ICP 2009ers - come to London for names-to-faces dinner, drinks and good times!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Tiddelypom, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Hello fellow ICP 2009ers!
    (and to those of you who are not sure yet - good luck in imminent interviews!)

There have been murmurs in the ranks that we should meet up sometime to put some faces to these names, have some general (but inevitabely Disney-based) banter and, for some of you, possibly have your first and last drink together before the confines of American law illegalize your usual habits!

I have a ridiculously biased plan of London. Not cause I'm here all the time oo no definately not ::)
    Although would be nice to perhaps meet up somewhere more central cause you're all going to be dragged down my way for visa interviews anyway wooo!
    Up to the general populus really.

And as for when... well let's open the floor for discussion...

Looking forward to meeting you all! xx

2. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Well Well....my my! I wonder who was mumouring in the ranks :-X not me no no :eek:

So I say we should meet up asap, and then again :D generally cos I like get togethers ::)
    Maybe when you all find out you've got in, and because you're all slightly more southern....we can meet in the capital?!

Possibly in the new year?! Start as we mean to go on and all of that malarky, mickey malarky.

I can't wait to meeeeet you all....gets me all very excited... ;D xx

3. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

i'll come to london for a disney get together even though i'm tecnically not an icp 2009, didnt get through the interview but hasnt put me off reapplying for another program in the furture

4. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Good idea but no way I could afford the journey to London.

5. hayley...x

hayley...x New Member

well we could maybe plan to meet in london when we are getting our visas?

hmm but wait...do we all get our visas around the same time? if not, that cud be a flaw in my idea lol

or maybe we could meet further up towards scotland? (for all the scottish ppl involved??) somewhere near the border? ;D

6. WALL-E

WALL-E New Member

I'd be up for a get-together! I'm liking the Scotland(/border) idea! A wee bit closer to base.. :)

7. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

I am up for another journey to London! Just as long as I can book tickets in advance everything should be alright travel wise.

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'm coming, even if I don't get in!!

I love london, but it depends whether I could afford to get there.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would love to go to london, i think i may be planning to go there at the end of january or go to dlrp, not thought much about it yet, hehe. But for everyone to meet it would be best if it was more central, yea? Maybe Carlisle or Newcastle or GLASGOW!!!!

10. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Isn't Glasgow even worse than London? I was thinking more Nottingham or something like that.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wheres nottingham? isnt that near london?

12. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

I'll come eventhough Ive not been accepted/ had my interview yet ;D

We should go and see the lion king! lol ;D

13. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

Re: ICP 2009ers - come to London for names-to-faces dinner, drinks and good time

wot bout york or sum where in the middle of the uk, nottingham is 150mile north of london

14. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Oh yeah course Notts is only midlands in England isn't it? And to think I did A Level Geography and travel the country every week watching football ::)

It's gonna be quite tough to get everyone together in one place. York's a good option with good train links. I guess other good uns could be Leeds or Manchester if we went for middle? it's tough really.

15. Callum_McK

Callum_McK New Member

I think manchester is the one that is closest to the middle really and fair on everyone, tho it will ve mega hard to get everyone together and find a date suitable for most people.
    I think the best idea is for us all to book our visas on the same day then we can all go there together and go out in london at night?
    x

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, that sounds like an amazing idea!
    When do we find out when we can go find our visas?

17. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I agree that seems the best idea IMHO. The lass who rang me yesterday said 4-6 weeks before departure for the interview so that'd be May time.

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hmmm, yea that would be the same for me

i think i would need to do it before my exams though or straight after if i have enough time.

19. AllyAllyBoomBoom

AllyAllyBoomBoom New Member

Re: ICP 2009ers - come to London for names-to-faces dinner, drinks and good time

well i live in Oxford, but am in uni in Leeds, so London, Manchester, York and Leeds can all be done from my end!!!

if ppl wanna cum 2 Leeds for the drink, some ppl can crash at my house, to cut back on costs...

i spoke with the Disney people 2day, she said we will get our Visa forms in our info packs which should be with us before Christmas, so i guess we can choose when we get our Visa's, but im not sure!!!

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'm at Lancaster, but come from York - so York, Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham would all be fine from my end!
    If we did York a couple would be able to crash at mine!
    I was told ~4 weeks before departure we'd get our visas so.... would be good to met then, but we are going at different times...
    xx