ICP for Recent Grads?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by ana_leal, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ana_leal

ana_leal New Member

Hi!! my name is Ana and im from Mexico

So im graduating next year and i really want to do the ICP but i dont know if thats possible after graduation? i emailed Disney a couple days ago asking about what options i have and they reply saying this:

One option is to participate on one of our programs for international students. Many students work at the Mexican pavilion at EPCOT on our Cultural Representative Program, although some students work in other locations as part of our International College Program. For more information, please go to www.DisneyInternationalPrograms.com. When you review this site, you'll notice that these are entry-level positions in our theme parks and resorts. So you may not be working in your major, although you'd have the opportunity to gain transferable employment skills (such as leadership, time management, and customer service), and of course you would have Disney on your résumé. For either of these programs, Disney would petition for your visa, and you can do these after graduation

So they said i can do the ICP after graduation, anybody else here has done it? and is there a limit of time after graduation to do it?

If you have any info please help me =) thanks

2. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Not sure if it would be the same for you as it is for Australians, but here we can do the ICP within 12 months after graduation. I will graduate in May and then I'm off to Disney in August!

3. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I'm sure you can do ICP straight after graduation. I hope you can lol I graduate June 2013 and I want to go straight there and do the 3 month ICP, I hope I can :eek: Never really thought about it! x

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

When I did it in 2010, that was also when I graduated. I actually missed my graduation ceremony as I was there, but I was willing to do that for Disney. I feel like some people fly back for graduation, but personally I think it's a bit expensive for one thing, plus I'm not 100% you can do it.

But yes: as long as you do the summer ICP the year you finish uni, you can do it after finishing!
    xx

5. Piglet

Piglet New Member

cool :D I did it in 2010 too but I was in my first year then and then I started a course again so I've had a few years to do it but not managed to get back on the program again since :( I wouldn't fly back for my graduation, it's not even that great lol you get 2 tickets and my parents are split up so i have the awkward choice of choosing who to take :/