Guys Chances at getting accepted on CRP

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by dliptonmagic, Feb 16, 2013.

1. dliptonmagic

dliptonmagic New Member

Hi all, I yesterday had the best email form Yummy Jobs saying I Had be selected for the pre-selection event,
    and I've noticed that there seem to be a lot more girls, than guys and was wondering dose this improve my chances at getting into the CRP?? if so yay :) as its my dream Job

2. Princess Pip

Princess Pip New Member

It may just be that more girls use sites like this, but even if there are fewer boys applying, I don't think it increases your chances as they just want the best syited people at the end of the day.

3. Catherino

Catherino New Member

There's a lot more girls going because there are a lot more girls applying. Though in the last arrival group there was only one boy and about 7 girls, so the chances of getting through are the same. After the cv stage they just choose the people who are best for the job, no matter whether they're boy or girl! So no, it shouldn't really improve your chances, but you have a good chance of getting on once you get to interview stage so well done!

When I had my interview there was probably 2 or 3 times as many girls, but I'd say only about half the boys got through, same with the girls, so good luck! If you have passion for Disney and your own culture you should do brilliantly!

Have a fun time at your interview and I'll hopefully see you in Orlando! :D

4. dliptonmagic

dliptonmagic New Member

Thanks,
    I Have such a good feeling about this and call it silly but I keep seeing random Disney things when out and about so maybe its a sign, and I obviously impressed someone to have got this far, and you say my chances are good now i'm at this stage.

I sure hope so, it will be just fab.

you must be super excited to be starting soon at WDW ? ;D

5. Ophelius

Ophelius New Member

When did you send them the email?

I've sent my resumé and cover letter on Valentine Day and don't know if they got it yet ):

Thank you!

6. Catherino

Catherino New Member

That's cool! I felt like I was getting some signs when I applied, it was really strange... And they meant something to me!! The interview will be the most fun you'll have had in ages! It was great fun and I met some great people!

Yeah, I'm really excited, all my flights are sorted and I've started packing! Still quite a wait to go, but I think it's going to go fast!

If you've got any questions about the interview feel free to ask:) I also have a blog where I wrote about the interview! Takemeonadisneyjourney.tumblr.com
    Xxx

7. Princess Pip

Princess Pip New Member

If you're from the UK you have to apply through Yummy Jobs. Applications have closed for this year but I guess you could email them just to see. Good Luck!

8. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

There's no higher odd's because you're a guy, its just that this programme attracts more girls that guys from the UK. There's no girl/guy quota so they will still choose whoever they see fit and usually the guys get their arrival dates spread out more. There's lots of guys with arrival dates for 2013 that are spread throughout the year... there is more girls but none of the guys have complained about this so far haha. I wouldn't let something like that affect your opinion of the interviews, at my pre-screening interview there was 5 guys and 3 girls in my interview group and only two of us (both girls) got through.. both of us made it all the way, the other girl has been at WDW since the summer. As long as you are properly prepared and ready for the pre-screening then I would think that would be enough to get you through to the next stage :)

9. Ophelius

Ophelius New Member

No, I'm from Italy!

Where is it written that the application are already closed? ):

10. Princess Pip

Princess Pip New Member

I only know UK applications are closed, Italian ones may still be open although I think the application process may be different?

11. Ophelius

Ophelius New Member

Ok, thanks anyway for your kind answer :D

Let's cross fingers! :D

12. Crimsonben

Crimsonben New Member

In no-way does the proportion of guys to girls ratio effect your chances of been offered a place on the crp unfortunately. Also to be noted is the fact that not only you guys that are at the pre-screen are actually going to be offered a job at the CRP, but cast members in international locations such as Disney Paris, can also apply through international services for the CRP.

Ben