Have you done the ICP before?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone who has done the ICP programme before could share where they were located.
    I wish we knew now, but it's all part of the Magic! I can't wait.

2. I did it summer '08 and was custodial in what used to be called MK north but don't know now as the zoning has changed.

3. vik

vik New Member

i was magic kingdom day parade costuming, though most summer icp costumers do more than one thing, like castle show, spectro or character room.
    other people i knew worked in
    splash mountain
    team mickey merchandise at downtown
    world of disney at downtown
    magic kingdom stroller rental (techincally merchandise)
    typhoon lagoon lifeguarding
    soarin'
    mousegear merch at epcot
    mainstreet east merch (everything on the right hand side of mainstreet)

as an icp you can literally be placed ANYWHERE! (though i have a funny feeling u might have to be american to work on hall of presidents)

woop woop so excited!

4. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Cool, thanks guys
    im doing merch, so a shop is where i'm at. I obviously don't mind, but I kinda hope i'm at a park! I wish we knew now...but like I said, its part of the adventure!

5. arron87

arron87 New Member

I havnt been on this site since i started my ICP program in June 07. . and now im going through the interviews again I thought id return!

I was in Fantasyland attractions for a year. . . amazing!

6. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Fantasy Land? wow thats cool! :)

7. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Also, were you put with other ICP'ers? I guess it depends. I'm so excited I just want to get there now!

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'm soooo excited too Jess, I desperately want to know which ride I'll be on!!!

9. You won't just work with icp'ers. They usually spread you out a lot amongst the different parks. In Custodial North I was the only ICP, the rest were on the American College Programme or were part/full time or seasonal. Though there were other icp'ers in the park I didn't really come into contact with them unless I was scheduled into another area of the park.

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I did the Summer Program 2006, I was did Day Parade and Spectro Magic..

Then I did the year program..August 2007-August 2008..Started off at Stands East MK..Then moved to Vacation Planning AK..Then I transfered again and did ODF AK..

Absolutely loved it, hence why im wanting to go back again!

11. arron87

arron87 New Member

Fantasyland was a mix of everybody. There were probably around 30 ICP's, 30 American CP's among the loads of part/full time and seasonal workers. Really depends where you work but most places will be a mixture of everybody.

12. KC

KC New Member

I was at Innoventions at Epcot in 06. There were about a half a dozen or so CPs, and 2 ICPs at the time. While it wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I applied, it turned out to be the most amazing 3 months of my life.

Oh, and I also Cross-U'd to Main St. USA PAC for a few days a week in August. There were a whole lot more CPs there, but only 4 or 5 ICPs, I think!

Like I said, though, it was the most amazing 3 months of my life - though, a lot of that was down to the incredible bunch of friends I found myself with - who, incidentally, were also ICPs, and worked at places like the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Goofy's Barnstormer, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

This is true-ish. Certain attractions are seniority based, which means you have to have worked in an area for a while before they let you work there. Typically, this means that older cast members will be working there, cos they'll have been with the company longer, and because these roles are somewhat cushier (calm guests, AC, etc.) they're saved for people who've done their dues!

Examples of seniority attractions are the Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square Riverboat, and Universe of Energy. Apart from that, you can pretty much end up anywhere. Except the American Adventure, of course. ;)

13. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I think you all know what I did haha. See my picture.

I don't think as an ICP you would work anywhere in World Showcase either except the ticket barriers or shop at International Gateway boardwalk.

14. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

You could also be custodial in World Showcase - custodials aren't country specific. I was custodial in Adventureland and Frontierland myself last summer- the only ICP in custodial in these lands at the time, mixed with roughly 1/2 american CP's and 1/2 full timers - mainly from Haiti.

15. the haitians lol. how could i forget them, especially yvet and tony and borno? you would have to correct me on that one andrew only worked with him once or twice though he was very cool and helpful.

16. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Borno was one of the best full timers in the West - laid back and did his trash, and wouldn't complain if he arrived to a messy zone though would sometimes be seen backstage talking. Oh for the days of Splash queue zone, shooting gallery or pirates zone - the best one during the daytime, indoors with AC. Perhaps I should go to Haiti due to my fantastic impression of them while at work?

17. Yes! we should both go! Yes it must be Borno who I am thinking of. He sometimes worked lib square. Tony and Yvet were like that thought in the North. You were lucky you had ac zones we didn't really have them except those around the rides but even then we weren't allowed in them really, cept when removing trash when attractions complained.

18. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Surely there was a zone which included going up and down the small world queue ramps - not the best AC but a little cooler. The west had some quite long queues often in the shade with fans or sometimes AC - the tunnel queue down to splash loading was nice, though tricky to pick clean as people continually moved down the queue. What surprised me was the amount of dream fastpass tabs people dropped - don't they realise how useful they are on a busy day!

19. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

:D not long now... sorry I'm getting a bit confussed with everyone on here, when are you goig Charlotte? x

20. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Thanks for the help guys.
    This summer can't come quick enough!!
    Another question.... did you know anyone who worked in hotels doing merch? because i've heard that theres a chance we might be in the hotel shops.