Hi Everyone!!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by swedey2k, Nov 17, 2004.

1. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hi guys! I'm Dan and i've applied for the international program in the United Kingdom.

I am quite keen to do this programme as not only am I a long term disney world fan, but i want to do something different and fun between university and being sat behind a desk for the rest of my life!!!

This website and board has been really useful in encouraging me to apply so thanks!

I've got a telephone interview on either this Friday or next Friday, and i wondered if anyone could give me any advice about what sort of format it takes and how best to approach it. I am worried I will either approach it too enthusiastically or too professionally and detached, either extreme!

Thanks, and good luck to all you guys that went for an interview, you are a couple of steps closer to going to Disney than I am and I am most jealous!!

Cheers :)

2. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hey Dan! The best piece of advice I think I could give would be, to be yourself! That's what the recruiters are looking for. I think in the first few mintues upon meeting you, they can get a feel as to what kind of person you are. I'm not sure what it's like in the UK but here in Canada, the phone interview consisted of a bunch of questions about Canada, what I would say to a guest about Canada, how patriotic I am ect.... Don't worry, I know that's easier said than done. The face to face interview ended up being more like a little chat, it didn't even really feel like an interview.
    Good-luck!

3. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Hey Dan

I'm Ellen, part of the 'Interviews in February' group...which, hopefully, you'll get to join after your telephone interview!! I too am applying to do this post-uni, pre-work (altho if I don't ever get round to doing the work thing afterwards, I don't think I'll mind that much! :D). Like what Jo said, just be yourself...that's all they want! :D

So what uni you at? where you from? how old are you?.....

Best of luck for your phone interview...let us know how it goes! :D

Ellen xxx :D

4. swedey2k

swedey2k Guest

Hi Jo and Ellen,

thanks for your help. I'm having my phone interview tommorrow at 2.15, let's hope i've got signal where I am!

Ellen, I'm at Durham, 20 and from Cardiff.

Hopefully i'll be back tommorrow to let you know how I got on!

Dan

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Aww well seems ellen & Jo have answered the questions for me!!

Good Luck with it!

By the way i'm sara, had my face to face interview last friday in london. Just waiting to hear now, its very stressful!!

If you need any tips on the telephone interviews i know there is a topic on applicants faq.

what course r u studying at uni?

Sara x

6. frazdog

frazdog New Member

hello mate just had my telephone interview.
    it went really well it is just like a chat with an old friend u have not seen in a while.
    be positive and u will be fine.
    the dog ;D

7. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hey there Swedy,

I to have just had my interview and it wasn't at all as scary as i thought it would be. If you're worried i'd prepare a little beforehand, maybe just make a note of the questions you could be answered (see this forum) and jott down a few replies, just so you know kind of in your head what you might say. Admittedly i dd this and it all went out the window, but it did make me feel prepared and so less nervous at bumbling on about not much at all, althought i don't think anything can calm you down when the phone starts ringing :eek:

Seriously, be cool mate and you'll be fine. Just be yourself :)

Poor Frazdog had a horrid question about family traditions or something, glad that wasn't me!!! :p

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Fingers crossed 4 u all, im sure u did fine.

Sellwegger & frazdog where are u from?

9. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Good-luck on the phone interview today! Be sure to tell us how it goes :D

10. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Hi Sara,

We're from West Sussex, UK x How about you? :)

11. frazdog

frazdog New Member

hi sara
    a nice town called east grinstead,near to gatwick airport about 15 minutes drive.what about u.
    ::)

12. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey guys!!!

Am sure your phone interviews went great today - now you just have to start the waiting process that is the biggest part of applying for Disney!!!

Dan - good luck for your interview - Im sure youll be great!!!

Just a quick question for Frazdog/Sellweger - were you interviewed by Jason/Alexis? They must have been busy if you were cos am sure theyre up in Scotland today at the last lot of face to face interview of this year!!!

Anyway, let us know when you hear anything!!

Michelle xx

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hey to both of u.
    i live in staffordshire a little town called burton-on-trent, dont know whether uve heard of it.

how did the interviews go?

14. DisneyMichelle

Ive heard of Burton-On-Trent!!! Isnt that where they make marmite...

;)

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hahaha michelle, dont, u gona make me crease laughin. wait a minute, isn't that dans job? ;D

16. DisneyMichelle

Thought that might make you chuckle!!! ;D

We need to laugh at the moment to stop us totally freaking out!!!

Michelle xx

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

we do need some things to laugh about or i feel we may cry!! and wot better things to laugh about than toad in the hole and marmite, memories of last week haha

18. DisneyMichelle

I know!!! They will forever be comedy words in my vocab now thanks to you and dan!!!

Michelle xx

PS I just want to apologise for hijacking this thread (and a couple of others!!) with completely inane stuff!! ;D

19. SaraC

SaraC New Member

haha i best apologise as well then michelle, it's all my fault i confess ;D i really have lost the plot my mates r all goin 2 me on msn wot is wrong with u 2nite sar, and thing is i dont know!!

20. DisneyMichelle

I think we're as bad as each other!!!

I better get offline now before i go completely crazy!!

Hopefully my MSN will work tomorrow and we can have completely bizarre chats without everyone else wondering what on earth we're going on about!!!

Michelle xx