Harry Potter 6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by halifaxboy, Jul 15, 2005.

1. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

Who's getting the new harry potter book tomorrow?? I couldn't wait so I've been reading it at work, cos the delivery arrived yesterday so decided to be cheeky!! lol only got thru 2 chapters! gonna read some more tonight!

2. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Be careful, aren't they able to sue people that already have it and talk about it?

3. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

oh I dunno, haven't bought it! and I ain't telling ne1 about it! that would spoil it for everyone else neway!!

4. Tinks

Tinks New Member

No I ment talk about having seen it, not whats in it.

5. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

I am so getting the book tommorow - might actually go at midnight - but if i do i know im going to regret that as i have to work the next day and i wud probably be up all night reading it!

6. Tinks

Tinks New Member

I know what you mean! I have to work all day too! :'(

7. PixieDust

PixieDust New Member

I can't wait to get it!!

I was going to go get it at midnight, but seeing as how I have to work at 8 am the next morning...I'll be waiting!

No matter...at work the manager's have set aside copies for all the staff that want it, so perhaps I'll be sneaking peaks of it in between customers all day long!!

8. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I can't wait until I can get the next book! ;D

9. shellie_x

shellie_x New Member

ill prob get shot for sayin this but i cnt say im a fan of harry potter ive read the 1st book but it just didnt do it for me... it was brilliantly written but i fink im more of a lord of the rings kinda gal hehe! so i wont b rushin out 2 buy the book... but happy readin every1!!!! :D

10. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Don't think I'll be going at midnight, but I'm definitley going to buy my copy tomorrow! Pretty excited to read it and find out what happens next! As for reading it- apparently there are a few stores worldwide (including HMV in Edinburgh) who've put it out early by mistake!!!! How!! Don't they all have big sheets of paper saying do not open until.... ::)
    Charlotte x

11. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Ok now regretting my decision! Did at about 11.45 lol! Just heard JK Rowling reading chapter 6 and it sounds brilll! Grrr, will have to get it tomorrow and go to bed to stop thinking about the fact that it's in circulation and I can't read it yet!
    Charlotte x

12. Munch

Munch New Member

Here in Canada (in Vancouver) they sold some by mistake and they went to court to get an injunction to stop them from saying anything about the book before its release and to return it. The people that did return it apparently are getting signed copies!!!

I can't wait to get my copy tomorrow!!! I've been waiting for this forever! Mine is going to be delivered by all the mailmen/woman who are giving up their Saturdays to deliver copies of the book on their day off!! (We don't get post on the weekends here in Canada) And as soon as I get it you can be sure that i'm only going to put it down to go to the movies to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!

:-* Cheryl

13. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

harry potter sucks....sorry had to say it!
    so do the movies.....im not a fan at all and dont understand the hoopla surrounding it

14. ~*Mel*~

~*Mel*~ New Member

I didn't understand it either, when the 4th book came out. My brother was big into it at the time and he made me read the first book, and ever since, i've been hooked...i'm not Harry Potter crazy, going out to buy all the merchandise and stuff, but I think that J.K Rowling is a great writer and the books are a great read! :)

15. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

ok i was gonna wait til the paper back was relised to read it but i went down town today and ended up buying the book, so its now sitting on my desk and i'll start the reading tomorrow!!!

have fun reading everyone

16. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

One of my friends got it at midnight and she payed $20 and then later that night around 3am we where walking around Wal-Mart and saw the book for $15 and they had a ton of them. I thought it was funny :p I need to finish book 5 before I read book 6

17. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

well i finished it! its great, but i think not as good as book 4 and 5. And a major clue - a big carachcter dies in it towards the end - i won't say who, as many people won't have finished it yet. But it really shocked me.

18. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Wow didn't take you long at all to read that book.

19. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

ahhh i hate you! howd u finihs it soo fast!! my mom just gave iit to me today as i worked alllllll day yesterday

20. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

im a bit of a bookworm! i got it at 11am on the saturday and spent my lunch hour reading it, when i got home i read it, and i was looking after some neighbours kids in the evening so i read it when they were asleep until about 1.30 am. When i woke up it was the first thing i picked up, and i spent most of the afternoon reading it, i finished it at 4pm.

taking out all the breaks and everything id say it took me 8 hours to read it.

im now regretting reading it so fast though and probably will read it again next week!