Flight attendant****

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuckyCharm, Nov 18, 2004.

?

Would you like to become one? What do you think about it in general?

1. No, never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MAYBE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I would love this job

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

Hey girls and boys,
    who of you have already applied for this position. Do you think it is a future oriented job? What do you think about the earnigns and the prestige?

Thanks a lot

2. !Dave!

!Dave! New Member

Its a fucking hard job your sick allot and always sick. You dont earn sooo much money like everybody says.
    What is fun about giving food and drinks to passengers. You dont even get a tip.

Dave

3. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

Interesting post. I'm too nervous a flyer to even think about this job, but my brother is desperate to do it! He's only 15 and desperatly wants to be an air steward once he finishes his education. Not surprisingly, he's gay!

4. Ze Perfect Strange

Ze Perfect Strange New Member

I d love to do it..though i mn ot gay...should i be worried then??
    no but seriously the fact that when you wake up in the morning you re like, ok today i m going to london then to barcelona then to berlin and then i m back...or even  better once you re doing the long distance one...and then when you get vacation you only pay 10% of the ticket...come on for someone that like to travel like i do ....and that dont want to sit behind an office all day like i do..it s the perfect job!
    actually it s ZE PERFECT JOB FOR ZE PERFECT STRANGER :D ;D
    ZPS :p

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I'd like to work at an airport but I wouldn't like being a flight attendant!
    Serving people in an airplane with no way to get away from them, constantly being on the go and not earning much money. I see all the flight attendants and pilots who are staying at our hotel and they don't get to do anything when they are in town, besides having a beer at the bar and going to bed early.

Laterz
    Julia

6. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL Is flight attendant a typical job desire for gay guys? I never noticed.

7. Rudy

Rudy New Member

no way never,

i hate flying, i only put myself through it because i like seeing new places!

;D

i had noticed most male flight attendents are gay or at least very, very camp. not all though.

8. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Nope. I'm too nervous a flyer too! It would be great but I just couldn't do it! :-[
    Charlotte x

9. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

I think i would like being a flight attendant for the day...but not for years on end. I would like to work in the airport though - customer services! Having people shout at you all day! I can handle that! 8)

Sarah :D

10. flavour

flavour New Member

a friend of mine is thinking about applying for a part-time position and she kinda talked me into trying as well...i might be a little too small though! :'( i'd really love the travelling and the massive discount on tickets! sounds really tempting!

@guillaume: let's apply together with ute! the 3 of us together! haha!!

later! flavour xoxo

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

No fair!!! We wanted to go work Guest Relations or move to Florida in general if you gonna quit studying LOL Is Ute the person trying to talk you into it? Isn't she kinda small, too? LOL

Laterz
    the roomie

12. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

Hey!!!

Many answers so far...and soo many different opinions. I think long distance flights are much better than those through Europe. Well I got offered a position at Hapag Lloyd, but it´s just a contract for one season ( I dont know whether it could be extented, but I have heard form many people that they had to go after a while, and mine would be from February to end of october)

However since I can go to Florida next year, I have already decided what I want to do. I think after one year USA this chance may come again, if you still want to become one.

Now, since I got this offer I´m more and more convinced that it is a hard job, with not so much travelling as it seems. I mean most of the time you have only 50 minutes stop over...

I think those people who have already been at Disney will tell me to go to disney, i hope so...

Have fun
    Nicole

13. Ze Perfect Strange

Ze Perfect Strange New Member

lol yeah if ute is the one tealking to you ute...she s def small..even smaller than you....lol
    but yeah i ll do it with you girls...and then we can get drunk and make out in the toilets and be part of the 10 000miles club
    oh that s sounds so cool...
    ok ok ok ok sorry if i offended anyone with those saying!
    Naughty french people!!!

hey flav and jules, do you knwo that to stay at mine you have to make a reservation the latest a wek before arrival....
    so better make up your mind quick...
    and i will not let you sleep i ll be worst with you thatn you were with me ;D
    ok gotta go back to work
    ZPS :p

14. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL@Guillaume!! Bad bad naughty french guy!!! I think you need someone to whip your ass ;D
    Hey we will know for sure about Paris in about 2 weeks. I have to talk to my manager, but now I'm off. They'll also need to find someone to fill in for me. How come we need to let you know in advance? I thought we would always be welcome :mad:
    Anyways, no worries, I can party through 3 days, I'll be off so what the f**k do I care? DRINKING!!!!! You are not gonna survive!!! Just hoping I can convince my boss :-\

Laterz
    Julia

PS: You'll be worst with us than we were with you? Whenever did we treat you bad? ??? ::)

15. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Hi Guys.

I would love to do this job but only to longhaul destinations.

I hadn't even thought about it until I saw an advert in the paper over the summer for Virgin Atlantic and since they mainly fly to North America I thought I would apply.
    Somehow I got an interview but I dindn't get offered the job which I suppose is a good thing as I'm still at Uni! Also I'm not particularly crazy about flying, but the incentive of stop overs in Orlando, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New York would get me on that plane!

16. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

Hey girls

I actually thought that too. Only long distance flights would really make sense for me. YOu earn a lot more money and furthermore you have stop overs, what you dont have at hapag lloyd ... I wish I can sometime become a flight attendant for a big airline but at the moment I decided to focuse myself on disney. Well up to now i didnt refuse and it´s up to me my decision and I´m desperate although I´m more and more convinced of going to florida. It makes me so crazy.... I dont really know what to do anymore. I wish they would never have offered me this position as flight attendatn so it would be easier to make a decision :)

Nicole

17. flavour

flavour New Member

yes, it's ute trying to talk me into it...and no, she's not smaller than me! and i wanna do that part-time, not quit uni for that!
    and guillaume...who said something about sleeping anyway??

flavour xoxo

18. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

there is a tv show which is a drama comedy thing in the UK on sky one called Mile High. If it is anything like the tv show then i wanna work as a flight attendant :eek:

8)

19. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Being a part-time flight attendant ??? Where do you fly to then? And still working HRC at the same time? ;D Remember you gotta stay there so you can get a job overseas with me 8)

Laterz
    Julia

PS: Aaaaaa Mr Beautiful in the shaving commercial!!! ( Watching TV )

20. flavour

flavour New Member

no, just flight attendant and no hard rock... but she's got a friend doing that already so it must be possible...

later!