I'm Going Insane

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by catfish278, Mar 30, 2013.

1. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I've done three Disney programs but this wait to get a start date has been the worst waiting game I've ever played... it's been almost two months since my interview now and I have my medical approved, visa in my passport and CRB check back... but still no date. I'm in merchandise - if anyone's reading this who is also waiting let me know! I'm going crazy!

2. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I saw this without opening it and was like oh that is Catherine, wonder what she is saying, then read the title and was like "of course", may be good to know if anyone is on here from the October interviews and is waiting for a date in merchandise as well as the Feb applicants

3. ABird

ABird New Member

Hey!
    I was part of the October interviews. I had my C1/D, Medical and background check all sorted by the start of February, and I only just got my start date 2 days ago.
    I'm in merchandise, and I start on the Disney Dream on 23rd May.
    Hopefully you'll find out soon :)

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Thanks for replying!! Question - do you currently have a job and have notice to give on it or did you tell them you could start ASAP? And I don't know if you know, but how many other merchies got accepted from the october interviews? Congrats on the start date, hopefully we'll have ours soon!!

5. ABird

ABird New Member

Yeah, I have a job so I told them that I needed notice for that, and because I had a holiday booked for the end of February they knew I couldn't start with DCL until March 20th at the earliest.
    Unfortunately I don't know about other merch people from the October interviews. There was about 25 people in my interview group and I was the only one there applying for a merch role.
    The waiting around for a date is the worst! I really hope you hear very soon!!!

6. Heyy all! i was at the october interviews, i'm assistant dining room server thugh, its killing me waiting for my date!! shes saying june/july now to me it just keeps getting put back!! Congrats those with dates!! x

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oh wow thats a long time! I heard it took ages in F&B. Maybe you met my friend Ani at the oct interviews, she was offered a place in F&B too I think, I worked with her in florida... I don't know if she got a date or whatever in the end. I know she's still in the uk right now though!

Hope you get it soon!

8. I can't remember the names of anyone who i was in the interviews with! maybe though!! yeah it seem to be F&B that takes the longest, sucha long wait!!

Thank you!!

9. Powell2301

Powell2301 New Member

Hey everyone I was in October interviews and now have my start date!!! I will fly to Vancouver on 23rd may and will join the Disney wonder on 27th may!! My position is assistant dining room server.. Add me on Facebook stephxpowel@hotmail.co.uk