Halifax Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Dee, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Dee

Dee New Member

Hey - Is anyone else waiting for the Halifax interviews in March? - the dates are up on Cast-a-way's site : Halifax presentation and Interviews March 8,
    Toronto presentation and interviews March 9, Montreal presentation and interviews March 10. 
      Has anyone been called for these yet? -Derek-

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Derek, welcome to the boards! castaway is for the cruiselines right? Which program are u applying for?
    Best of luck
    Marie xxx

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Marie - i think castaway recruit for the cruiseline in the UK and for the actual IP aswell in canada so i guess those dates are fro the IP in canada.

Dont know what that says about the Uk dates as they were after the canada ones last year?

4. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Derek...

Welcome. I'll assume you have sent your resume to Eric already, but have you heard anything from him at all yet?

Good Luck,
    Sandra :)

5. Dee

Dee New Member

Hey guys! - Sandra - I have sent in my application and now I am anxiously awaiting a call from Eric!
    For the others... sorry about the confusion - Castaway is for the Cruise lines and The IP in Canada.
    Are there any other anxious applicants out there???

6. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Derek....
    I actually filled out the online application on Cast-A-Way's site originally. I waited about a week and then emailed Eric just to confirm that he had received my application. It took 2 days for him to call me after that. So, might not be a bad idea for you to just send him a quick email to make sure he's got your resume. Just shows your interest.

Let us know...

7. Dee

Dee New Member

Hey Sandra - I did e-mail Eric after faxing in a resume and he replied and said he would be calling within the next few weeks - I wonder if that is a good sign???? I assume that this is just a busy time of year for them but if he called you in 2 days and you are going - you know what I am thinking - I am at the bottom of the pile... oh well - I've got to be more positive than that - right? He must just be busy. When did you apply/ How long before you knew you were going?

8. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I applied, maybe the 3rd week, in July. I emailed Eric the next week and he called on Civic Day (first Monday in August) as I was driving home from the cottage. He confirmed that he had received my online application and told me to email him my resume. He also wanted to make sure that I wanted to fly to Calgary for the interviews, rather than wait for the spring interviews in Toronto. He told me on the phone that it would be a few weeks before he called back for the telephone interview. I'm not sure if my phone interview was in August or early September, but when that was finished, Eric gave me all the info for the Calgary interviews.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think Eric gets very busy... especially getting ready for the Toronto interviews. The Toronto interview was huge when I went a few years ago.

I'd say if you don't hear from him in a couple of weeks, email him again. He's not the one who decides if you're going to Florida... it's the Disney recruiters at the interviews. You just need to get yourself there.

9. Dee

Dee New Member

Thanks sooo much Sandra - that is good to know - I thought that he was the one who decides. Its really great to have somone to answer all my newbie questions. Thanks again! ;)

10. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

No worries... Eric only decides who gets to the interviews. If I remember correctly, in Calgary, our interviewers were a manager at the Cdn pavilion and someone from International Casting.

Oh, and keep asking your questions. You'd be surprised how much information you can get from these boards.

11. Dee

Dee New Member

Sandra - I am totally addicted to these boards- but I am learning do much it is great! so I am sure you will hear lots more questions from me... ;D

12. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

So, assuming you get your interview, which I'm sure you will, have you decided whether you'll choose merchandise or food&beverage as your first choice? Do you know anyone else who's planning on going to the Halifax interviews?

13. Dee

Dee New Member

Well - I sure hope I get it! and if I do I think I will choose Merchandise - I have lots of experience in that area so it seems right and I like that type of job. I don't know anyone else who is planning to attend the Halifax interviews (maybe if not too many apply we'll all get in) - I know that is a long shot but it is fun to dream...

14. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey all - I am renouncing my lurker status and making a post (zut alors!).

Does everyone receive a phone interview before they find out about being invited to the presentation? I applied back in October, and Eric has received my application, but I am reallllllly ansy to find out if I get to attend the interview session in Halifax as I am currently living in Scotland and need to book a flight to Halifax. In bad timing, Air Canada is having a seat sale, (shocking, this is probably the only time Air Canada has the best rate to fly, well, ANYWHERE,) but it ends in a couple of days. Would it be kind of cheeky to call Eric, tell him my dilema and ask him whether I'll probably get an interview? It would save me, potentially, a few hundred bucks but I would rather not annoy him and get on his bad list seeing as I have already been in touch with him twice! ;)

Thanks a bunch!

15. Dee

Dee New Member

Not that I am any expert in any way - but I would definately give him a call. It seems to me from my lurking days that Eric is a pretty busy guy and may need to be reminded based on what others say on here. I spoke with him last year about the program in general and he was very nice and I think he would be more than accomodating. Who knows - maybe he would do the phone interview right then and there!?! Best of luck and I hope to see you in Halifax!!!

16. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Jen, this may be a silly question, but you are Canadian?

I have no idea if this would even be possible, but there are interviews in the UK next month. The interviews there are organized by Yummy Jobs. I would definately send Eric an email and maybe even see if it's possible for you to attend the interviews in the UK. That would save you some money too. I wouldn't worry about bothering Eric. Emailing him just shows you're still interested. I think I emailed him quite a few times during the application process.

Good Luck,

17. Canuckliz

Canuckliz New Member

Hey guys!

I am going to the Montreal interviews in March. I called Eric on a friday afternoon, and he gave me a phone interview right then and there, maybe it was because I called long distance from Ottawa? I was just wondering if anyone knew if they (as in disney) pay for your flights down and back?? Not that it will change my mine if I do get the job but it would make it seem a little bit nicer!~!! Also someone said above that your interview time has something to do with how far away you live...does that mean I will get a earlier one because I will be coming from out of town?

This site is amazing thanks so much for all the Info!!!!!

Liz :D

18. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hi Liz! Welcome to the boards!
    Congrats on getting through the phone interview!!! Have fun in Montreal. Just think... first step complete.

Disney does not pay for your flight down. You have to pay for your own flight and then take the receipt down with you when you go to Florida. At the end of your contract, Disney will give you that amount of money back for you to fly home. If you get terminated or you quit before your contract is done, you get nothing.

Eric does try to put those from out of town at the beginning of the interview list. I flew to Calgary for my interview from Toronto. I didn't know how long I was staying, so I emailed Eric and asked if there was anyway I could be interviewed earlier. I ended up staying the night, but Eric got my interview pretty early on. I would suggest emailing him just before the interviews and telling him that you're coming from out of town and that you have to drive back or catch a train or bus.

Ottawa, eh? Love that place. I'll be out there next month for Winterlude and visiting my sister.

Good Luck,

19. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for your responses! It turns out Eric is in the UK right now and someone at the office in Quebec (Lesley, I believe...) is trying to get in touch with him in hopes that he'll give me a phone interview while he is in the UK over the next few days! Needless to say, my mobile is practically glued to my hip. Thanks goodness I am unemployed for the next few days as well ;)

EvilQueen, yup, I am Canadian. I'm just in Scotland right now on a working holiday visa and have been here since graduating from university in May!

I'm going to jump on the pro-Ottawa boat as well; I lived there for almost eight months when doing co-op workterms and it's a pretty great place!

~Jen

20. joelle

joelle Guest

hey ! :) im from queebec and i send my resumé like 2 months ago ( about..) and 2 days later Eric send me an e- mail saying that he would get in touch with me in january or fabuary.... i manage to pass trough january with a decent level of anxiousity but now that fabruary is coming i'm starting to get more and more nervous!... if he did contact me in the firts week of feb, i will sen him an other e-mail or even call him.. so if you hear about montreal's interview just let me know :)
    byebye
    joelle
    :p