Got Accepted - October 5th Start

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Helix, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Helix

Helix New Member

I got the e-mail this afternoon from Yummy Jobs...

and I got accepted for the Graduate Program with a role as Main Entrance Operations.

Anyone want to let me know some detials of this role.

2. Linzi_B

Linzi_B New Member

Re: Got Accepted - October th Start

HEYYYY!!!

Ive also been accepted!!! start oct 5th and got the role of character attendant :):):) dont know loads about this role and was kind of hoping for character performer but from the little bits and pieces i've read about i think it'll still be loads of fun!! really excited now...

:)

if any accepted applicants are on facebook feel free to add me :)

3. Princess Laura

Princess Laura New Member

i don't know much about main entrance operations i'm afraid, but jsut thought i'd gatecrash to say i got accepted too, i got Attractions, which was my first choice so i'm pretty excited!

4. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Did you guys go to the London interviews last week? The CRP interviews were a couple of days after that so hopefully we may know within a couple of days! Fingers crossed!

5. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Wooo just got an email...CHARACTER Performer ;D
    Robert had to call me today as they had managed to type in my wrong email address or something.

6. pkatakia

pkatakia New Member

Me too!!!
    Working on attractions!!!!

7. Linzi_B

Linzi_B New Member

heyy!! yeah i and i think everyone else was at the london interviews last week so you shouldnt have to wait long to hear about cultural rep!! im so excitedddd!!!! i cant wait! :D and Spaztaz thats so cool you got character performer lol very jealous!!! do u know whod you be playing if u pass the audition??

linzi xxx

8. Helix

Helix New Member

Hey

Out of everyone that has been offered a role, what number was your chosen role?

Everyone I know who got offered got their 3rd choice - myself included... and was just wondering what number other peoples where.

Also, I better send them a reply saying that I will accepted the position - its not 100% what I wanted to do but it'll be too late now to change and I'm not going to decline the offer. I just really really hope and pray they don't stick me somewhere like Pleasure Island or somewhere so far removed from the main four parks. OH WELL... Just have to wait and see what happens.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far!

9. Linzi_B

Linzi_B New Member

character attendant was my first choice but only because i thought performer would be really hard to get...after talking to the interviewer he talked me into going for performer but i didnt change my form so either performer was full so they gave me attendant or he forgot what we'd spoke about and gave me my first choice. does that make sense? lol. im pretty tired think i need a rest :p

a few other people ive spoke to got 2nd choices but to be honest i think its the whole experience more than anything! i think no matter where we get put we'll all have a fantastic time! and helix i dont know much about main entrance operations but wouldnt you have the opportunity to do entrance for shows like fantasmic in that role? if not when your there you could always put in for overtime doing things like that as its similar to main entrance so you wouldnt need training! im a bit worried i wont have loads to do as an attendant but its what you make of it so just going to have to think of ways to make anything im doing interesting for me lol

xxx

10. Linzi_B

Linzi_B New Member

p.s helix are you going to ask to change or just stay with what you have?

11. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

linzi, entrance and crowd control for fantasmic is part of operations - thats what i did last year! Im gonna be a character attendant on his program too, but im leaving in july! cant wait now!

12. Helix

Helix New Member

I'm just going to stay with what they're given me, and hope for the best location. And then make the most out of the experience. And like you said and what i've read online you can ask for overtime. As for the specific place where I'll be doing the main entrance operations - from what i've read no one actually knows until your out there and the give you the form with your location on it... like I said, all I can do is hope for a good location.

13. Princess Laura

i got my first choice, so i guess i'm quite lucky then seeing as not many other's did? but like other people have said it's mostly about the expereince, i'd probably even be happy cleaning toilets as long as they were toilets in disney world (having said that i didn't choose custodial at all, so maybe i'm exaggerating a little!)

14. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Character was my first choice so I am happy with it hehe.
    Yea I kinda have an idea who I am going to be "Friends" with he is yellow and belongs to Mickey haha.
    Gonna try out for face character when I get out there

15. Helix

Helix New Member

mmm I wonder who that could be? LOL ... that's fantastic.

Are you on the same program/start date? Graduate Program - October 5th? Just wondering as I don't remember seeing you at the interview, there was only another Scottish person there who I met when I was nearly leaving.

16. mo

mo New Member

There is a better way of communicating and getting to know other applicants before you arrive.
    We have set up a face book, my space and bebo page for all oct applicants to join!!!

For those of you with face book- in groups search-
    The Disney International College Program Oct 2008 - April 2009

for those with bebo- in groups -International College Program Oct 2008

and for those with myspace -search- International College Program Oct 2008

17. Princess Laura

i'm pretty sure i saw you at my interview, were you there on the 10th? i remember you coming out and telling us the interviewer asked you about your height and things cos he needed friends for pluto.

and thanks mo, was wondering if anyone had started a facebook group yet!

18. berle.s

berle.s New Member

Hey guys,

you are so luck! I had also the interview last week, wednesday in Milano! I`m still hoping and praying that I will be accepted!

Are you all in de CRP or anybody of you in the ICP? I`ve applied for the ICP, and as i told I really really want to be accepted! What do you think, should I write an email to Megan on Frieday and ask her how the status quo is at the moment?!

19. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Yea princess Laura I was there on the 10th.
    Sat at the really really quiet table well eventually we got the conversation rolling. I was sooo pleased that I got my interview when I did as I was not ment to be until 3:30 and that would have given me like no time to sleep in the sun in the park haha.
    What time did u end up staying until?

20. Princess Laura

yeah i was sitting at the quiet table too.

luckily i was the first person in after roger finished his lunch, so i left by about 2, got the train home and was in bed having a well deserved nap by half 4.