How many times?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by leomgray, Jul 7, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I was just wondering, i have only been to Walt Disney World in Florida twice in my life and i was wondering if that effects your application at all. Does it?

2. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I don't think it does.

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I had just wondered, as most of the people who have went have been loads of times before, ive only been twice and feel in love with it completely and i am desperate to go on the ICP. Do you think it would be different if anyone had not been at all?

4. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

it doesn't have any effect! I know people who have done it and go twice a year, and know people who have never left their home country before going to work at disney!

5. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Cheryl a friend of mine that is there now had never been to Florida before or Disney.

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh well, thts fine. I was quite worried about it, but i do want to go bck this summer but i cnt afford it. Do they look for any special requirements for the summer ICP program? like experience wise?

7. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

It all depends what position you are going in as.

Like if you want to be a lifeguard...duhh you need to have lots of experience.
    But with Characters I'm assuming they look for some theater experience but I doubt it is really THAT important.
    I know once you get there you have another audition.

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh right, i do have theatre and performing experience from concerts and musicals so tht would be fine because iw ould like to go for character. Thank you so much for your help TracyBrown.

9. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

No prob!

10. KC

KC New Member

Actually, all roles are zero experience required. Naturally, it helps if you have some, but it's not required. Even if you have a full lifeguard qualification, I believe, you still go through training and certification before being put to work. Ditto character performer. For these roles, though, there's a swim-test/audition first.

The way I like to tell it, the only experience required is to have had a childhood and know how to dream ;)

Corny, yes, but that's me!

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im 19 and still in mine....that's gotta help right?

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I like the way that is put! I am a big kid when it comes to Disney. Oh well, i thought you needed experience to do specific roles. That makes me feel a lot better now.

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

if it helps, my boyfriend is 25 and still loving his child side! no one should ever grow up.

maybe getting across this side with the fact you can be mature and responsible will help?

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I switch from each, im mature when im out in public and a child when im with my friends and on this or listening to music. 25? That is a longtime to still remain in childhood, lol. Oh well, you can never stop growing up.

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

he's my own peter pan :)

just not called peter lol.

yeah it is the best way to be. i change depending whom i am with, especially at work. you know which mangers not to pee off.

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

My manager loves Disney and is pushing me to do this next year so i can act anyway i like in front of her.

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

my managers arent keen. it means they are losing a training squad member for next summer....even though im off back to uni in september.

though i say sod em cos everyone else wants me to do it!

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, nobody will be able to stop me applying. I just hope i cn get accepted. Its so nerve racking

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i know what you mean. i just got my paychecl today and have £200 from one week :) cant wait to add that to the disney fund :)

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow that is amazing, im not making near enough that much money. I am going to be like spending nothing every month just to be able to pay for my flights. But if i am determined to go then i will be able to do it, i have done it before.