Help! Question from an Aussie. Couse Acceptance

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Kelz025, May 22, 2012.

1. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Hi everyone!

I emailed the actual Australian contact about this but they didn't really answer my question.

It says that a TAFE or Uni course will be accepted and that you have to complete at least one year. What if the course you are doing is only one year? Does that count?
    I am about to undertake a Cert IV course at Vic Uni, will that be acceptable? Any one else only doing a one year course?

Also was wondering, what is the chance that they will place you somewhere relevant to your course. I will be studying Animal Studies, what is the likeliness of being stationed at Animal Kingdom in an Animal related exhibit?

Thanks very much!!

2. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Hi :)

You can either finish your first year of study (full time) or be a recent graduate so I think it would still count because you would have completed the certificate? Not entirely sure though haha

When I had my interview, I was asked to say an introduction about myself and what i liked most about Disney; so I'm sure if you say what you are studying and how you think it would be of good value to work at the Animal Kingdom, they will take it into consideration :D

Hope this helps you haha :)

3. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Hi Kelz

I have the same question and I email the US embassy and even they couldnt help! If you do get an answer please let me know and I will do the same :)

4. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Thanks for the help Simba =)

Yecats, I will let you know If I hear something. In quite worried because I really want to apply for this program!!

5. Yecats

Yecats New Member

I know how you feel kelz it would be so disappointed if that was what stopped us for this amazing opportunity!

I know someone who is going in August so she should be applying for her visa any time now and she's only doing a cert 4 so I will ask her and let you know how she goes :)

6. cammysan

cammysan New Member

So basically if your intended start date is within 12 months of your graduation you can do the program. that or have completed your first year. It's just so that they know that you are intact a student and not someone trying to use the company to gain a green card.

and when you go to your visa appointment, you'll have to take either a transcript from your course or your diploma with you just so that they can see it.

Hope this helps your dreams come true :D