ICP Quick Service F&B

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by CharlotteSparkle, Jan 23, 2008.

1. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Hey, where abouts could I be working in F&B? Will it definately be in one of the parks?

Charlotte

2. Spaztaz

Spaztaz New Member

Hey

Nope it could be anywhere on property, that could be a park but there are sooooo many other places with quick service. You could be in a hotel as most have some form of quick service, somewhere in Downtown Disney, one of the water parks to name a few!!

3. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I know alot of people who were quick service at the hotels! one of my friends had shifts that started at 4/5am every day. yikes!

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I was QS F&B in the Magic Kingdom (at the Main Street Bakery and Plaza Ice Cream Parlor... it was an awesome place to work!)

I never had to start at 4 or 5am, but I remember finshing closing the bakery at 5.45am! The the morning crew came in and opened up again at 6am LOL

I loved F&B. OK, I loved the Jungle too, but if I had to go back to either, I'd go back the the bakery. All the CP's were a lot closer, and I love scooping ice cream while watching Wishes :p

5. Kevus

Kevus New Member

i am not 100% sure but i think being q/s means you might be outdoor food, on the stands and such...

6. DisneyGibbs

Quick Service is any food location that isn't Table Service. So any of the park restaurants (e.g. Bakery, Casey's, Electric Umbrella, the UK Chippy), Outdoor Foods (ODF) which is carts around a park and also food halls in the resorts.

7. missdipika

missdipika New Member

Heya!!! I''m doin quick service, goin june the 3rd. Does anyone know what sort of stuff we may have to wear, and is it funn??? o ye n this is a tipped role ryt? xxXxx

8. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

missdipika, it would all depend on where you are placed.
    Everywhere has a "themed" costume.

9. DisneyGibbs

Quick service F&B is not tipped, but you do get 50 cents more than anyone else!

10. Giuli

Giuli New Member

50 cents more? I got my package last week and i'm not gettin that muuch for quc service f&b, how much do other roles normally get?

11. DisneyGibbs

50 cents less? I don't know what the going pay is at the moment, but when I was there, I got $6.90 in QS and then $6.40 in attractions.

12. beck-y

beck-y New Member

Its $6.67 now for general roles.`

13. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Hey,
    I am working QS this summer (may 25-august 8) and my package says im getting paid 7.39$

So we could be working in a hotel or Downtown Disney?!?! Thats so sweet! I didn't know that we would be working outside of the parks.
    When do we find out when we get there?? Like right away or do we have to wait a couple days after Traditions and all that??

Also, I asked Disney if I could find shoes before hand because I have such a hard time finding anything to fit me (I have extremely small feet) and they gave me a description of a shoe to buy and that theyd put me in a position that fit that type of footwear.... they told me to buy an "athletic style black lace up shoe". Not sure how many places this applies to but does anyone have a bit of idea what type of area I'd be working in the an athletic style lace up shoe??

14. Mauro

Mauro New Member

hahaha ...i believe that around 80% if locations wear this type of show .....so i cant tell you where you might be working but i am pretty sure you wont be working at the following locations as they use white sneakers instead:

1. Wide World of Sports
    2. EPCOT ODF
    3. Any Water Park
    4.Any All star resort (Not 100% sure, but at least not merch!!!)

Hope this info was usefull¡¡

I was F&B and believe Disney does not give out free money to anyone .....so those extra 50 cents .....you work your ass off to get them ¡¡¡¡

15. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I'm getting something around $7.50 *feels smug*.... *yet still poor* :(