Flights, help please!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Karritada, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Karritada

Karritada New Member

so im taking far to long to start booking flights but to be honest i dont really have a clue what im looking for, Michele recommended that I get a flexible flight so that if there is a problem it can be changed. my start date is the 28th of july but i was thinking of flying out a day or so before, i vaguely remember there being something mentioned about a link up between yummyjobs and STA travel...was i imagining it? any help anyone can give would be awesome as i am fully confused at the moment!

2. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

3. Karritada

Karritada New Member

ah matt your a star!thats exactly what i was looking for, i knew id seen it somewhere before but couldnt remember where! thank you :)

4. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

Hello Karritada!

.....fear not G is here! lol If you didnt already know I have worked in the airline industry for years and flown to most of the main cities....and I have been asked Do I sleep on the runway? lol....I wish! haha.

With regards to the flight situation to Orlando International (MCO). Yours very right in saying that Yummy Jobs do reccomend STA Travel. Now in my personal experience, they are a very very good agent however they can be expensive and for you to go and book a flexible ticket can work out even more expensive. Most airlines will charge you a one off fee to change the ticket should it not be flexible, this could rage from £0 to £100.

You can use lots and lots of website for you to have a look at. Depending on what airport you will be flying from varies in the airlines who can offer you a good deal.

For example, should you live in the south of england, you have got excellent choices from London Gatwick and Heathrow from them airports you have the following choices.

* American Airlines - Which would operate via Chicago or Boston
    * United Airlines - Which would operate via Chicago, Boston or Washington
    * US Airways - Which would operate via Philadelphia or Charlotte
    * Delta Airlines - Which would operate via Atlanta
    * Continental Airlines - Which operate via New Yorks Newark Airport
    * British Airways - Which offer direct flights from London Gatwick to Orlando
    * Virgin Atlantic - Which offer direct flights to Orlando from London Gatwick

Should you wish to find a even cheaper ticket, there are charter airlines like Thomson Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines, however these type of airlines would not be as flexable as the Scheduled airlines.

Should you fly from Manchester the options from there are as follows :

* Virgin Atlantic - Direct to Orlando
    * British Airways - Via London Gatwick
    * American Airlines - Which would operate via Chicago or Boston
    * US Airways - Which would operate via Philadelphia or Charlotte
    * Delta Airlines - Which would operate via Atlanta
    * Continental Airlines - Which operate via New Yorks Newark Airport

Should you require anymore information, send me a message, would be great to hear from you.

Graeme.

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

graeme is pretty much the oracle of airline knowledge. and wine, so i hear ;)
    just a heads up, virgin's price was more expensive than STA, but then i haven't been told how i can book my seat/meal. just gotta weigh up a few things i guess

6. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Graeme i need to sort my flights
    can you help?
    i need a flight from
    Manchester-Orlando on Mon 8 June
    or Gatwick-Orlando.
    Any chance in looking
    for one i can give a return date then pay about £50 to change
    it for my return in June 2010.

7. I thought if you were on the crp disney payed for your return flight by refunding the flight there? Wouldn't that then mean that you only need to book a single flight and then book a return whilst in Florida?

8. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Hello Graeme, wine oracle let's be friends. Hehe

Matt, just pester STA for your virgin booking ref and then you can go through the VA site to book seats/request food reqs etc

9. sophie123

sophie123 New Member

i got my flight and greames really cheap through vigin :) X

10. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

I think we got the deal of the century! lol was great hahahaha.

11. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

Hi Daz,

I have found some flights for you :

LONDON GATWICK (LGW) to ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL (MCO)
    US AIRWAYS : £296.00
    ROUTE : GATWICK TO PHILADELPHIA (PHL) TO ORLANDO (CHANGE PLANES AT PHL)
    TRAVEL AGENT : www.majortravel.co.uk

MANCHESTER (MAN) TO ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL (MCO)
    KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES AND DELTA AIRLINES : £313.60
    ROUTE: MANCHESTER TO AMSTERDAM (WITH KLM) AMSTERDAM TO DETROIT TO ORLANDO (WITH DELTA)
    TRAVEL AGENT : Book directly with www.klm.com

I have based the quotations on Departing 8th June 2009 and Returning 22 June 2009, this make the fare cheaper, and you do not need to show up at the airport for the return flights.

Anymore help just ask. G.

12. Dazzlingdaz

Dazzlingdaz New Member

Thanks so much mate
    but id prefer a direct flight
    Michelle Park is on
    the 10.25am from Manchester with Virgin
    i so wanna be on that flight with her
    or even get one that goes from Gatwick or Birmingham
    that arrives in the afternoon so i can meet up with Michelle!

13. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

look out ladies, evidently the catch of the century ;)

(heh only kidding mate)

14. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

£478.30 for that direct Virgin Atlantic flight from MAN, there are no direct flights from Birmingham to Orlando International.

15. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

If you book through Sta, once you have your ticket number you can login on the Virgin site and mess around with seats etc. Sarah and I chose our seats together last night on the VA website :)

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

where to is the ticket number? i tried a few of the numbers on my itinerary/receipt but got nothing :(

17. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Its on the second page on the actual ticket. You have:

Passenger: (NAME), Ticket Type: Electronic, Ticket Number: (10-digit Number), Airline Ref, GDS Ref....

So its the ticket number :)

18. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i don't seem to have that...the two things they e-mailed me are entitled STA_Travel_Receipt and STA_Travel_Itinerary
    was i meant to get something else?

19. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Well they emailed me my travel itinerary with an attachment which was adobe reader whatdyoumacallit... you know the program you read journal articles with? And in that there was the first page which was just a sorta confirmation letter, and a second page which was my e ticket. Check you haven't missed the attachment!

20. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

can't find it, i e-mailed her a while ago when she was on leave, but i shall chase her up!