Halifax,Montreal,Toronto F2F Interviews April 10-12

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by hockey_town_canada, Mar 22, 2007.

1. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

Well time to start up the F2F interviews talk for Canada.... less than 21 days to go for all the interviews...me personally getting very excited... gotta fly out to montreal on the 10th at night....

figured we could start a form to give eachother tips...

cant wait for the F2F interviews gonna be so much fun......

Andrew

2. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

I'm so disappointed right now... I got a message saying all interviews are full, and I still haven't been able to reach Eric. :'(

Ugh it makes me so mad... I've been trying to call for 2 WHOLE WEEKS, left messages, I did everything and nobody even called me back! This has to be a joke...

3. hockey_town_canada

ya that is really weird... seen as how i talked to him like tuesday i think and he said i was number 32 for the montreal interviews and i heard from someone else that there were around 80 at the interviews in the past...

sorry to hear about that ladybug... i'd try to get a hold of eric and hear the truth from him... also some people could also back out before the interviews so i wouldnt give up yet...

4. vader1

vader1 New Member

No need to get upset there is also next year if i were u i would just wait

5. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

I would like to add that.. Eric is one hella nice guy.

I am SO going to the Montreal interviews! YES!!

6. That's awesome :D so you finally got ahold of him?

19 days here! I wonder if the Halifax interviews are full too? I can't believe there's so few people on here going!! I'm glad I don't have to fly...I'd hate to spend all that money without knowing if I'll even get the job!

haha Kyle, you know as well as I do that it isn't that easy not to be disappointed! Imagine if we hadn't gotten interviews, we would have been upset I think. At least I would have, and you seemed pretty excited too! lol. I'm glad everything worked out though!

7. hockey_town_canada

nice ... congrats ladybug... lol... whats your name anyways??..... anyways it will be good to see someone from here at the montreal interviews..... glad you got through....

hopefully brad had luck and got through too...

ya meg it does suck having to fly out and pay for it... but i think too it shows them i really want the job if im willing to pay and fly like half the country to make the interview....

i cant wait anyways ... geting exciting....

8. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

My name's Claudia :)

Yeah Meg, apparently all the interviews are full. Toronto/Montreal is totally out of the question now, but I think some people can still squeeze in for Halifax even though it's "officially" full.

9. Oh. Ok.
    Hmmm I wonder if Brad called maybe they'd be able to put him in for the Halifax interviews? He got an email saying they were full :(

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I dunno about that 80 spot thing (I think thats the case in other countries)... last year in Montreal there was no more than 40 people.

11. hockey_town_canada

oh ya 40 isnt to bad....

well claudia it will be nice knowing there is someone else off here that will be at the montreal interviews...

congrats again on making it....

12. hockey_town_canada

anyone know of a decently priced hotel close to mcgill university in montreal??? need to book one for the night of the 10th so if ya got any ideas that would be great.

13. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

There are plenty of hotels nearby, it really depends on how much you're willing to pay. I'm quite sure there's a Holiday Inn, a Days Inn and a Quality Hotel only a few blocks away from the university.

14. hockey_town_canada

ok cool thanks.. i'll have to check it out...

15. Wow...it's getting really close! I still need to find something to wear...
    I'm done school...just studying. My first exam is the day after my interview!
    Get everything sorted out with your hotel Andrew?

16. hockey_town_canada

ummm not yet... i got the plane stuff all done... hotel stuff i should do too :S ... just been super busy lately with stuff to do...

ya i cant believe its almost here ... its crazy....

anyone got any tips for the interviews???????

17. lululemon

lululemon Member

Hey all!
    Meg, I have my first exam the day after too...too bad we are not going to be at the same interview, we could have quizzed each other! good luck anyways...you all will be having your interviews before us Toronto folk anyways, so be sure to post your experiences for us to study!! My friend went through the process in what would have been early 2003, and she said he interview was pretty straightforward, and they were just looking for enthusiasm and dedication (and being a part of this board definetly shows your dedication!)...other than that, I am not sure...we should brainstorm!

18. I will! Haha, I'll be posting on here afterwards instead of doing my last minute cramming!
    Enthusiasm about Disney is one thing I def do have! The only thing I hate is if they ask you about ways you've shown leadership and such. I'm never sure what to say!
    I'm actually really excited instead of nervous!

6 days ;D

19. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

Lucky you Meg! I still have a month left because of student strikes and such.

I'm wondering what I should wear too. I do have a classic suit that I wear for conferences at school, but I'm wondering if it'll be too much..

It'll be so much fun getting up at 3am so that I don't get stuck in the morning traffic! ::) The street/highway system in Montreal gives me headaches, you're lucky you'll be walking there Andrew!

EDIT: Oh by the way guys, Eric didn't say anything about the photograph we have to bring... Does it have to be against a white background and everything or is it more casual?

20. lululemon

lululemon Member

I hear ya Ladybug...but it'll be 4am for me to take the train into Toronto!