fave xmas movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baby_natz16, Oct 18, 2004.

1. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

Is it just me....or does it feel xmas already?  All the stores are stacking up on xmas goodies.  What is your fave xmas movie?

I like the original disney xmas carrol and jingle all the way !

:eek: ho ho ho

2. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Nightmare Before Christmas! Hands down!

I cant get enough of that "Whats This?" song that jack Skelington sings when he stumbles apon xmas town!

its kinda sad...I was all wasted and singing to that like...2 days ago. Hmm. 8)

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

What a cool topic!! :D

My faves are Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street and Muppet Christmas Carol!!

I really want to see It's a Wonderful Life too...apparently that's christmas-y too! :D

I'm not feeling to christmas-y tho, yet.....I don't really until I'm home from uni....so in another 7 weeks I might! :D

God bless us, everyone!

Ellen xxx

4. flavour

flavour New Member

it hasn't come out yet, but i know i'll love it caus it's got ben affleck in it: surviving christmas! ;D
    and i really like santa clause!

later! flavour xoxo

5. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

I love Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm a big Tim Burton fan! But to be a bit more festive, i'd have to say Miracle on 34th street (the remake, haven't seen the original) or Ernest Saves Christmas, he he ;D.
    There was also this lovely film I saw a while ago called Prancer, about this little girl who finds a reindeer and believes it's one of Santa's. It was great :D

6. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Isn't that an animated film voiced by Drew Barrymore? I've seen a bit of that...it looks really cute! :D

ooh, I nearly forgot...the ALL TIME CLASSIC XMAS MOVIE - Santa Claus: The movie!! always on tv on xmas eve, without fail (or near enough!!) love it!! :D

Ellen xxx

7. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Nighmare is like animated or claymation of CGI or something yeah...dont know if Drew Barrymore is a voice over in it tho..

Ohhhhhhhhh another wicked ass xmas movie..one of my favs is Scrooged with Bill Murray. Its great!

8. Lonja

Lonja New Member

its not really a x-mas movie, but it plays at christmas time..."love actually"

love that movie, specially hugh grant!!!! sexy british accent!!!

lonja

9. Winnipeg gal

Winnipeg gal New Member

Christmas Vacation - nothing like the Griswolds!!

10. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

You remind me of a Griswold Christa :p

11. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Id have to go for two films already mentioned - i love Home Alone, back when Macaulay Culkin was cute!!!

And, like Lonja, Id have to say Love Actually - its such a beautiful film and stars two of my favourite men - Hugh Grant and the absolutely delectable Andrew Lincoln!!!!

Michelle xx

12. Ze Perfect Strange

Ze Perfect Strange New Member

LOVE ACTUALLY of course, and i feel like Bridget jones 2 is gonna be a good one..coming out soon, i ve already read the book and sound very good to me   ;D
    ZPS :p

13. flavour

flavour New Member

oh, guillaume! so you are romantic deep down! how cute!! ;)

later! flavour xoxo

14. Lonja

Lonja New Member

yeah, cant wait till little bridget comes out again!!! i have good memeories from the firts movie ;)

lonja

15. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Miracle on 34th street definitely! And I love The Snowman ;D. I'd guess its not really a film, but I love it!
    Charlie x

16. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

Well I love "A mom for Xmas" with Olivia Newton John.
    Of course "Home Alone 1 & 2"

See ya
    Robb ;D

17. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

If anyone sees this message in time then A Nightmare Before Christmas is on TV at about 1.25AM TONIGHT!

My fave christmas movies are the muppet christmas carol, the home alone filmd and most of the films which have a santa in ;D

8)

18. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Oh no, I missed it, but I have it on DVD anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter. When I was a kid, I always wanted to watch things when they came on TV, even if I owned them. For some reason it always felt better, weird huh ???.
    I love the Home Alone movies too, well, 1 and 2 anyway. I only watched a bit of the 3rd one and turned it off, and haven't even thought about watching the 4th one.
    I thought of another movie, Jingle all the way with Arnold Schwartznegger (that's probably spelt wrong). That was quite funny. Oh, and Gremlins, that was set at christmas time ;D

19. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I completely know what you mean about films being more exciting when they come on tv...even if you own them and/or have seen them a billion times!

Ellen x

20. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Glad Im not the only one who does that!!!

If I like a film then ill probably watch it when it comes on TV, regardless of how many times Ive seen it or even if I own it!!! Its gotta be done!!!

Ive never seen home alone 3 or 4 either but the first two were co cute!!! Did 3 or 4 even have Macaulay Culkin in them!?!

Michelle xx