Following the "Stupid Guests".....

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, Nov 14, 2004.

1. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

What was your BEST guest experience? Something that made your whole time there worth while, something that made you proud, or really happy....something memorable and that you are fond of?

2. flavour

flavour New Member

there was that little girl at kidcot and her parents left her with me to look around the pavillion...so we started on her mask and were talking all the time (she was 3 or 4)...so after about 30. min her parents came back to pick her up so we said bye...about 2-3 min later she came back and gave me a really big hug and a kiss on the cheek! so cute!! that was the only time i actually liked kidcot!!
    oh and then i had a family whose kids were really keen on pin-trading...so they came up to me for trading. i had all the 7 dwarfs and snowhite on my lanyard and they so wanted to have those...anyway and one point i told them i really liked to have hercules pins for myself and they were really sorry they didn't have any...a few days later when i came back to work there was a little bag waiting for me with a crushed penny and a note saying: my kids went all around the park to find you a hercules pin to say thank you, but all we found was a penny-press machine so they got you that... i never got the chance to thank them, i thought that was sooooo sweet!!

later! flavour xoxo

3. Louisa

Louisa New Member

I had a little girl come up to me. She told me she had a friend from norway that used to lived in her town. But her friend moved back to Norway and she missed her very much. They now keep in tough by email. So I told her I could teach her some norwgian to write to her. so I wrote down a note that said "I miss you"
    and the girl was so happy! ;D

4. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

flavour,
    that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet. im crying right now, honestly :'( :'( :'(

jessy xxx. :-*

5. Gareth

Gareth New Member

teaching kids how to juggle!!! was so funny seeing them try. also showing them how to juggle with the big tennis balls! as big and as heavy as basket balls. couldnt do it for long mind. another time i was working in the chess shop in the uk pav, when a kid about 4 or 5 came in and played me at chess. he whipped my ass!!!!!!!! totlly amaising to meet a genius! i look forward to reading about him someday.
    to be honest every day was memorable, even the stupid guest comments i found great, cos i saw it as a difference in culture, which was the greatest gift from disney, learning all about other cultures.

Gareth

6. Ze Perfect Strange

Ze Perfect Strange New Member

To me it was when i was at the wine shop in the french pavillion so many time i got guest drunk and that was so so so so so cool!!!..
    and there was this family from miami that i really talk to for like hours...we staies pretty good friend communivcating by e mail and phone...and then after my contract they came to visit france..so i was their guide staying tin nice hotel and eating in nice restaurant...and a year later the guy call me saying he s opening a restaurant in Florida and he wants me to work with him...so that s how i went back to miami.
    and thanks to that i spent last new year in epcot as a guest and most week end in the commons.. visiting friends..and they also pay for my managemant training next to chicago for a month...
    so when i look back i m thinkin....it all started with a mouse ;D
    ZPS .

7. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

I got so many business cards - and people saying 'call me when you're in town!' ... and I never did   :-\ There were so many fantastic guests (aswell as the stupid ones!)  I remember when we used to get people to introduce the 'British Invasion' - one Italian guy told me it was one of the most amazing things he's ever done and was nearly crying he was SO happy - he was dancing away on the benches and was having such a good time there was no way i was going to tell him to get down! ;)

ciao.x

8. Lonja

Lonja New Member

i was was staying in the most boring shop, home and garden, and i was waiting for the rotaion as usual and then there was this little girl i think she was like 3 yeras old came and talked to me...it was amazing even though she was only three she could speak really good.....she also was always staring at my pins and she told me she loved pigglet. so we kept on talking and she said really cute things and she also looked so sweet! as she left i gave her my piglet pin and i think in that moment she was the happiest kid ever!!! she gave me a hug and actually didnt want to leave, but they had dinner reservations....but like 5 min later her mum and her came back because they wanted to take a picture...so i took a pic with the little girl and i said if they wanted they could send me copy of the pic to the german pavillion.....i never thought i would here something from them but like 2 weeks later my manager gave me a letter and i opened it and in there there was a thank you card for making her kids day so amazing and a copy of the pic....she said that from that day on she always wore that pin....

made me really happy

but there were also a lot of nice stories in the wine shop....when i did the wine flight it sometimes took like half an hour cause we talked so much and had a lot of fun..and of course when they got drunk even better...
    ;D

damn i miss that time sooo much.....

Lonja

9. Gareth

Gareth New Member

thats what its all about Lonja, cool story!!

Gareth

10. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Too many good memories!!!
    I'll never forget one day when our doll makers where all off and my manager told me I'd have to do the job. I never wanted to learn it, cause I'm not good with hairstyles and fixing bows and stuff ??? So I had only seen it every now and then. I think I made about 20 dolls that day and there was a little girl that was my highlight of the day. She got the doll as her birthday present and while I'm sitting there, very nervous, trying to distract them from watching me, we had the best conversation ever. Those people were so lovely. They decided to drop by later again and pick up the doll ( didn't want to carry it around ) and so I went to the manager trailor and got a birthday card for the girl. I wrote her a little note and stuffed it into the box. The next day I came back to work and one of my friends told me they returned back later and asked for me to say thank you and that the girl was the happiest girl ever with her customized doll! I was so moved and only hoped the wig wouldn't fall off the dolls head on their way back home LOL
    Another very nice thing was a mom with her little girl coming in and the mom came to me and said her girl just asked if I was Cinderella LOL That was pretty cute!
    I also signed in a dad with his two little boys at Magic Kingdom ( I had met them on a plane from NYC to Orlando ) and the 4 years old was wrapping himself around my leg for about half an hour cause he was sooo happy to be at Disney ( their dad probably couldn't have afforded it ).
    ...so many more....

Laterz
    Julia