Hair Colour & The Disney Look

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by nix123, Jan 3, 2010.

1. nix123

nix123 New Member

hey guys,

Does anyone know how strict they are with hair colouring on the WDW ICP? coz my hair normally looks like a general dark colour, with a bit of a red / purple tint, its not too abstract at all, but in the sun it glows suuuch a bright purple! (and when it fades a bit a really bright red)

i know it probably wont be a good idea to keep it that colour, but am i going to have to die it back to brown or can i just stop dying it from around march and let it fade do you reckon?

nix xx

2. StevenC

StevenC New Member

yea red and purple in your hair isnt acceptable lol... thats a no brainer!

and i dunno wat their policy is on black hair... i guess they just want you to look natural??

3. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

dye it natural colors. If you're a brunette, dye it brunette. If you're a blonde, dye it blonde. If you're super fair, with blue eyes and freckles, don't dye your hair pitch black.
    Basically, be "all american" - that's what they want. Purple's not gonna work. Sorry!

4. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

i think that they just need to chill out. If they let ashley tisdale do it then why cant we? lol ;D

5. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Haha, i hate the hair 'natural look' malarky.. Been dying my hair so long that i can't even remember my natural colour! But last year i just dyed it dark brown a few months before i left and it seemed to just fade gradually over the summer. As long as you don't have really visible roots i think all is well. Mine is still pretty bright red.. Should probably think about changing that as well! ha

6. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Ashley Tisdale is supposed to attract attention. They don't want you to draw attention away from the "show" (the entire park = a show/stage)

7. nix123

nix123 New Member

ahhh ok, thanks everyone!! back to brunette it is, you could not pay me enough money to go blonde!!!! i would look like the biggest twit ever hahaha!

althought just as a side note, my hair isnt quite as vibrant as it sounds lol, its not lively and shocking, just when the sun catches it. on the box its 'blackcurrant' hehehehe

suppose ill have to go back to tree bark.... ;p

nix xx

8. StevenC

StevenC New Member

my hair is very similar to zac efron's in HSM3... but even that isnt acceptable! i have to cut it all off!

im being demoted from troy to ryan!!!

GRRRR!

9. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

ha bad times no one want to be ryan.

10. debz

debz New Member

wow i didnt think they would be so strict on hair like that, i can understand colour but whats wrong with a zac hsm hair style lol

11. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Well my hair was really short and kind of punk-ish (check my FB) and I had to grow it so that it was more feminine and american-ish.

12. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

Too bad.. I would be all over you like a rash if you had any kind of resemblance to Zac Efron!
    I have blonde highlights in my hair, which do look natural and people think they are.. but at the interview the guy asked me if they were natural or not. I was honest and told him they weren't and he said they had to be gone by the time I was in America. You aren't allowed any kind of two tones at all :/ But its okay, hopefully natural ones will come through with the Florida sun! :D
    xxx

13. mac shell

mac shell New Member

I am sooo gutted i need to die my hair!! I hate my hair brown so much its horrible :( Jill said to me i could keep it blond as long as it was all like solid blonde but i would defo not want a full solid head of like preoxide blonde hair that would look so unnatural!! U think with a few different colours and tones it would be ok as long as it wasnt making you stand out its soo annoyin xxxxx

14. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

They are so strict on some people and not strict at all on others!

Last summer I had about 6 different blondes in my hair, my natural colour is a mousey browny blonde and you could see where there was darker hair towards my roots, but on the Disney Look day they told me my hair was fine but told two others who probably had more natural hair then me to go and dye it!!! Cost them $60 each ont he second day eeek.

My biggest problem was my tattoos!!! I have them on my wrist but they told me when I got there what make up to get...but had to go to the florida mall urgently to get it which cost me $70 in taxi fares!! and $50 for the make up! BUY BEFORE YOU GO!!!

xx

15. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I think, mac shell, that if you had naturally toned blonde it would be okay. But you know those girls who have brown hair with blonde highlights? - that's a no no!

16. mac shell

mac shell New Member

Yea its not like that its a blond with like a strange colour I cant explain it lol but it doesnt jump out at you or anythin but jill said I couldnt have it :( dunno wot to do ill probs chance the blonde n take maybe like a couple of brown hair dies n diy it when im there lol ha!!
    Yea i wasnt allowed to be a lifeguard becuase of a tattoo on my back which is tiny!! Did the makeup work? I thought if you had them like on your wrist and stuff u had to wear like long selves or somethin xxx

17. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

The make up kind of works and you spend ages putting it on at first and then as soon as you put the setting powder on it goes a horrible horrible brown colour so you basically end up with big brown splodges on your wrist but my managers in my transfer didnt even notice I had tattoos neither did my trainers, I told one and he was so shocked he hadn't noticed it but there we go.

18. nix123

nix123 New Member

wow, its amazing how its certain rules for different people, i didnt know it would be that bad!!!!!!! are you allowed to take hair dye in your luggage though? i hope so, coz i can get it really cheap over here!

what makeup was it to cover up your tattoos though? coz ive got one on my ankle, its only subtle but im bound to be told to cover it up or something, if i can shop around now then thats better

and yeh, i think your blonde highlights will be fine, if they look natural anyway then when u take them out im sure the sun will bring them back up, so whats the point?! im gna have to dye my hair quite regularly tho coz ive dyed it red so many times that it will just fade back really easily. grrr i hate my mousy brown hair

xxxx

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Your socks have to go above your ankles, so your ankle tattoo should be okay.

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Unless you have to wear a skirt, when you will have to wear tights, and your socks won't cover your ankles.
    They won't let you wear socks with a skirt either.
    xx