HELP! I need 'What motivates you?' ADVICE! :-D

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by DiamondSkull, Jan 21, 2013.

1. DiamondSkull

DiamondSkull New Member

Hi there WDWIP!

Does anybody have any Letter of Motivation advice they could give me?

I have done my CV okay, but unsure what angle to go for in the L of M. More posh/professional or more casual/I love Disney??

It's my second time applying and I think that my previous application was too professional/emotionless! Lol!

Any tips would be so appreciated guys!!

Thank you, DiamondSkull.

2. journeytoatlantis

journeytoatlantis New Member

Hi! I applied last round and I am going on september 3rd.

From what I did I just really answered the question, what makes you want to do the program, what do you think you will get from it, why you love disney etc.

From what I have heard other people do, putting more emotion and disney love in it seems to work, but still remain professional and stuff.

Also, just write what you feel comfortable with if you get what I mean. I collect the Disney pins so mine was mostly based around that.

Ive got a bit more information on my blog, the link is below. If you have got any more questions feel free to ask :)

Hope this helped

3. DiamondSkull

DiamondSkull New Member

Thank you so much for the advice!

Yeah, I think I will try to make it as DISNEY-fied as possible, and edge away from being to professional if I can! I just hope that I get an invite to the Pre-Selection as I know I can shine there!

How much did you write for your L of M in the end?

Are you looking forward to working at the Pavilion?

;D

4. StacyW

StacyW Member

I think the motivation box is your chance to get your Disney aspect across, while your CV and covering letter could be more professional. Get your personality across and why you should be able to represent your country. GOOD LUCK! :)

5. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

I think I must be the exception to the rule because I had no cover letter and wrote literally two lines in the motivation box and still somehow got a place on the CRP. However, what I did write was very honest and upfront about my reasons for doing this and what I had done to get me that far. I have a lot of experience in hospitality so thats obviously what got me through. However I have since thought about it and blogged about advice somewhere in my blog...
    http://jendisneycrp.blogspot.co.uk/2012_01_01_archive.html

6. DiamondSkull

DiamondSkull New Member

Thank you all for your advice!

I have just applied on the website now... DUN DUN DUN!!

My CV came across quite professional, then I merged a Cover Letter and Motivation for taking part into one document. Fingers Crossed!!!!

;D

7. StacyW

StacyW Member

GOOD LUCK!

8. DiamondSkull

DiamondSkull New Member

Thank you StacyW!

It's totally not long until you go now! I bet you're super excited?!

;D

9. StacyW

StacyW Member

Yes so excited! I was applying this time last year so it has been a long process but totally worth it! :) It's only just starting to sink in now haha.

10. Nate_Himself

Nate_Himself New Member

good luck kim! ;)

hope to see u out there

11. DiamondSkull

DiamondSkull New Member

Cheers Buddy! I hope to see you there too!

;D ;D