Ideas for a trip to DUBLIN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimthecoolone, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

Hi ya!

I'm going to Dublin next week for 3 days and I was wondering what things I should do or see there? I've heard about Temple Bar and of course the Guinness Brewery, but what else do you recommend?? I'm also travelling with 5 Americans, so any recommendations on the traditional/historical side would be wicked!

Thanks guys! ;D

2. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I'm quite a ways away from Dublin, and I've never been there myself (one day!!), but I thought I'd pass on a link to a site that lists all the things to do there. It's a pretty popular site, and users basically rank different tours, restaurants, etc. So have a poke around! I think there's a forum somewhere as well in there, so it's worth asking around! :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g186605-Activities-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

3. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Trinity College in the center of Dublin is quite a good historical place to bring people, there's an ancient book there that is a pretty big deal apparently, called the book of kells, it's the type of thing americans might like! There are various castles around the place and plenty of tours you can go on. If you're doing shopping in the center of town, try not to stick to the main streets, go off down the side streets because that's where the more traditional irish shops and cafe's are. If you're looking for somewhere to eat, there's a place called Luigi Malone's in temple bar, i went there about 2 years ago, i don't remember much about it, except that it was really nice and they had a toblerone cheesecake! ;D
    Here's a website that might give you some ideas http://www.visitdublin.com/seeanddo/dublin.aspx

4. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

Thanks guys for all the info! I'll definitely be checking out those websites! Thank You! ;D

5. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Have a fun time! :) Let me know what you end up doing, as I really want to go there sometime soon!

6. Eve

Eve New Member

I go to Dublin about once a month and Croke Park is defo a must see, Trinity has the book of Kells too but definitely Croke Park cos it has a GAA museum!!!! its sooooooooooooooo awesome!!! ;D