Hi Ho... Hi Ho... Of to Chez Gerard We Go...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Kathryn1010, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Kathryn1010

Kathryn1010 New Member

Hey!! New to this; Aha!

Recieved my email this afternoon to confirm the next interview stage!

" Wednesday 1st April at Chez Gerard !! "

I'm from near Liverpool so got to book my train fare VERY soon =]]

I might just POP with excitement! Anyone else heard??

2. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Haha the title made me laugh, probably because I'm giddy with excitement! I'm from Blackpool so will be booking as soon as I get paid on Friday :) I think the 12.30 gets me to Waterloo around 3.45, leaves me with enough time to get my bearings before the big meal :D

3. Kathryn1010

Kathryn1010 New Member

The title; well it just came to me ;D

I was only in London this weekend actually, came back Sunday night!

See I'm ridiculously new... Are you going for the day or overnight?

Ahhhh.... Meal? Explain?

4. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Staying overnight..a bunch of us are gonna stay in the same hotel I think, have a big meal the night before to get to know everybody, and probably breakfast the morning of as well then walk up there together..much planning to do! U in? ;D

5. mushu

mushu New Member

Yep pretty much. I was at the last round of f2fs, Kathryn, and around 20 of us went to TGIs the night before and it was really helpful to get to know people so you're not so nervous. Plus at the interview itself, the people from Yummy keep an eye on us to see how we interact with others, so it helps to know some people already. I'm def up for the meal and I'll be staying overnight too I imagine!!

Welcome aboard and I love the title too!

6. Kathryn1010

Kathryn1010 New Member

Of course I'm in... I'll be wandering round Waterloo like a right looser otherwise Haha :p

7. Kathryn1010

Kathryn1010 New Member

Ooh I was at the Hard Rock Cafe on Friday. :D Beautiful but pricey LOL

8. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Did everyone stay in the same hotel?if so which?may be cheaper to book early..

9. mushu

mushu New Member

Umm quite a few people stayed in a hotel called the Dalmatia and shared rooms with two or three others - organised through here obviously. Being a very, very poor student, I stayed at a Youth Hostel called Globetrotter Inn. However those were both chosen cos they're close to the Disney HQ in Hammersmith, not Chez Gerard...

10. Kathryn1010

Kathryn1010 New Member

So do we know anyone else who has been successful for 01/04/09?? :)

11. Damon

Damon New Member

Good evening all!

Congratulations to all those who are through to the last interview stage. I too will be joining you guys at Chez Gerard on the 1st April.
    Haven't dared post anything on here yet in case I didn't get Good news, didn't want to count my chickens. I was on the 2007 and 2008 ICP's has anybody else done these programs or others? Would be interesting to know just how many returners and newbies there are.

12. Kathryn1010

Kathryn1010 New Member

Aye I'm new to it all. I've always known there has been a possibility to work there but didn't know how. I found Yummy like days before the application closed, threw in an AWFUL CV (haha) but magically, somehow, passed a telephone interview and got to this stage. SO lucky! Yeah I'm interested to hear from anyone with/without personal experience of the programmes... Just nice getting to know people! :) Damon, Are you planning to join the meal and thingsss?

13. sian jessica

sian jessica New Member

woop woop i got my interview too guys. 1st April!!! see you there. I'm from Maidstone Kent so not very far for me to travel. so looking forward to meeting everyone and finding out more about the CRP. anyone else got their golden ticket (or golden email i should say!)...

14. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

Yeah got my golden e-mail whilst I was at Uni library today nearly shouted out with excitement lol.
    Def sounds a good idea meeting up with everyone beforehand and def up for staying over night before in a hotel as travelling up from York!

Congrats to everyone!

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I won't be there (I will be an ICP this summer) - but I'm from York :D
    Shouldn't it be DOWN from York Adam? :p

16. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

yeah it should be down geography never was my strong point lol have fun when u go in summer rob

17. im going to be joining u all on the 1st of april. Its so soon!!!! lol, and i am up for the dinner thing and what not, cant wait!!! lol

18. arron87

arron87 New Member

hey Damon! I am a returner having done the ICP 07-08! I always thought i had an amazing experience but probably wouldnt go back, but here I am and Im now excited for the f2f!!

The dinner will be good, us guys from the north west should probably all go down to london together? Have a pre-dinner on the train down haha.

19. where is everyone staying? i cant wait to get to there, its so sooon.

20. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I can't really look at trains/hotels til saturday I'm working a lot this week!let me know if anyone finds a cheap hotel for everyone to stay in :)