Help with Medical Insurance!! :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by MissMouse1990, May 26, 2010.

1. MissMouse1990

MissMouse1990 New Member

HELLLLPPPPP!

lol, Hi everyone, im going out to Disney on the J1 academic programme for a year starting July 20th and I have no idea about medical insurance. Can anyone who has been before or has bought their medical insurance tell me who they have used....

me and my friend have found ACE insurance and it covers for work and has unlimited medical cover?

Pleaseee help, anything would be really appreciated :D

lots of love xxxx :D

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i went with Sta Travel, u could try them :) x

3. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Diamond Insurance was good too - cost only £80 for the three month ICP! :)

4. MissMouse1990

MissMouse1990 New Member

Ahhhh thanks soo much, i will try both of them! I reallly need to start getting things started lol... i have so many questions..... ahhhhhhhh ???

xxxxx

5. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

DisneyGibbs has done the program before and may be able to help with some of your questions she has also written a blog about her time on both the J1 and CRP programs: http://www.freewebs.com/disneygibbs/

6. Frou-Frou90

Frou-Frou90 New Member

insureandgo. they gave all of us on the 3 month programme 10% off, so we all paid just over £60, for their gold backpackers package, which is actually awesome.

7. natvdp

natvdp New Member

wow i thought i got a good deal at £118 but £60 is amazing!

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Insure&Go are very good if you have a pre-excisting medical condition. They might not cover everything but they covered me when no other insurance companies would (or they wanted thousands of pounds for it). I'm sure their 12 month Backpackers Gold cost me £280, which is awesome because there's no exccess to pay if you have to claim! A lot of people I know only got three months which is fine if you can guarentee that Disney will cover you. Some people I know got 12 month insurance AND Disney insurance. The Disney one is good if you need to have eye tests done and stuff like that (i.e. to get more contacts from home. A couple of us had a lot of problems with that!)

Hope that helps :S I seem to have rambled a bit haha!

And thanks Jane :D