Homesick

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by mpark90, Jan 27, 2009.

1. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Is anyone else worried about being really really homesick?

Ive never lived away from home before.. ever
    Im really scared that ill get really homesick and want to bail early :(

Is anyone else worried/ x

2. Mau

Mau New Member

Hi I´m from Mexico and will be a mexican CRP for march 24th and YES sometimes I think if I will miss my family and friends when Im in Orlando. Hopefully I can get along with my roomates and meet wonderful people so that my mind can be as much busy and happy for one year. Im nervous about everything who will be my roomate, what will happen there, will there be moments that I perhaps might feel lonely?. But even these things and issues are part of a process that hopefully will be for all of us the experience of a lifetime.

3. maye

maye New Member

Hahaha, I think I could fit in your topic.

I've never lived away from home before!! Well.. only for three summers (1 month each) for internships at the beach! :D

I feel that sometimes I'll be homesick :-\ Hope not!_________________________________________________ But I'm sure that I'll miss my family and friends!

4. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

ive been living away from my folks for the past 4 years, and only see them occasionally. so i am not worried one bit. im sure you guys will be alright though. sure you will miss your peeps back home, but then you just have to remind yourself you are actually doing something that A LOT of people can only dream of. so we are the lucky ones!!!! everyone else living with you are far away from their families aswell, so at least you wont feel lonely in that aspect.

hope that makes you guys feel better ;D

5. maye

maye New Member

Yeah! You're right!

Let's enjoy our dream!!

Thanks, DieEwan!

6. kate003

kate003 New Member

hey! i definately think we'll get homesick, i've lived away from my family the last 2 years for university but we are so close that i know for sure there will be some really hard days. However I keep hearing about how we become such a tight family down there, and as we are all away, i think we'll be able to help each other through it. Plus I think that we'll be soo busy all the time that we won't have much time to think about how much we miss home.

7. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Nah, not one iota will I be homesick. That doesn't mean I won't miss my family & friends a little bit but not to the point that it will bother me at all. It's a year, you'll never get the chance to do something like this again. It's worth not having your mom's cooking for!

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i got homesick when i was at uni but i got over that so i'm hoping i'll be good from now on. i think half of the problem in uni was that in the first few weeks i wasn't really very busy or anything. i'm sure when we're working and hanging out with people we'll be pretty good. and as stu says, it's a year, you've just gotta enjoy it while you've got it :)

9. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I know i probably won't get homesick, i'll miss everyone sure, but i've worked abroad before.

This time i'm taking a laptop with all my photos and everything on, it was horrible when i didn't take anything at all before.

I'm making a massive photo collage too, sad but...nice :D

10. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

im taking all the photos my parents have of me away from them. then when i get back after a year they would have forgotten what i look like. and i will be sporting this phat tattoo i got while i was in orlando. and they will be like: 'we forgot you had a tattoo!!!' and i will shrug and say but dad, i have had this for 5 years already. how could you forget something like this and they will blame the fact that they are getting old.

(this will be the only way my dad doesnt disown me for getting a tattoo)

hahahahahaha

11. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

Good plan Ewan my son! I plan on getting a couple more while I'm there...let's road trip to Miami Ink!

12. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I was planning on getting one or two out there, thanks for volunteering to take me stu :D

13. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

We'll tie it in with our drinking/camping trips!

14. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

yay for tattoos. ja we need to go to miami for that shizzz!

15. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I plan to get one done in Miami & one at Hart & Huntington at Citywalk. Go team ink!

16. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I haven't looked into it, but i know i'll be in good hands in miami!

17. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

do you guys have any designs of what you would be getting yet?

18. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I haven't got any tattoo's yet but have been wanting one for a looooong time, i have so many designss, but keep changing my mind. I want it to be perfect :)

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I've always wanted a dragon, but dont know where though!!

20. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I have no idea how to insert an image but I plan to get this on my shoulder..http://vnunl.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/triforce.jpg

It's the Hyrulian shield & the Triforce from Nintendo's Zelda games. Which I know sounds uber geeky but they have always been my favourite video games & I think it looks dope.