!  hehehe - you, Krafty and me and our Italian boys - so much fun, but sooooooooooooo much trouble lol!!!! (but worth every second  ;))

Dani! - I went out with an Italian guy i met down there for a year - I know EXACTLY what you mean!! lol!!! :D

I must admit though.... there were lots a beautiful Norwegian boys when I was down there too... ::)

20. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Ah, Miss Gribben those Italians boys always were trouble!!! Miss Dunne knows about that! I had trouble finding one who could stick to one girl! Ha ha!!! But they were worth it!!!

There were some nice Norwegians down there when we were there but it was a country I never "experienced"!!!! :p

(On the side are you going to Louth? I just booked my flight to East Midlands today! It's my first time at Louth getting excited now!!!) :D

Laura. xx