icp summer 08..

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by disneydreamer, Aug 24, 2008.

1. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

I got back today from the best summer ive ever had! the program is good, but my time in disney was amazing...it really is what you make of it...i met some really great people. friends for life..
    and now i intend to apply for icp 09!!

2. I definetly agree with you there. My last day at work is on Wednesday and I'm gonna miss this place so much when I leave. I would definetly say that it has been one of the best experiences of my life. I can't apply for this summer coming but instead I am plannning on doing the graduate programme.

3. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

why cant you apply for the summer again?
    yummy jobs say they accept 3rd yr students for the summer program as well and i know lots of people who did this year...unless you graduated this year already....?
    dont get me wrong being home for a day and seeing everyone again has been good!!

4. I graduate in july, my problem isn't really that I can't but I want to go for a longer period of time. 3 months is't long enough for me. It won't allow me to do those things that I want to do. I want to become a trainer and then hopefully do a professional internship over there instead of extending to do another role.
    Yeh it was nice to see family and friends but now I just want to go back and because of american immigration laws we have to wait a year and to be honest it is just stupid.

5. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

what are the immigration laws? that we cant get another visa for a year?

6. yeh, we can't get another work visa for a year which I personally think is stupid but there isn't anything that can be done about it. We have to follow it if we want to get back.

7. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

is it a year from when we finish or when we got that one? cause people go back for the summer program 2 yrs in a row right....cause i just did it and finished mid august but would be applying for a visa for early june if i did the program again...?

8. I think it is a year from when the visa was issued. That is what I am assuming anyway. I am not planning to go out again until october anyway (maybe end of july) and when I hopefully go out again in March I will be getting an exemption card as I will be going on holiday which will be weird. Going to MK and not being allowed to just pop backstage for a drink or to see my friends and managers who will still be there.

9. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

yeah it would definately be weird going back there and not being a cast member, it is in any place you work...let alone disney!!
    an exemption card...is that cause its not a workign visa and just a holiday?